The Ugly Elfling by Milly

Some weeks had passed and the two riders of Rohan had left to find their people. It was a day before the twins' begetting day and everyone but the twins was busy with preparing the celebrations for the next day. The Twins had taken their horses to ride to a river that was only a few minutes away from Rivendell. Their parents had decided that they did not wish for them to go far away on their own till they were 1000 and after being upset about that decision for a while they had learnt to enjoy the freedom they still had. They dismounted and allowed their horses to run around and spent their energy on useless games. Elrohir watched them for a bit and smiled, enjoying to see how happy they were. Then he felt Elladan's arms around him. "Would you care to swim, melme?" Elrohir turned his head so he could face his twin. "If you wish. But I must warn you. I am swimming faster than you do."

"We will see about that, little brother." Elrohir raised an eyebrow and both of them quickly undressed to try to get into the water first.

After swimming for a while they embraced again. "I am certain that they are happy of being rid of us today."

"Why is that?"

"They are preparing our begetting day."

"Mae?" Elladan smiled fondly like everytime if his brother used the elvish language. "Yes. It is tomorrow, did you not remember that?"

"No. How is the begetting day celebrated?"

"We dance and sing usually. And we will get another good bow or dagger for hunting orcs by Ada if we were good and nana will tell us that she did not find any present for us and hand us some wonderful new books. And then Erestor and Glorfindel will appear, scolding us for not being more eager to learn but also having found some nice new scrolls for the two of us to translate or study a text from the first age."

"It is like that every year?"

"Mae. Luckily it seems that they do not remember that. Maybe our memory will get bad when we are as old as they are." Elrohir raised his eyebrows. "You should not speak about them like that."

"Mae, mae I know. Always be kind and gentle and think about the other ones feelings." Elrohir pushed his twin away, shaking his head. "One should believe that I am older than you are."

"One would be wrong believing that though." With that he wrapped his arms around his lover and kissed him gently.

A few hours later the twins returned to Imladris. "Suilad Elan, hello Elir." Erestor smiled. "Did you lose Glorfindel?"

"I am not always around him in case you did not notice that yet. It is not that I am addicted to him like you two are to each other. The twins chuckled coevally when Glorfindel appeared and smiled fondly at his lover. "Suilad Erestor, I have been looking for you." Erestor looked at the twins, to Glorfindel and back to the twins. "Oh yes, my lord, I think we had to go to some papers concerning our meeting with the Mirkwood Elves in a month. Oh, Elladan, Elrohir would you like to join and help us translating some Sindar?"

"No, we will be busy ourselves, sorry." Elladan pulled his brother with him, away from the two advisors that begann to chuckle as soon as the Twins were gone.

The next day Elladan awoke very early. He turned to his brother and kissed his forehead. "Elir?" His twin mumbled something and turned around. "Hannad, happy begetting day to you as well." Elladan was about to lose hope when Elrohir turned around again, opening his eyes slowly. "Happy begetting day, Elan." He kissed his brother's forehead and then started to trail kisses from his brother's forehead to his shoulders. Elladan smiled. "So you are awake now?"

"Do you suppose me to sleep while you are trying to kill the walls by looking at them?" When Elladan tried to protest Elrohir silenced him by capturing the again familiar feeling lips.

It was later in the day when their parents came to give them their presents and good wishes and Elrohir remembered Elladan's words while looking at his presents and smiling at his parents thankfully. "We will meet you again in two hours. I hope you will be dressed properly then." The twins nodded. Some minutes later when they had just finished washing each other and put on some fresh clothes they heard a knock and after allowing them to come in, Glorfindel and Erestor appeared. Once again Elladan's words were proved true and Elrohir winked at his brother, admitting that he had been right. The advisors left them after a few minutes as they still had to change their clothes as well. When they were gone Elrohir turned towards his twin. "I do not have a present for you."

"Not? That is sad indeed." Elladan chuckled. "You do not have to trouble yourself though. We promised to belong to each other forever 750 years ago. There could not be a greater present to me than having your love and your heart so it is needless to try."

"Than you shall have my heart and my love forever on." Elrohir smiled and wrapped his arms closely around his twin. "As I hope that I might own the same precious gift then."

"You would even own mine if I had not yours."

"That would be sad. How should you be able to live without your heart?"

"That is why I am most grateful that I own your heart as well."

Later both twins joined the feast to celebrate their 864. begetting day. They smiled seeing how much time the others had taken to prepare the celebrations. Both were asked to dance after a few minutes and they looked at each other sadly, agreeing to take other patners for the first dances. Later when most of the Elves had already excused themselves and the closer friends and family started to sing the twins started to dance with each other. Elrohir was most fascinated about the pretty grey eyes that mirrored the his image as if to remind him how similar he was to his brother. When everyone but their parents, Glorfindel and Erestor was gone Elladan pulled his twin closer and kissed him. The blonde Lord turned to his lover and his friends. "Am I right if I fear that telling them it is not right to bed your own kin is too late already?" The others chuckled. The twins turned towards them for a moment, then faced each other again. "Im mela lle, Elladan." Elladan smiled and carressed his twins cheeks gently. "And I love you too, Elrohir."
Chapter end notes: Melme = love
Mae = Yes [Mae, even in the last chapter it still means the same ;) ]
Ada = daddy
Nana = mother
Suilad = hello
Im mela lle = I love you