Never Be the Same Again by Azzy

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: I wrote this fic for Milly - i never tried to make fluffy stuff before.i tried - mind you! i love you woman. this is my gift for you!. cherish it for you'll never see me write fluff again! :P
"I thought that we would just be friends.
Things will never be the same again.
It's just the beginning it's not the end.
Things will never be the same again.
It's not a secret anymore.
Now we've opened up the door.
Starting tonight and from now on.
We'll never, never be the same again."

Today is different, by every means. The sky is more blue, and the air is sweeter. Every time try to think, my mind keeps wandering off to you. If I were to smell my clothes they would still bear your sweet sent on them. The sent that is you, and only you. My heart beat as if it wanted to break free and leave my chest.

I never in my wildest fantasy believe or even dared to hope that, I should ever see you like that. Your body on fire, and my name spilling from your soft lips. Slightly bruised from their meeting with mine.

This sweet vision is fresh in my mind. And my mouth wont stop its wide smile. I feel my eyes tinkle. And know I shine from within. All this is your doing.

We have known eachother since we were mere elflings. I still remember the first time i came here, I was scared, I was alone. You quickly changed that, you seemed to enjoy and seek my company.

You on the other hand were a enigma to me. You found me witty and clever, noone had said such words to me before. And then again last night, when you spoke of love, you once again managed to strike me with amazement.

You used to comfort me when I felt alone, to embrace me tightly not letting go until you had crushed the air out of me. Later when we got older, you excorted me when I had to return to my home, ready to defend me with your sword, bow and your life. And I in return would do the same for you.

We were friends for as long as I remember. I still recall the tears you cried when your brother took a lover, thinking that this would leave you all alone. You were never alone – you had me.

And I gladly held you through the night. I would hold you until the end of this world.

I love the way you whisper secrets in my ear, in total confidence, then there is only you and me. The soft brush of your lips against my ear. Always made a wonderful tinkling sensation. And your husky voice as you told me sweet secrets. Always made me smile. And your boyish grin when you nudged me in the side afterwards, to then grab my hand and drag off with me. This was when you were all mine. Not Elrohir’s – only mine.

When it changed I do not really know. I watched you grow into adult hood. Earning your warrior braids, and your beautiful crafted twin swords, engraved with your name. And with that you were nolonger the elfling I knew, you were a warrior. The object of many a elf’s fantasies, I am sure...

But I *did* notice the warmth in your eyes change into something different, something I thought dark and forbidden then. But I ignored it, and on the same time I warmed myself at their flame. They scared me, and yet felt like home.

And when you finally kissed me, I was taken aback. Thinking you had mistaken me for someone else. But your slightly trembling hand that gently brushed the stray hair from my face, told me different. You looked at me with your large grey orbs, I could swim in these murky waters for all eternity.. “you are so beautiful” you whispered, and leaned in to taste me once again. And this time I complied, let myself be lost in the taste and the feeling of you. Of all the elf in middle earth. I still have a hard time understanding why you would choose me. But you did, and I can never return the gift – the gift of hope and completion, I can only offer you my love.

I will love you for all times, I will be your beacon, your anchor and your light in the darkness. This I promise. I would have been so the day before yesterday too. But this beautiful morn. The words seem to carry greater weight.

When I reached the east gardens, I sat down on the grass and watched you. You were sparring swords with your brother. and I watched, seeing just how alike, but yet so different you were. You seem to shine with golden light, and your body seems to try and please my eyes.

Then you saw me and you waved “Legolas!”– by the Valar! Even when you only call my name, it seems as if all of Middle earth sings it with you.

Your brother walked away with a smile, and you came towards me, and sat down. Then you kissed my lips softly, and I purred against yours.

you are mine, only mine. Only this time I do not have to pretend I do not see the twinkle in your eyes. The promise of wonderful things to come. You grinned at me in your special way, which never failed to make me laugh with you. You nudged me in the side, to quickly stand up, and grab my hand. To drag off with me.

And as a thousand times before I follow. Yet this time it is different. Today everything is different. Today my heart sings along with yours, and I will never be the same again.
Chapter end notes: u-... chyn ... U-danno i failad a thi; an uben tannatha le failad.