Classy Footwear by Himring

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +

She stubbornly avoided Yavien's gaze and looked down at their feet. Inevitably, she began to compare those, too.

Yavien's shoes  were made for walking, her stockings plain, travel wear, not for show. But still--how they stood out beside the rush sandals she had fashioned for herself!

'See?'  she burst out. 'You surely paid that royal cobbler of yours more for those shoes than I earn in a month! We just don't match!'

'And I thought it was something I had done!' said Yavien. She took her shoes and stockings off.

'Slip out of those sandals and we'll match again.'

Chapter end notes:

I was actually envisioning knee-high stockings (tied with garters). If you imagined them being longer, then I guess there would definitely be innuendo at the end, rather than just possible innuendo.
The rush sandals are perhaps technically not woven of rushes, but another marshy plant (waves vaguely in the direction of attested Egyptian and Japanese sandal types).

 

Written for the Footwear Challenge that ran at the same time over at Tolkien Weekly on LiveJournal, rather than any of the prompts for Tolkien Femslash Weekly, but the timing wasn't exactly coincidence...

A true drabble according to Word.