I can be your Artist, and your Elf by Gladiolus

Story notes: I have not read the books yet, and it is an half AU so my setting is bound to be different from Tolkiens in order for this story to work.
I don't really have a habit of doing beta, and I have horrible grammar, if you catch any mistakes feel free to leave me a message and I will fix it.
There will be a few OCs in the story, though none of them have a major role, they're just there to make the story seem more logical(well yeah if you ignore all the nonlogical parts first).
Elrond/Thranduil mentioned, but will not have a major role.

Disclaimer: I love them, yes, but they don't belong to me*cry (except my OCs)
Chapter notes: I feel like this spoils my whole story, but I just need to explain why they are returning. QvQ
Legolas opened the door to find Elrond on his steps, smiling with wisdom and care.

“May I help you?” Legolas asked with confusion. He rarely get visitors at his cabin, for he does not socialize much with others, but the friends from the Fellowship. Even with friends from the Fellowship, they find Legolas at their doorsteps more than they knock on Legolas’s door. The last time Legolas heard a knock was from Gimli, and even that was almost too long for him to remember.

“I came to visit you, my dear child.” Elrond said soothingly, “It seems like I could never find you around. The last time we talked, if my memories are correct, was over two thousand years ago. I promised your father to look after you, yet I don’t even know how you feel about the life here.”

“I’m sorry.” Legolas mumbled, for he avoided the elder elf on propose. He cannot bring himself to be in the presence of Elrond, not while the guilt gnaws at his heart.

“No need to apologize.” Elrond waved his hand, the smile deepened at his lips as he asked, “Have you heard the news brought by the wind?”

“No.” Legolas denied, yet his averted eyes betrayed him.
“Legolas,” Elrond sighed, though he did not point out it’s an obvious lie, “Aragorn is alive again, on those foreign lands.”

Elrond paused, peered at Legolas, who is still not looking at him. Seeing that the younger elf has no intent to speck, Elrond continued onto his true propose, “I am planning to return to those lands. Legolas, do you want to come with me?”

“No!” Legolas whipped his glance back on Elrond, full of shock, as if that very idea terrifies him, “I cannot!”

“Why can’t you?” Elrond asked, patiently guiding the young elf to speak his mind.

“Because—— ” Legolas started, but he realized who he was speaking to and caught himself in time. He half turned away from Elrond, trying vaguely to hide his expression from the elder elf, “I’m sorry, Lord Elrond, I cannot accompany you back to the eastern lands.”

“Legolas.” Elrond called his name in a low voice, and took a step forward. Instinctively, Legolas took a step back, and shielded the doorway to his room.

“We’ve been standing here for awhile, are you not going to invite me in for tea?” Elrond asked, with an innocent smile.

“Eh......” Legolas showed clear reluctance on letting Elrond into the room, he bit his lip, working his brain for an appropriate excuse to refuse Elrond’s entrance. Yet, the elder elf did not intend to wait for a refusal, with nimbleness that showed his was also a warrior, Elrond slipped pass Legolas and made into the room before the elf prince could react.

“Lord Elrond!” Legolas was right after him, but he could not stop Elrond from taking the full sight of his room.

Turning around, Elrond fixed a stern gaze on Legolas, gesturing at the walls, “Legolas, do you still intend to deny your desire to travel back to the eastern lands?”

Knowing fully what Elrond means, Legolas bit his lip again as he looked at the ground.

Elrond sighed, understanding how stubborn the elf prince can be, his tone softened, “Legolas, you will not get another chance like this.”

“.....Arwen?” Legolas finally removed his gaze from the ground, and is looking at Elrond again. His expression showed pain, yet his eyes are calm with acceptance.

“My daughter is at peace.” Elrond said quietly, “But you and Aragorn lives, and the living is always more important than those resting in death. If Arwen can speak now, I believe she will also encourage you to pursue your heart, neither her love or death should be a hinder.”

Legolas fell silent and still. Elrond patiently waited for a long moment, then realizing Legolas needed a bit more push, he changed his tactics.

“Legolas, I will be very pleased if you accompany back to the eastern lands, to find your father Thranduil.” Elrond suggested, “The last elf from across the sea said that land went through much change, I am concerned for Thranduil.”

Legolas looked at him, stared right into his black eyes, as if searching for truth to his words. Elrond met his glance with peace, and stood there as the younger elf valued his honesty.

“Thranduil will be delighted to see you, it has been ages.” After another long stretch of silence, Elrond coaxed. Legolas’ body stiffen, and Elrond knew this words did the magic.

Then, very slowly, and very hesitantly, Legolas nodded in agreement.
Chapter end notes: Reviews will be holy, reviews mean the whole world to me QAQ