The Journey by LadyAna

Printer


Summary: Aragorn and Legolas aid a wounded animal during an Elven Ritual called "The Mahtan Elanessë" - The Maia, Ossë, was tempted for a time by Melkor. Ultimately, his spouse, Uinen, brought him back to Ulmo's (lord of water) service. It is said that those who call on the Spirit of Uinen while near water will either meet their god, Elwe, or their betrothed. This is after Aragorn has met Arwen, but she has not yet returned his love.
Rating: Teenage Audience [Reviews - 0]
Category: FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas
Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: Romance/Drama
Warning: AU, First-time
Challenge: None
Series: None
Chapter: 1 | Completed: Yes | Words: 4887 | Read: 1269
Published: August 05, 2012 | Updated: August 05, 2012


Story notes: The movies were the inspiration, but the research was supplied by the books, the Elvish Name Generator (http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/) and "The Encyclopedia of Arda" (http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/)

This was written for the Halloween Challenge on the Aragorn/Legolas Slash Yahoo egroup. However, I just wanted to say *this* version was NOT the one I initially entered into the contest. But, I did some serious improvements and would like for the tale to reflect the changes.

Thanx to elfscribe for some beta advice!

I combine book and movie canon and...sometimes I dismiss both entirely. Just don't be surprised if things are changed around.

DEDICATION: This story is dedicated to my favorite A/L authors(...you know who you are!). Also, Cactuskim, the Theban Group, Thalassa, jayay58, Tien, Agrotora, Elisa of "Lassegalenslaire" and anyone else who plays with pics of our boys!

Grey Elves - An Elvish people of Telerin origin. Coming to the western shores of Middle-Earth with the others of their kin, they did not pass across the sea, but remained in Beleriand. Some had tarried there searching for their lord, ELWE, while others were persuaded to remain by OSSE, the Maia. OSSE was tempted away from Ulmo(lord of water) for a time by Melkor. Ultimately his spouse UINEN brought him back to Ulmo's service.

1. Chapter 1 by LadyAna [Reviews - 0] (4887 words)