Courting Death by Carhuine Malthenel

While Rumil and Thranduil talked the Lady Galadriel stood in her talan daydreaming. She gazed out a window as she sang, her heart was glad that Legolas would be alright. Celeborn stood in the doorway smiling as he watched his wife.

"Did you tell Thranduil about Rumil's vision last night?" he asked as he walked over to his wife. He wrapped his arms around her waist in a light hug.

Galadriel smiled and leaned against her husband. "No. Rumil is honest he will tell him." she laughed slightly. "First Haldir and now Rumil. Soon Orophin will find a love then we shall be alone."

Celeborn kissed the top of her head, he could hear the sadness in her voice. "I know melamin. We see them as children even though they are well over three thousand years old. Do not dispair for they will love you always. They are your sons."

She nodded sighing as she spoke. "I know but love can be tricky. I haven't even figured it all out yet!" she teased her husband.

Celeborn laughed and turned Galadriel around so he could kiss her mouth. He ran his fingers through her lovely golden hair.

"Come melamin show me what you do know of love." Celeborn whispered into her ear before he nipped the tip of it.

Galadriel shivered and grasped her husbands hand. "If you insist milord." she laughed as she led him to their bed.




Haldir watched Legolas and Aragorn sleep, they both looked so peaceful. Sighing he got up and walked to the window. He looked out upon the splendor of Lorien but it held no peace for him. He could still see Legolas laying on the ground his lovely face pale, crimson blood staining the ground. Haldir felt the tears run down his face, he was shocked he hadn't cried since his parents died. Rumil and Orophin had been to young to remember them but he did. He remembered the day Galadriel and Celeborn had come to bring them to their home. Haldir shook his head trying to shake the images in his head. But they continued to torment him, sobbing he laid his head upon the windowsill. He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he did not hear someone approach him. Before he knew it he was being turned into a loving embrace, his head rested upon a soild chest. Haldir clutched at the person not caring who it was, he just needed someone to hold him.

"What is wrong melamin?" Aragorn asked Haldir while he gently rubbed his back.

Haldir smiled slightly he should have know it was Aragorn. "I was thinking about my parents, my biological parents I mean. I was thinking about Legolas also. I can't seem to stop thinking."

"Come back to bed then, you need your rest also. Besides Legolas needs both of us close by."

Haldir nodded and followed Aragorn back to their bed he lay down behind Legolas. Aragorn lay in front of him, together they held him in a warm loving embrace.




Thranduil wondered what he should do, the young one had fallen asleep. They had talked for hours about anything and everything. When Rumil had yawned Thranduil had smiled pulled him closer. Rumil had smiled and snuggled up against the elder elf and fell asleep. It could not be comfortable sleeping on the ground that much he knew. Without a second thought he picked up Rumil and carried him back to his talan. Thranduil laid him upon the bed and pulled the covers over him. He then pulled a chair up next to the bed and sat, watching as the young one slept.
Chapter end notes: A/N: I got some email saying that the story was to dark and depressing. So I thought I would lighten it up a bit. Peer pressure sucks. lol. So this is a diversion from my normal depresso works. Hope you like it. But don't dispair the darkness shall return for Helm's Deep is coming up in later Chapters. You have been warned. Muhahahahahahahahahaha. For I am Illuvitar I hold all lives with in my grasp all shall love me and dispair! Sorry got all Galadriel on you all, heh. lmao.

A/N pt 2: Sorry about the cuddling. Don't know what I was thinking. :)

A/N Please, please review or send comments, complaints anything to themuffingirl@punkass.com. PLEASE!!!