The End of An Era by Nakuru Akitzuki

Remus shook Legolas awake. "We're here." He said. Legolas stretched and got out of the carriage. He came to Lord Elrond and his children and bowed. "Hello Lord Elrond. Thank you for letting me stay here."

"It is no trouble at all. These are my children, Elladan and Elrohir. My foster son Estel, and you already know my daughter Arwen." Legolas looked at her and gave an imperceptible smile.

"Hello, Arwen. I haven't seen you in ages. How have you been?"

"Wonderfully bored! I can't do anything. So how are you?"

"I am...Well. I must say I am as bored as you are, for nothing interests me anymore," Legolas said. "

Arwen smiled."I would show you around so that you can reacquaint yourself with things but I must go to Lothlorien."

"Farewell, Arwen Evenstar." Legolas said as she departed. "So, You will have the same room as when last you were here. Estel can show you the way. Dinner will be soon."

Legolas nodded. Estel and him set off. "Thank you for showing the me the way, Estel, but I am in no need of a guide through the Last Homely House. I was here many many times before you were born."

Estel shrugged. "Fine then."

Legolas opened the door and a bucket of water fell on his head. He was thoroughly drenched. He blinked and took the bucket off his head. He sat it on the floor and then changed clothes. He walked down the corridors and went to the dining hall when he was summoned. He sat down next to Elladan and Lord Elrond. "Tell me, Lord Elrond. Are your twin sons pranksters?" He asked. He saw Elladan pale and Elrohir's eyes widen slightly. They whispered to each other after Legolas gave them a knowing smirk.

"He KNOWS!" Elladan hissed. "I KNOW that! But..what is he going to do?" Elrohir replied. They missed Lord Elrond's reply. As he got up to leave, Legolas bent down near the twin's ears. "Of course you know, this means WAR." They paled as Legolas sauntered away.

"Boys. Behave yourselves." Elrond said. "But ADA! It's a WAR!" Elladan whined. Estel snorted.

"Yes, War that will disrupt all of Imladris." Elrond said Dryly.




The next morning, two screams could be heard. They both shouted the same thing. "LEGOLAS GREENLEAF!" In the Dining Hall, Legolas chuckled as he drank his tea. Elladan and Elrohir stormed in. Elladan had red hair and Elrohir had blue.

"Why, What happened to you two?" Legolas said. Estel was roaring with laughter and Elrond had to suppress chuckles. They sat down and began to drink their tea. Their identical faces scrunched up. Elrond's eyes widened and his attempt at smothering laughter failed. Their whole mouths were stained black. Legolas smirked. "Score, Lord Elrond?"

"Twins: 1. Legolas: 2." That sent Estel in another fit of laughter and made Elladan and Elrohir glare harder.

"Now, now boys. Be nice!"

"Oh, We are being nice, Lord Elrond. I have not yet begun to fight." Legolas said. He excused himself. As did the twins.

"Legolas Greenleaf. A word if you don't mind!" Elladan shouted.

"But I DO mind, and now I must get going so.."

Elrohir grabbed Legolas' wrist. "What's with the pranks? I heard that you were........"

"Cold? Stuck up? Emotionless? Yes, Yes, I know I am. But being back in Rivendell is just so...." Legolas sighed. "I can't explain it, but....I fell like I can forget my problems here. Hence, the return to pranks."

"You don't have to be so....GOOD at it though! We're supposed to be the best pranksters in Rivendell!"

Legolas smirked at the twins. "Then you'll have to fight me for it, Dearies." He said sarcastically.

They smiled. "A formal declaration of Prank war?" "We can't turn that down."

"None of Rivendell shall be safe." Glorfindel muttered as he passed by on his way to Lord Elrond's Study.