Bargaining for Beginners by Honesty

Printer


Summary: Legolas/Gimli may be the best know Elf/Dwarf partnership on Middle-Earth, but it certainly isn't the only one. This is for Celebrimbor and Narvi, the two craftsmen (craftsbeings?) who made the Doors of Moria.
Rating: Teenage Audience [Reviews - 0]
Category: FPS, FPS > Celebrimbor/Narvi, FPS > Narvi/Celebrimbor
Characters: Celebrimbor, Narvi
Type: None
Warning: Interspecies
Challenge: None
Series: None
Chapter: 2 | Completed: Yes | Words: 7530 | Read: 6292
Published: November 12, 2008 | Updated: November 12, 2008


Story notes: A/N: Thanks to Arachne (AlsoA on ff.net) for some inspired beta-ing!

The geography here predates the Watcher in the Water, and the Sirannon is still the vigorous stream that Gandalf reminisces about in FotR.

A slight slip-up - the patronymic for Dwarvish names was the suffix -ul, whereas I've used the more Scandinavian -sson. My excuse is, the -ul is Khuzdul, so they use the Nordic form before strangers for reasons of secrecy.

I have also slipped up foodwise, as I was under the firm impression that Cram was a Dwarvish food, and now find that we're told in The Hobbit that it was made by the Men of Dale, with no suggestion from the Dwarves' reaction that the recipe was originally theirs. Call it amnesia auctoris (creative licence).

I have tried dried beef, incidentally, and it is a little like eating very thick, stringy leather.

1. Chapter 1 by Honesty [Reviews - 0] (3154 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Honesty [Reviews - 0] (4376 words)