Gollum's Revenge by Deutzy

For a moment Frodo was too shocked to speak. He eventually managed to say, 'Of course I will!' Merry got up from the ground and pulled Frodo into a tight hug.

'I love you.' He whispered into Frodo's ear.

'I love you too.' Frodo whispered back.




A few weeks later, Frodo and Merry were up in their room in Rivendell, making sure they'd invited everyone to the wedding. They had written to Sam, Rosie and Pippin, and they were meant to be arriving in Rivendell today.

'That's it.' Frodo said finally, writing one last name at the end of the list and putting the pen down.

'What time are Sam and Pip meant to be here?'

'Any time now.' Frodo got up, and let Merry wrap his arms around his neck. One of Merry's hands moved to Frodo's chest and began to unbutton Frodo's shirt.

'Easy tiger! Sam, Pip and Rosie could be here any second.' Frodo laughed.

Merry spun Frodo round and pulled him into a passionate kiss. They broke apart when someone knocked at the door. Frodo quickly did his shirt up while Merry went and answered the door.

'Sam! Pippin!' Merry called as his and Frodo's two best friends entered the room.

'Where's Rosie?' Frodo asked.

'Looking after your wedding present.' Sam said. 'Close your eyes.'

Frodo and Merry did as they were told. 'Put your arms out, Frodo.' Frodo heard Rosie say from next to him. He obeyed, and he felt something quite heavy being placed in his arms.

'Open your eyes.' Sam said, and Merry and Frodo opened their eyes to see a baby hobbit in Frodo's arms.

'Sam...' Merry exclaimed, moving to stand at Frodo's side.

Sam explained about him and Rosie having twins, and not being able to cope with two babies in the house at once. 'We couldn't think of any two people who deserved him more than you.' Sam ended. 'He's from me, Rosie and Pip.'

Frodo was beyond words, but Merry managed to say, 'Thank you,' through his tears of happiness.

'Little Sam...' Frodo mumbled, stroking the baby's face with his finger. 'Samwise Peregrin Brandybuck-Baggins.'

Sam, as the baby was now named, opened his eyes, and looked up at Frodo and Merry's smiling faces. The baby hobbit smiled and gurgled happily, grabbing Merry's finger. Sam (Gamgee), Rosie and Pippin came to stand by Frodo and Merry, and watched Sam Jr. in Frodo's arms.




The next day, the five hobbits went for a walk around Rivendell with Sam Jr. sleeping peacefully in Merry's arms. Sam and Rosie's other child, Elanor, had been left in the Shire with Sam's dad.

In the gardens of Rivendell, they came across Aragorn and Arwen with Thraviel and Elvér. Sam and Pippin hadn't Thraviel since she was a tiny baby, and she was now 5. They had never met Elvér, who was now in the terrible twos, and toddling about all over the place.

'Uncle Merry! Uncle Frodo!' Thraviel called, sounding delighted and bounding over to them.

'Hello Rascal!' Frodo replied, ruffling Thraviel's neatly braided long blonde hair.

'And who've we got here?' Arwen asked, noticing little Sam asleep in Merry's arms. She and Aragorn came over to see Sam Jr, while Thraviel started rambling on to Sam Sr, Rosie and Pippin, leading them off into the gardens. Elvér was, at present, dozing in Aragorn's arms.

'Is this Sam's son?' Aragorn asked.

'Well, it was.' Frodo said, then explained to Aragorn and Arwen about Sam Jr. being a gift to him and Merry.

Thraviel, who had obviously got bored with Sam, Pippin and Rosie's company, came back to her parents at that point and asked, 'Who's that?' Pointing at Sam Jr.

'That's Sam.' Merry replied.

'But that's Sam.' Thraviel replied, pointing to the Sam who had just reappeared with Pippin and Rosie.

'So's he.' Arwen said. 'They're both called Sam.'

'Is there another Thraviel?' Thraviel asked.

'There probably is, somewhere.' Arwen said.

'Where?'

'I don't know.'

'You just wait until he starts questioning everything you say.' Aragorn said to Frodo and Merry, nodding towards the little hobbit who had just woken up in Merry's arms.




It was the evening before Frodo and Merry's wedding, and they were both more than a little bit nervous. They were both about to go back to their room after dinner when Sam and Pippin came bounding up to them.

'You can't spend the night before your wedding together!' Sam said.

'Sam, we're tired...' Frodo mumbled.

'We don't care.' Pippin said. 'Sam, you take Frodo and I'll take Merry.' Frodo and Merry were about to come up with some excuse when Pippin said, 'We've sorted everything, so you can't get out of it. Rosie's got and is looking after little Sam tonight, so you don't have to worry about that. Come on!'

And with that, Pippin grabbed Merry by the hand and Sam grabbed Frodo, leading them away from each other.




Frodo woke up the next morning, and suddenly wondered why he wasn't in his room. Then he remembered that he was in Sam and Rosie's room, and he was getting married in about... he looked outside, it was dawn... 4 hours time.

As with everyone on the morning of their wedding, doubts began to enter Frodo's mind. Okay, so Merry had actually been the one that proposed, but he could have changed his mind by now. And how would all his friends react, this wasn't exactly a normal marriage. He got out of bed, and went to look out of the window. Unknown to him, Merry was also looking out the window of Pippin's room, almost the same doubts going through his head. Okay, so Frodo had accepted his proposal, but he could have changed his mind by now, Merry thought.

'You're up early.' Merry jumped when he heard Pippin's voice.

'I'm just a bit nervous.' Merry mumbled, keeping his eyes fixed on the gardens of Rivendell outside.

'There's nothing to be nervous about!' Pippin said. 'Frodo adores you, isn't that obvious?'

'He could say no...'

'Meriadoc Brandybuck, he will not say no!' Pippin replied.




Merry and Pippin were already outside the church, along with several of their elven friends, Rosie, Sam Jr, Legolas and Hadriedien (who had married a few weeks ago), Aragorn, Arwen, Elrond and Gandalf. Merry moved away from his friends to greet Frodo, and Sam quickly left them alone.

'Are you alright?' Frodo asked.

'Fine...' Merry replied, though he definitely didn't sound fine. Suddenly, he grabbed Frodo's hand with both of his. 'You love me, don't you? You won't say no, will you?'

'Of course I love you, and of course I won't say no.' Frodo replied. 'But what about you?'

'I'll always love you Frodo, I won't say no.' Merry replied as Delil-Gariand, the elven priest, appeared and led the two hobbits into the church.




'Do you, Frodo Baggins, take thee Meriadoc Brandybuck to be your lawfully wedded... husband?'

'I do.'

'And do you, Meriadoc Brandybuck, take thee Frodo Baggins to be your lawfully wedded husband?'

'I do.'

'Then I pronounce you... married. You may kiss.'

Relief surged through both Merry and Frodo's bodies as they turned to face each other, and Frodo pulled Merry into a kiss. That was it, it was all over, they were married. Together, they made their way out of the church, arm in arm. All their friends soon joined them outside and Sam and Pippin hugged them until they couldn't breath. They were congratulated by all of their other friends in turn. When all was quiet again, Elrond came over to the two hobbits.

'Lower your heads.' He commanded. Frodo and Merry did so, and they felt Elrond put something around each of their necks. They looked and saw that they were each now wearing an elven necklace of immortality.

'I give you the immortality of the elves.' Elrond said. 'You have now been accepted into Rivendell as an official couple, and therefore you deserve all the rights of the elves. When your time here is through, you may go to the elf havens with us, and spend forever there. When he is old enough, your son will become immortal as well.'

Frodo and Merry thanked Elrond deeply, and then eventually they were left alone for a while. Frodo took Merry's hands in his, and looked deep into his eyes. Merry kissed Frodo tenderly, and they both knew they had found perfect happiness, and would be happy so long as they had little Sam and each other forever more.