The Ugly Elfling by Milly

A knock on the door interrupted them. "Elan?"

"Mae, come in." A light-haired elf came in and Elrohir remembered seeing him the day before. "Good morning."

"Good morning to the two of you as well. Your father wishes to know if you two are going to have breakfast in your rooms or with the family." Elladan looked at his brother. "Would you like to stay here?"

"It is impolite to do so."

"Since when does he care about being polite? Whoever took care of you did great work, pennêth."

"I am not sure about that Glorfindel."

"At least we have him back and he is alive. His cheeky behaviour will be back sooner than we miss it, I suppose. You do not have to attend breakfast, Elir. We would like to see you, but it is not necessary, we do not wish to force you to do anything."

"Hannad, Glorfindel. We will think about it and appear downstairs during the next hour if we decided to come." Glorfindel nodded. "Alright, Elan, as you wish." He smiled at the older twin, then winked at the younger one. "I'm happy that you are back Elir and so are all of us, give yourself as much time as you need and send Elan away if you feel like it. He will live." With that he bowed and left the room.

"Would you like to go outside already? You do not have to, believe me, none of them would mind." Elrohir kept silent for a few minutes. Then he smiled. "I think I would like to go downstairs. And..." He grinned wickedly. "I would like to wear the same clothes as you." Elladan pulled his twin into a close hug. Then he went to the cupboard and fetched some clothes. "Would you prefer to be alone while you change your clothes?"

"Is there any part of my body you have not seen yet?" Elladan grinned. "No there is not."

"Oh well, turn around though."

"I presume Glorfindel is right about your behaviour..."

"Don't then." He undressed and took the clothes, then dressed again. "Look into the mirror."

Elrohir wasn't sure whether he wished to do so but decided that he didn't like to risk Elladan getting mad with him now that he was just getting used to the thought of staying in Rivendell. He glanced into the mirror and what he saw was Elladan. Not exactly him but very similar to the elf who had been braiding his hair a few minutes ago. He smiled gently when he looked back at the other. "This is wonderful."

"Indeed it is. Everything about having you back is such to me." He felt Elladan hugging him once more. "Im mela lle."

"Thanks... um... what does that mean?" The older Elf started to chuckle. "It means that I'm stupid enough to tell you that I love you even though you cannot remember being with me."

"I... I think I might have feelings for you as well."

"That's well enough for now. I will see how to make you remember another time, we should be going soon if you really wish to join them for breakfast." Elrohir thought about it for a moment and nodded. "Yes, I wish to join them." Elladan chuckled and then bend himself so he could whisper to the elf sitting in front of him. Elrohir raised his eyebrows when he was done. "Don't you think they would mind?"

"It would relief our parents for they would believe that we are well again."

"Are you sure?"

"Mae, I am."
Chapter end notes: Mae = yes
Pen-nêth = young one
Hannad = thanks
Im mela lle = I love you