I can be your Artist, and your Elf by Gladiolus

“Legolas!!”

The third day after Aragorn met Legolas in that snow-heavy morning started with a yell.

It is around nine in the morning, and yes, both living in the house was up by the time, but none really started their lives before Aragorn came storming out of the room. A few seconds ago, he was sitting in his pretty rosewood desk, staring the life out of a poor piece of paper, his pen repetitively dipping itself into his favorite dark-green ink.

Aragorn felt like he could stay like that for another two and half hours, then go down for lunch. But no, his peace was interrupted.

“Legolas! I can’t work like this.” Aragorn is leaning on the railing and screaming to get his voice across to the blond.

“Hum?” Legolas looked up at him, with a pair of cute, innocent, puppy eyes.

“Turn it off, Legolas!” Aragorn moved closer to the stairs, and kept on trying to get his voice above the deafening noise, “I cannot work while a vacuum cleaner is creating such a racket in my house! It chases all the muse away!”

“Aragorn,” Legolas turned off the vacuum, but Aragorn could tell by his expression and voice that this peace is only temporary. Legolas’ next words proved him right, “Your house is a mess, you cannot live like you haven’t cleaned your room for a year! Do you realize how dusty it is?”

“Yes, yes I realize.” Aragorn sighed at the truth, though he still tried to bargain with the young man as he descended the stairs, “But can’t you do it some other time, when I’m not trying to work with my muse?”

“Aragorn,” Legolas chuckled, “You’re not going to get a story by staring at paper.”

The young blond dropped the vacuum and came over to his side. Aragorn felt a pair of gentle yet firm hands on his shoulder, then he realized he was getting pushed to the door.

“Aragorn, you have been sitting in this house for three days, it is clear you’ve just been staring at paper. Go take a walk, find your muse,” Legolas’ voice is lively with pleasure, “Come back half past nine, and I’ll be done with my work. Though, if you’re willing to spent the whole morning outside, that’s even better.”

They got to the doors. Legolas pulled out a coat for Aragorn, then sent him on his way.

“Enjoy the morning sun, and that nice breeze blowing by.” Legolas happily waved him goodbye, and shut the door in his face.

Aragorn stood at his doorsteps, his mind working to grasp the situation.

“But, Legolas, that is my house...”

He spoke to the solid wooden door, unsure of that fact now.

******

Eventually Aragorn did what Legolas suggested. He spent the whole morning in the park, feeling the cool breeze on his skin and listening to the trees rustle.

Legolas is correct, the nature calmed him, and his anxiety for starting a new book faded away with the snow. As Aragorn strolled back to his house, he even got some ideas pop into his mind, that would serve very well for a story.

That young man works magic.

Aragorn sighed happily in his heart.

There was a variety of reasons for Aragorn’s delay on the new book, but mainly, it is because his dream of inspirations went sour. They were no longer adventures he was eager to go on, but nightmares that haunted him night after night.

The first night Legolas spent in his house, he caught Aragorn sneaking to the kitchen because he could not sleep.

******

“Aragorn?”

A figure sat up from the couch, he called softly into the dark. Even though the end of his name was raised into a question, Aragorn still felt like he had been spotted by those intense blue eyes.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” Aragorn apologized for interrupting the young man’s sleep, though he thought he walked without a sound.

“No, I was never really asleep.” Legolas answered as he came over to Aragorn, it is middle of the night, but he still sound as awake as ever, “May I help you with anything?”

“It’s all right, I was just going to grab a cup of water.” Aragorn told Legolas, then headed into the kitchen, still troubled by the nightmare.

“Are you having trouble to sleep?”

Aragorn jerked at the voice and almost dropped his cup. He did not realize Legolas followed him into the kitchen, despite Legolas spoke gentle and soft, he still went near to a heart attack.

“Sorry, I should’ve given you more warning.” Legolas noticed Aragorn’s jolt and smiled, though more jokingly than apologize.

“You really don’t walk with sound.” Aragorn relaxed a bit, laughed at those words, and took a slip of water to calm his pounding heart. He step down his cup and said to Legolas, “Thank you for the care, but I’m doing fine.”

Legolas took a step closer, peering at his expression, “Are you sure?”

“Y-yes.” Aragorn stammered for only a second, he took a breath to determine his mind, then passed the young man to head upstairs again, “It is late in the night, I’ll disturb you no longer.”

Legolas followed him back into the living room without a word, but as Aragorn began to climb the stairs he suddenly asked, “Would you like a lullaby?”

“I’m sorry?” Aragorn thought he heard wrong.

“A lullaby,” Legolas repeated, confirming the word that sounded mysterious to Aragorn’s ears, “I can sing for you, Aragorn.”

“What? No.” Aragorn refused instinctively, “No, Legolas, I can’t let you do that.”

The blond only smiled and held gaze with him, dim light reflected in those blue eyes, like a pool of stars in the dark.

Aragorn felt like he was pierced by those eyes.

“Don’t be ridiculous, you need rest Aragorn, I can see it in your eyes.” That was the first time Aragorn saw the firm side of Legolas, he found himself marveling at it. Before he realized, he was guided towards his bedroom by Legolas.

“You don’t have to do this, Legolas.” Aragorn tried to refuse again as Legolas sat him down on his bed. He also struggled a bit, but Legolas was much stronger than he expected.

“Rest now,” Legolas laid him down and pulled the covers over him, “I am here, Aragorn.”

Though the actions taken by Legolas is not appropriate for their relation, Aragorn did not feel offended, he was just embarrassed, awkward being treated like a young boy. After all, Legolas is younger than him, right?

But Legolas started humming a beautiful tune, and Aragorn drifted off before he can resist, fallen into a dreamless, warm sleep.

It was a sound night.

Though the next morning, when he woke up to find Legolas sitting next to him was a bit startling. Aragorn snapped awake when he realized the young man was in the exact same position as last night, still humming a soft tune, like he never moved.

Aragorn clumsily apologized for falling asleep yesterday, but still thanked Legolas for his song and a good night’s sleep. Somewhere within that conversation the topic took a turn, before Aragorn realized, he agreed to Legolas’ offer to sing for him every night. Therefore, in attempt to remedy his mistake and repay Legolas’ goodwill, Aragorn shared his bed after all.

Although because Legolas always slept after him and woke up before him these past two days, Aragorn never really knew if Legolas had taken his offer or not.

******

Aragorn pulled himself out of the memory as he stepped into his house. He felt awesome, and full of energy, ready to start anything. All thanks to Legolas.

He even felt good enough to prepare a lunch for Legolas, though judging by the passion Legolas showed towards cooking, it’s probably the best if they do the meal together. Again, thanks to Legolas, now he doesn’t have to eat fast food every meal.

Then all his plans on lunch was thrown aside when he stepped into his living room.

“What, have you, done......?”

Aragorn’s jaw dropped in shock as he took in the whole view of his living room.

Legolas sat on a tall iron ladder that Aragorn was quite sure was not in his house when he left this morning. His arms are crossed on the top of the ladder and his chin rested on his palm. Head tilted and legs swinging through air, Legolas smiled with pure joy like a child.

“What do you think?” He asked Aragorn, voice like young birds chirping in the morning light, “Do you like it?”

“I was only away for a morning......” Aragorn took a step forward, mind still numb from the shock and he doesn’t know what he was saying.

Looks like he gotta get use to these surprises, if he still wants to live under the same roof with Legolas.
Chapter end notes: Sorry I'm really not a fast updater, and I'm just huge on procrastination*sad* Still though, I do work faster with reviews :D