Labor of Love by Orchyd Constyne

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Beta: Silvara, the most wonderful beta in existence...
"Here comes another one, Mel. Get ready to push."

"You think I don't know that there's another one?! And I told you, don't call me Mel! I have a name, and I know for a fact it isn't 'Mel'."

"My, aren't we touchy this afternoon?"

"You should be in my position, Erestor. It's exhausting."

"You are being dramatic; it isn't that bad. Glorfindel's been in the position you're in before, and he didn't complain."

"I'm not Glorfindel!"

"Just push, Melpomaen. Let's get this over with."

"I've been doing this all day... I'm tired."

"And if you continue to moan and groan about it, we will never be done."

"This is your fault."

"You didn't have to go along with it."

"I didn't know this is what would happen!"

"How could you not?!"

"Erestor, this is not natural!"

"Of course it's natural. You've been pushing all afternoon. Naturally, you're tired."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"Phhbt."

"That was not very Elf-like."

"Neither is being all sweaty and smelly! Councilor, I am sweaty!"

"It's what happens, meleth."

"It wouldn't have happened if you had made sure there was some sort of protection!"

"I don't remember being the only participant in this, Melpomaen. I think you were quite willing at the time."

"That was before I had to do this!"

"This has been a year in the making, A'maelamin. And I happen to know you weren't complaining then."

"That was then, Erestor. How was I to know how difficult this would be? At least you got to see Glorfindel do this last year! I'm working in the dark here!"

"Just push."

"You tell me to push once more and I am going to push you."

"Touchy. Melpomaen! Blood!"

"What did you think would happen, Erestor? Actually, tell me again why I am the one pushing and not you?"

"We agreed. I'm catching. I am more comfortable with catching."

"And I am oh so comfortable in the pushing?!"

"You seem to be very good at it. Mel, your robes!"

"Argh! Now I will have to get a new set of robes. I told you to be careful! Now I'm sticky in addition to sweaty, smelly, and bloody! Thank you so much for this wonderful experience, Erestor. I'm going to get even with you, meleth -- you deserve to know how it feels to spend eight hours pushing and getting nothing out of it."

"How can you say that? Look at those new arrivals laying over there. Surely, you have to have a good feeling about that."

"I suppose. Too bad Glorfindel's going to be the one to take care of most of them."

"He always had a soft spot. They'll be in good hands. Okay, break's over; here comes the next one."

"Elbereth! How many more?"

"This looks like the last one. Just give a good push and it'll all be over."

"Unnnnnnngh! Ahhh! That's it. That's the last one."

"Now, all we have to do is get these wine bottles into Elrond's cellar, get your bleeding blisters bandaged up and we'll be done."

"No, we'll be done when I beat you to a pulp for making me shove corks in bottles for eight hours."

"Okay, I'll make you a deal. Next time we get caught, I'll push the corks in."

"There won't be a next time, Erestor, because you're going to remember to lock the door to the library next time you decide to 'test my flexibility!'"