The Ugly Elfling by Milly

Then one of the other Elves spoke again and their leader nodded. "And again I must be thankful that my father allowed me to take some of his best soldiers with me. He is right, we should ride home and greet my father. He will be worried about Mirion. But I am sure that his happiness to see you will be beyond all measure." With those words the leader walked towards his horse again, drawing the young one with him.

He then reached out and petted the horse's back whispering towards it. "You are speaking to your horses?"

"Of course I am. Horses deserve our respect. As do all living beings. Apart from orcs and dwarves maybe." He chuckled, then eyed the prince of Rivendell again. "You're trying to get away from me. Why is that? You used to come and creep inside my bed as soon as you were able to move on your own." The elves begann to chuckle.

"I did what?!"

"Oh you can believe his words. He should know, being the person that knows you better than your parents."

"My parents do... not wish to know me."

"I would not agree to that for I have seen them wiping after you dissappeared. They have been searching you for more than 500 years, Pen-nêth."

"Men do not live... oh..." He blushed. "Mae. But you are an elf, Elrohir, not some stupid man." He turned around, facing the two men. "I am sorry, forgive me mortal ones, I did not remember that you were around."

He climbed upon his horse and pulled Elrohir with him. "You... you cannot ride with me. I am..."

"You're one of the best riders of Rivendell. Do not think that you can fool me into believing that you are not able to ride."

"He can fool people pretty well though."

"It would be a shame if he was not able to fool a couple of men. Being at least five times older than you are he should know how to make you think that he's some stupid little kid."

"I suppose that is why he did not tell us how old he is."

"No, I really do not know."

"Oh well don't worry about that for I remember it. You're 863 and in nearly two months there will be the feast to celebrate begetting day."

"To celebrate what?"

"Elves are strange..." Anborn received a glare from the elven-leader. "You will learn about all this again my sweet." he promised, kissing the raven coloured hair of the prince in his lap. "Did... were we..." Elrohir blushed. "Elrohir?"

"He wants to know if he is your lover." The elf chuckled. "Isn't that a rather indiscreet question?" Then he turned his mouth towards Elrohir's ear. "Don't worry. I just enjoy teasing them. I love you and back then you loved me too. But that doesn't mean anything if you wish to be alone. If you really want me to I would even allow you to leave my arms and ride another horse. Though I would pity not holding you." Elrohir shook his head, agreeing to stay in the warm comforting arms. "It will only take one more hour till we reach our home. Belive me, Adar will be really happy to see you again."

"Adar?"

"Father."

"You mean..."

"Did he figure it already, Elan?"

"Mae he beginns to understand."

"You are...."

Your brother, mae, my name is Elladan Elrondion, it is a pleasure to have you back my little twin."

"It's sad that you're not thinking as fast as you used to anymore pennêth."

"Oh, and this one is our annoying teacher and mentor Erestor. His favourite hobbies are appearing at moments you do not wish to see anyone and telling you his honest opinion whilst all you'd wish to hear is a lie. Apart from conspiring with Glorfindel." He smiled warmly, then pointed at his other groupmembers and presented them to his brother.

When he had ended he whistled something. "The elves of Rivendell are now warned that I am back to tortue them." The Elf whom he had presented as Erestor begann to chuckle. "Being tortued by you is a pleasure to most of us little one."

"Do not call me that. If Adar ever decides to leave his position to me I'll have a higher rank than you have."

"Oh but you have already. Being the crownprince of Rivendell gives you the power to command us poor old lords."

"What a shame that you do not care though." They begann to laugh and Elrohir who had grown worried now realized that they were just teasing each other.
Chapter end notes: Mae = Yes
Pen-nêth = young one
Adar = Father