The Ugly Elfling by Milly

It was about two hours later when Elladan entered his room again. His mother had left again already, but he found his twin lying on the bed and not turning towards him when he entered the room. "Elrohir?" The younger one shook his head. "Elir, I am sorry." He knelt down next to the bed. "You were right. I often speak without thinking." He felt a hand, carressing his shoulder gently. "As do I. It is as hard for you as it is for me to know that I am back at home. I should not have acted towards you like that." Elladan was shocked about hearing the sadness in his brothers voice. "Do not be sorry, Gwauning-nîn. What you told me was the truth." He carressed his brother's hair like he had done the day before.

"You are not angry with me?"

"Why should I be angry?"

"I would have hated to have you as my enemy."

"Elrohir? What exactly did they do to you?"

"Nothing. I am not worth being here."

"Did Nana really talk to you?"

"Nana?"

"Our mother... Celebrían."

"I pleaded her to leave me alone and she left, not wishing to disturb me further."

"So you have been lying here for hours, imagining the worst things that could happen to you?"

"Yes." Elladan shook his head and smiled at his brother. Then he lay down and wrapped his arms around him. Lulling his twin into sleep like he had done so many times before he grew tired as well.

The next morning the brothers awoke, still holding each other. "Well that is a pleasant suprise." Elladan winked at his twin and raised an eyebrow. "Did we..."

"No, Elrohir, please do not ask. We are fully dressed, you are not stupid."

"I am."

"You are not."

"And that is for you decide? "Mae it is. I do not wish to be stupid."

"We are talking about me though."

"If you are stupid I am stupid as well, you are my other half." Elrohir looked at him, suprised and Elladan quickly covered his mouth. "I am what?"

"That is what they said about us when we were pen-nêths"

"Pen..."

"Forgive me, young ones. We did not wish to be seperated at any time. So they asked us where our other half is whenever we were not together."

"It must have been hard for you...."

Elrohir hesitated a little, then gently kissed his brother's forehead. "Better do not do that. You do not know what you are doing to me." Elladan turned his head and got up. "Why do you mind? I thought you said we were..."

"That is why you should not do this. I was a fool to cuddle with you. I just thought it was like when we were young, but it is not. I have missed you for so many years, Elrohir. Even an innocent kiss like that is enough to drive me insane." Elrohir got up and rested his hands on his brother's shoulders, turning him so they faced each other. Then he looked into his brother's eyes and softly kissed his lips.
Chapter end notes: Gwauning-nîn = twin of mine
Nana = mother
Mae = yes
Pen-nêth = young one