The Only One by Legolas Sweetie

"Legolas?" Elrond wondered if the Elven Prince was going to wake up or whether the groan because of the fit. Another groan was his answer.

Glorfindel joined the Half-Elf at Legolas' side. "Legolas."

Legolas' eyes snapped open and when he saw the two Elven Lords, he tried to sit up. "No, Legolas, you are ill," Glorfindel tried to calm the Elven Prince, his nephew. He laid a restraining hand on Legolas' shoulder, ensuring that the three thousand and sixty year old Prince did not rise.

"Ar Elrond, nana-gwador Glorfindel, what happened?" asked Legolas tiredly. [Lord Elrond, literally mother-brother, used for uncle]. Legolas' mind refused to process what had happened to him and he was very confused; he could remember riding to Rivendell, and then blankness clouded his mind.

"Well, Sauron grew ruthui and alas! you collapsed at the force!" Elrond tired to explain what had happened without making the Mirkwood Elf frustrated and worried. [Angry]

"Ai! Where is Aragorn?" That explained the blankness that had cloaked his mind. Legolas was hopeful that the Man had not been told, he would not be able to stand it if he would not be the one that told the Man the last secret about him.

"He is enjoying his dinner. Do not worry, he does not know of your connection to Sauron." Glorfindel tried to comfort the younger Elf.

"That is good, for I wanted to tell him myself." Legolas was relieved that Aragorn had yet to be told.

"Rest Legolas, you are not yet at your full strength, and you will need it. There is to be a council in four days concerning the One Ring, for it has been found." Elrond laid a soothing hand on the young prince's brow. "Before the Council you should speak to Aragorn about your connection to the Dark Lord."

Glorfindel gently helped the younger Elf up. "I will return to you later in the evening with a meal. And I daresay that Mithrandir will come up to scold you for coming." Legolas laughed quietly. He knew Gandalf would be up to scold him.

"Should Estel have any questions concerning Sauron and your connection to him, that you cannot answer, I along with Glorfindel and Mithrandir will try our best to answer them." Elrond smiled too as he and Glorfindel left the Prince to rest.




A day had passed since Legolas had awoken. He was lying in bed, propped up by a huge pile of pillows, when Gandalf visited. "Ahh, such is the cost for not staying at home." Gandalf took a seat by the bed with a mock-scowl.

Legolas smiled and took no notice of the Wizard's scolding. "Greetings, Mithrandir."

Gandalf's eye had mischievous twinkle. "And what possessed you to come visit Lord Elrond?"

"Hmm, it starts with A, it has far too many names, it needs to take a bath every now and again, it's a Man." Legolas knew the Istar well and knew that Gandalf would indeed know what – or whom he was talking about.

"Somehow, I don't think Aragorn would like you to risk your life for a simple visit!" Gandalf indeed knew that the thing (or rather Man) that had drawn Legolas away from Mirkwood was Aragorn.

"Well, I got tired of waiting for him to visit me in Mirkwood, it's his fault!" Legolas smirked, realizing that he had one valuable argument.

"It's his fault for having responsibilities?" Gandalf discovered a way to win that argument, and wondered what Legolas' next retort would be.

"Well, no, but he could have visited me, even for a day!"

"My dear mellon; he has grown old with toils, perhaps he has replaced you with the Lady Arwen?" A sly note entered the Wizard's voice. [friend]

"Nay! He loves me with his whole body!" Legolas grew panicky at the mere mention that Aragorn would stop loving him.

"You cannot tell when I am teasing?" Gandalf soothed the Elf with his words, though they were teasing.

"Well, you are a Wizard! I seem to remember you saying 'A Wizard is never late, nor is he early' when you arrived a month late for my birthday feast!"

"A Wizard is never late, son of Thranduil!" teased the Istar.




Having rested for two more days, Legolas had enough strength to get up on the evening of his third day in Rivendell. He was invited to a feast to celebrate Frodo's awakening. But he refused, needing desperately to talk to Aragorn.

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope I'll be your love
Be your everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do
I will be strong I will be faithful
'Cause I'm counting on


Aragorn?" Legolas was hesitant, as he silently approached his lover. Aragorn was sitting, thoughtful, near where a waterfall fell into the lake.

The lake reflected the lights of Rivendell, sparkling like a million diamonds. The waterfall flowed over the cliffs like liquid silver.

"Legolas?!" Aragorn was excited at seeing his beautiful lover again; afraid to believe his eyes. "'Tis I." Legolas walked closer to the Ranger.

"I missed you so much! I wanted to visit, but I couldn't!" Aragorn exclaimed, jumping to his feet and crushing Legolas in an embrace. "I'm so sorry!"

"You are forgiven, but I need to talk to you." Legolas sat down and patted the ground. "I think you should sit down."

Aragorn sat down nervously. Was this the part where Legolas broke off their relationship?

"I am not about to break off our relationship," Legolas said gently smiling at the Ranger's apprehension.

"Thank the Valar!" exclaimed a relieved Aragorn.

"I was not born on the ninth of Solomath, like I told you, I was born on the fifteenth of Afteryule, in the year 3441, when Sauron fell from power," said Legolas, unable to look Aragorn in the face "And in my birth and his destruction, we became connected. I sense him, I see him where others can not, I feel his feelings, I hear his thoughts, I hear his words. I alone of the Eldar can resist the Ring, I suffer fits caused by his anger. My powers are bound and will not be unbound until he falls. Before I left Mirkwood, my father gave me the Knife of Celebgil, my greatest ancestor; the Knife can slay the Ringwraiths and wound Sauron. Don't talk to anyone about this, save Galadriel, Celeborn, Elrond, Glorfindel, Gandalf, and Celebían, unless in dire need, for this secret is very great." His voice grew quieter, less sure. "Please tell me that you still love me."

A new beginning
A reason for living
A deeper meaning


"Oh, Legolas, what would make you think I wouldn't love you for telling me the truth?" Aragorn grasped Legolas' chin to look into his eyes.

"That I have kept this from you for all the time that I have known you," said Legolas quietly, though his guilt shone through in his words.

"I love you, Legolas, even more so for telling me this great secret."

"I love you, too, Aragorn."

Aragorn lowered his head down and captured Legolas' mouth in a kiss.

I want to stand on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me
Chapter end notes: Aww! What a happy ending to a chapter! Clap if you love Legolas and Aragorn.

Once again, thanks to everyone that reviewed me!

Don't flame if you want Legolas and Aragorn to die a very slow and very painful death.

Thanks to PepperVL for betaing.

If you've seen this chapter before (like I've already added it) that's because I did, but when I checked for reviews, it was only chapter four.

Review if you want me to continue!