The End of An Era by Nakuru Akitzuki

"It'd be easier to melt the ice around the heart of Legolas of Mirkwood."

A phrase commonly used to describe a task that seems impossible. Prince Legolas of Mirkwood was the youngest son of King Thranduil and renown all over Middle Earth for his cold heart, shrewd behavior, and blase attitude. Though he was fair to all the people of his land, many overlooked that fact. He was very handsome, even by Elven standards, and was the object of many suitors. All of whom he rejected. Let us now enter the realm of Mirkwood, and listen to what is happening.

"Father? What? Why? I don't understand." Legolas said. Thranduil sighed. "I am sending you to Imladris. I hope the happy atmosphere there will bring some sense to you. Or one of Elrond's sons will knock some into you! You can't just mope around here all day for the rest of you immortal life!"

Legolas looked down at the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but what happened to the little Legolas who was so hyper and played pranks on everyone? You Brother's agree, and so does Melefina, though she doesn't understand." "Fine then. Have someone pack my things while I go say good-bye to Mel." Legolas said as he stood and left.

"Brother? Why are you leaving me?" Melefina cried. "Oh come on Mel. Don't cry. I'll only be in Rivendell two years." Melefina, or Mel, was Legolas' little sister. "But I don't want you to go! No-one will be around to play with me!" Little Melefina Greenleaf was the only thing that got through the barriers Legolas had erected. "Mel, Please don't be sad. I'll be back before you know it. And then, I'll teach you how to pick the locks in the kitchen." Melefina smiled and nodded.

She pushed him out the door. "The sooner you leave, the sooner you come back!" She cried happily to him. Legolas gave her a very rare smile and went to the stable where everything was ready. "My son, Remus will accompany you to Rivendell. Lord Elrond will be expecting you. Legolas nodded. "Good-bye Father." He said before sitting down in the carriage that was there.




Elladan, Elrohir, Estel, and Arwen all looked at their father in surprise. "Legolas Greenleaf. Coming Here? How..." "Absurd!" Elladan hollered in, finishing Estel's sentence.

"I think it will be wonderful! I haven't seen Legolas since before his mother died." Arwen murmured softly.

"He has changed much, my daughter. You have heard that he has not been the same. Do not expect him to be the same Legolas you terrorized innocent elves with." Elrond said.

"I understand, Ada," she said.

Elladan and Elrohir looked at her in surprise. "You know Legolas, Sister?" The twins asked. "I did." "What was he like?" Estel asked his foster-sister. "He was very cute, though I guess he has matured a bit by now. He was very fun loving and we played pranks on every elf in both houses. Though...now I feel as if He was hurt deeply by his mother's death and has refused to come out of his shell."

"A prankster, eh?" Elrohir said happily. He caught his twin's eyes and the grinned maniacally.




Legolas sighed as he looked out at the scenery boredly. "Sigh. What a boring place." He turned to Remus. "Wake me when we get there." He said before falling asleep. Remus sighed. "The contempt in his eyes. This can't be good for an Elf." He muttered. A while later they arrived at The Last Homely House.