The Ugly Elfling by Milly

Elrohir was wandering through the house of his father as if it was the first time for he still didn't remember living here. He went exactly the way Elladan told him to go and sneeked into another room. "Im mela lle." Elrohir cursed himself and blushed when he noticed the two elves, kissing each other and being rather busy. Elladan had asked him to get some maps from the libary so they could plan a trip while he tried to convince their parents to let them go after their begetting day. And now that he had reached the libary.. he sighed and had the other elves attention within the very moment. They tore apart and looked at him, the raven-haired blushing even more than he had done earlier. While the goldenhaired Elf turned towards him the other one ran from the room.

"Did I not teach you that you have to knock before you enter a room, Elan?..." He looked at the young elf more closly. "Elir. I am sorry, I did not mean to scare you. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Elladan asked me to look for a map of the woods of the North." The Eldar nodded and smiled, then turned around for several moments. When he turned back to face Elrohir he held two maps in his hands. Before handing them to the young one he hesitated. "I am sorry that we did not take care not to frighten you. We did not intend to meet here."

"I do not mind..."

"It was impolite though and I apologize. It is our task to educate you and your brother, not to spoil you." He gave the maps to the younger one. "Please take good care of them and bring them back when you are done." Elrohir nodded. "Thank you." The golden haired nodded. "And now I must ask you to excuse me as I have to go and calm someone who is very dear to me." Elrohir blushed even more at the thought and the older one chuckled, leaving the confused Elf to search for his lover.

Elrohir left the libary as well, a little confused about what he had seen and followed the way Elladan had described to him. He knocked before entering the room this time. "Come in please." He opened the door slowly and saw his parents and his brother turn towards him. "Good morning yondo-nin."

"You're pale. What happened?" Elladan faced him, slightly worried. "It is nothing." Celebrían smiled at her younger son. "Please take a seat, would you like some water?"

"Thank you, that is not necessary." Elrond and his wife exchanged a concerned look. While she got up to fetch him something to drink he turned towards his sons again. "Elan says you two wish to camp in the forrest after your begetting day. Do you really wish that or did he talk you into it?" Elladan folded his arms, looking at his father with slight reproach. "I would love to go to the forrest. I always loved it." Elrond smiled. "Well then we are going to consider your wishes. But if we will allow it you will have to be more careful than the last time. I do not wish to lose one of you again." Celebrían, returning with the water for her younger son, nodded. "I do not think that we would be able to bear that again."

"We will be more careful." Elladan promised. His parents smiled, slightly amused about his eagerness. "We did not say yes yet, my son."

After their parents had left the room Elladan turned towards his twin again. "Did you meet a ghost? You are really pale, brother."

"I... no... I forgot my manners and went into a room without knocking, it was my own mistake."

"You met them conspiring, hm?" Elrohir coughed. "That depends on whom you are talking about and what you mean by 'conspiring'." The older twin chuckled. "Glory and Estor."

"Um, I presume so, yes, the darked haired one that was riding with you yesterday and the elf that came to call us for breakfast." Elladan nodded. "Exactly, that is them. Did they make out in the libary?" The younger brother blushed again. "Um... yes, that is how you could call it."

"That is why you should always knock before entering a room, sorry I did not warn you about them. I must ask you to follow me now though. And do not trouble you mind about Estor and Glory." He smiled and Elrohir followed him to attend breakfast.
Chapter end notes: Im mela lle = I love you
yondo-nin = my son