A Bag of Sweets and A Bundle of Trouble by Anestel

Story notes: This is a plotbunny that I think was from Cheysuli on the LOM forum, not totally sure. Anyway, it's been gnawing at me for a while and I finally decided to write it. It's pretty funny, I think, but that is just me.
Beta: Orchyd Constyne
"Go on, Thranduil. I will be fine. I have raised three children of my own, as you are aware. I believe I can handle Legolas for a few hours," Elrond told his lover, whose eyes still showed doubt.

Thranduil sighed. "All right, but be sure to keep him away from sugar, or you shall have an Orcling on your hands." He looked pointedly at Elrond, his expression utterly serious. Elrond laughed, his eyes sparkling with his mirth. "Oh, come now, meldir; he is but a child and cannot be that difficult. He is ever the angel in my care!"

Thranduil rolled his eyes, shaking his head. He bent down and gave Elrond a brief kiss, and then looked at his five-year-old son. Legolas was playing with some blocks, oblivious to the conversation being had about him. A slight smile appeared on the King's face as he walked over and picked up the small boy. "Behave for Elrond while I am away, ionen," he said, giving the child a stern look.

Legolas nodded and grinned sweetly at his father, but a mischievous glint was reflected in his deep sapphire eyes as he answered. "Yes, Ada."

Thranduil smiled at him, and kissed his cheek. He then turned to look at Elrond. "You know where I'll be if he becomes too much trouble," the Elf-king said, setting his golden son down. He offered Elrond a final wistful smile before leaving the two alone, heading to a meeting he did not want to attend.

Legolas stared at the door for a moment, as if he were making certain his Ada was not coming back. When he was convinced, he looked at Elrond with an impish grin before returning his attention to the blocks.

Elrond watched the boy, a smile playing on his lips. Thranduil was worried over nothing. He could handle the little Prince just fine. The child was a little angel.

Or so he thought...