The Ugly Elfling by Milly

They stopped when they saw two other elves riding towards them. "Elan." The ravenhaired one smiled happily. "Suilad Ada, Glorfindel." Elladan nodded towards the other elves and his affection for both them was shown. Elrond started to speak elvish till he saw the strange faces. "Forgive me. I did not know that my son brought visitors with him. You seem to need my help, please allow me to tend to your injuries." He guided them towards his city and there eyed his visitors more closely.

Suddenly he froze. There was silence for several moments. Then only one word escaped the lips of Rivendell's master. "Finally!" Without any thought of his position and the visitors he dismounted and ran towards his sons. Elladan smiled fondly, knowing exactly what his father wished the most now. "Elrohir." He carefully placed his brother into the arms of their father. "My sweet little son." Cradeling the younger elf as if he was still a baby he covered his face with kisses. "I am most grateful to see you. As is your brother I suppose."

Still holding his son he turned towards his advisiors. "Please send for my wife." Glorfindel and Erestor grinned as they had already done so earlier and at the very moment Celebrķan was already running towards them. "Elrohir." Tears of happiness were running down her cheeks. "My beloved son. I am happy to have you back, yondo-nīn..." Elladan was the first to realize that his brother was feeling uncomfortable with all this unwanted attention. He dismounted quickly and walked towards his mother to greet her. "Suilad Nana." Kissing her cheeks he told her that they had to be patient with his brother and she nodded.

She just kissed her younger son's cheeks gently and spoke a few friendly words to express her joy to see him. Then she took her husband's arm and signaled him to let their son go. He did so and Elladan took his hand. Smiling towards his parents and friends he asked them to excuse his brother and himself and took him towards their rooms. "I can leave you alone if you wish. Or we can talk, if you would like to."

"I..."

"I should not have taken you home so quickly. But our parents were terribly scared that something awful had happened to you. I am sorry, you're not used to their attention anymore and I should have known that you would not feel well about it."

"I... I don't mind. Please.. I don't know how to thank..."

"Hush..." A finger was placed on his lips. "It is I who has to be thankful. Having you back with me is the best present I could ever get. Um... would you mind if we took a bath before thinking about whether you would like to stay in another room or stay here?" Elrohir nodded. "Elir, I wish for you to be honest if you talk to me. I hope that I am able to get back the cheeky sweet elf we lost sooner or later. But you shouldn't force yourself to please us. You had a hard time, you should tell me what you really wish. Would you prefer to be alone?"

"N-No... I would wish for you to stay with me if you don't mind."

"Nothing could give me a greater pleasure, brother-dearest."
Chapter end notes: Suilad = Hello
Ada = Daddy
Nana = Mother
yondo-nin = my son