I Will Remember You by Brianna

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
I will remember you always, Sam. I hope you know that. Will you remember me? Even as the thought comes into my head, I can hear your answer clearly in my mind. I can feel the truth behind it, and as I smile, I am sad.

What did I ever do to deserve your devotion? Did I ever do anything for you that could possibly equal what you've done for me? Certainly not giving you Bag End. Oh, how you could have ever cared for me, Sam? How could you still care for me now?

I don't think that I've ever been anything but a burden to you. You carried me to Mordor, Sam, more than I think you're aware of. You supported me so much....far beyond what you ever should have. My life depended on you far too much.

How could you have bared it? I think that it might have been better if I had gone to destroy the ring alone and died in the end. That would have been better than having burdened you so. And what I've done to you since we came back to the Shire...I'm so sorry, Sam.

Even though you nor Rosie ever said anything, I believe I made things difficult for you...feeling ill in some way, every day...nightmares, pain, sadness...such anguish. Oh, Sam. I nearly ruined ev erything-your happiness, your family. I think I did, in a way. You said it yourself, that you were constantly torn in two. You were always torn.

How could I have ever done that to you? It's all because of me. I should have left you alone, Sam. But...I couldn't. I cared so much for you...you cared so much for me...I couldn't have left you any more that you could have left me all those years ago. But I eventually realized that I had to. I was so sad, Sam.

The only thing that helped was you, but the price-your happiness, and that of your family-was far to great. I couldn't ever take that away from you. What I was going through, though...it got to be so much. I didn't want to live anymore. I barely do now, because I am so broken. I can't hardly bear being away from you, but it is far better than hurting you.

I hope you can understand one day. I hardly can myself. But I will always have my memories of you, as you will of me. I hope that it is enough...Remember me, Sam. Forget me. I miss you. I love you.