A Beautiful World by Tobi is a good boy

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
< Morning Stars>

Glorfindel leaned over the balcony, inhaling deeply on his cigar before puffing out white streams of smoke out into the morning* air. His trade-mark blonde hair was tied back into a short ponytail, his robes slightly scruffy, almost lazily picked out. It was quiet. Earendil shimmered in the sky, winking at the world. Glorfindel winked back in a silent greeting to the star. He closed his eyes as he took another draught from his cigar. Suddenly, a strong hand touched his shoulder lightly.

"Meleth," murmured the quiet voice of Elladan, r0;You should stop smoking those awful things."

Glorfindel flipped himself around, taking another deliberate puff from his cigar. Smoke spiraled lazily into the darkening, starry sky. r0;And what are you going to do about it, Dan?"

Elladan broke into a wide grin and shrugged his wide shoulders. r0;Your17;ll have to figure that out for yourself."

Glorfindel laughed, leaning so close to Elladan that their foreheads touched. He could feel Elladan's fea shimmer at his touch. His! Glorfindel struggled to control his fear17;s response to the dark haired half-elven warrior-a response of joy.

"You'll tell me," he smiled down at his former student, "Sooner or later, you will."

Elladan cocked his head, an amused look on his half-elven face. "You know what my father thinks of those things," he frowned, drifting off into silence. The scent of lavender floated in the air.

"Ah, but your father will be gone soon..."

Elladan leaned over the balcony and looked out onto the garden, standing away from Glorfindel. He turned slowly, his chin raised, his stance that of a warrior. A warrior Glorfindel trained, taught, and fought with. Elladan's shoulders shook slightly and his eyes brimmed with unshed tears. His eyes, a stormy sea, pierced Glorfindel's fea with a cry of a seagull. He stretched out his hand to the young elf:

Quietly, "Tolo enni, pinig."

Elladan fell into Glorfindel's strong arms, his head leaning on his shoulder. Elladan's fea wavered uncertainly; lost. Glorfindel resisted the urge to kiss the elf's head, to kiss him on the lips, to make Elladanr30;his. Instead, he asked, "Mar ledhithog?"

His former student hiccupped something incoherent.

"What?" Glorfindel breathed, his breath stirring Elladanr17;s hair, absorbing the scent of lavender.

Breathlessly, "Ichoosetostay."

Glorfindel's fea jumped in surprise and joy. He was staying. He sighed a sigh he hadn't known he had been holding in. Elladan was staying. He was staying.

Then, his heart faltered. Words, fell horribly from his mouth:

"Then you are man."

Elladan shook his black hair. "No," cried he, "No, no! I am elf."

"Then, how? How are you here? I thought-"

Elladan raised a pale, long finger to Glorfindel's lips, " Annon gur nîn achen, Glorfindel." Glorfindel could not breathe as Elladan's fea brushed his with a caress so soft and delicate that Glorfindel shivered-

"And I give you mine," he said, before their lips and feas met in a shining dance. Glorfindel smiled.

It's a beautiful world, Ecthelion.
Chapter end notes: Mar *ledhithog? (When will you leave?)
Tolo enni (Come to me)
Pinig (little one)
Annon gur nîn achen (I give you my heart)
Iavas(Early Autumn)

Elvish Days begin at sundown instead of sunup.

Feas are the souls of elves. They are separate from their bodies, unlike human, where the soul and body are one.