The Only One by Legolas Sweetie

When Legolas fell from his mount Lhachvagor was beside the Prince in a second, as if he had been there all along. "My Lord!" The Elven Guard got no answer, of course, yet he refused to give up. "My lord, are you well? Can you open your eyes?" Luinlor, the most skilled healer of the guard, joined Lhachvagor on the ground. "Lhachvagor, We must get Lord Elrond!" Luinlor knew that what the Prince was going through was beyond his skill and that only the Lord of Rivendell could help Mirkwood's Prince.

Lhachvagor nodded in agreement and ordered a group of three Elves to come with him to find aid for the fallen Elf. "Prince Legolas! If you can hear me, open your eyes," Luinlor was desperate.




Aragorn sat opposite Glorfindel, worry for the Ringbearer evident on his face. "Relax, Estel, Mr Baggins will be fine," Glorfindel offered his advice. "The healing powers of Elrond are a legend."

Aragorn sighed and nodded in agreement. "I know Lord Elrond is master at healing, but Glorfindel, I can't help but worry."

Glorfindel decided that the Ranger needed to take his mind off things. "Lord Elrond received a message from King Thranduil, saying Legolas is travelling to visit him. You know, that Legolas won't like to see you like this." Glorfindel knew that talking about Legolas was the only way that Aragorn would loose some of his worries.

"I know, I know. I'll try to lighten up." Aragorn laughed. "The Lady Arwen was asking about you, the other day," Glorfindel decided it was time to change tactics.

"Dear Valar! Will she ever give it up?!" Aragorn despaired of ever being free of the Elvin Lady's pursuit.

"Nay, not until you are hers." Glorfindel continued in his attempt to loosen up the Ranger.

"Tell. Her. I. Am. Not. Interested!" Aragorn snapped. He was irritated, both at Arwen for pursuing him, and at Glorfindel for broaching the subject.

"I will try," Glorfindel decided enough was enough, back to Legolas. "Have you found a ring for Legolas?" Glorfindel smirked; knowing that Aragorn had longed for the pair's Binding to be completed.

"Yes, it is made with mithril and in the centre, the rare stone, opal," Aragorn took out the mithril ring and showed it to Glorfindel.

"You spoil him," Glorfindel spoke the truth, but a dark look crossed his face. "But I daresay he deserves it."

The dark look didn't get past the Ranger unnoticed. "Why do you say that?"

Glorfindel had to lie to keep Legolas' secret. "Well, he has lived in Mirkwood all his life and defended his home against the armies of Sauron and Sauron himself more than once."

Aragorn nodded in agreement with the Eldar, and that moment Lhachvagor and three other Mirkwood Elves entered the dining chambers. Aragorn at once knew where they were from, their raiment gave them away. He waited for Legolas to come through the door after the Elves, but he didn't.

Lhachvagor strode forward and spoke quietly, in Sindarin to Lord Elrond for a moment. Then Elrond stood, and followed the Elven warrior to where he had come from. "Glorfindel, teli ah nin." Elrond stopped beside the Eldar's chair. [Glorfindel, come with me]

Glorfindel smiled slightly, before he excused himself. "I am sorry, Estel, but I must go." Aragorn nodded, but didn't see what was wrong.




Once outside and out of earshot, the two High Elves turned to the Silvan Elves. "What is wrong?" Elrond was concerned when only four Elves had walked in, and none of them was the Prince of Mirkwood.

"'Tis to do with Prince Legolas. He collapsed and will not stir." Elrond and Glorfindel exchanged a glance and ran to find the Elven Prince, the four warriors trailing after them. When they arrived at the place where Legolas had fallen, they found Luinlor squatting next to Legolas, a flask of water held tightly in his hand.

"Go and have your steeds taken care of, then join the meal. Do not tell anyone what has happened here," ordered Elrond. "All of you, I will take care of the Prince with Glorfindel."

The Elven Guard of Mirkwood nodded, and as the escort of Elves left, Glorfindel and Elrond glanced at each other. Then Glorfindel gently raised the younger Elf from the ground and carried him to the Elven Prince's chambers. "We will not tell Estel, not without Legolas present," Elrond began to unbraid the Elf's hair.

"I understand," Glorfindel unpacked Legolas' pack, holding the Knife Of Celebgil in reverence. The weapons he placed on an oak table, the clothes in the rosewood wardrobe, the herbs, bandages, journal, and money on the desk made of mallorn, and the soap and towel in the adjoining bathroom. "Look at this," Glorfindel held up the ring Legolas had for Aragorn.

"It is beautiful." Elrond hid the ring in one of the desk draws. "The only things I have seen of to match that beauty in a ring, is Estel's for Legolas, and perhaps the One Ring." Glorfindel mused.

"Oh? And what ring does Estel have for our dear Elven Prince?" Elrond grinned widely, showing off a set of perfect white teeth.

"It is forged of mithril, and set in the centre is an opal." Glorfindel smiled warmly, covering the Prince with a blanket in fatherly fashion, he after all, was Legolas' uncle.

A quiet, barely audible groan interrupted their conversation.