Script Joke by Georgidog

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
"Billy...?" Dom asked "Euh... what are these red lines around this bit for?"

They were both sitting in Dom's trailer reading their new scripts that they had been given that morning. They were about half way.

"Hmmm?" Billy looked up from his script and leaned towards Dom's to see where he was pointing. "Oh that! That means that is was removed from the script after it was written. We don't have to learn it!"

"Oh... that's a pity" sighed Dom.

"Why?" asked Billy, still reading his script.

"Because it would have been fun to do" joked Dom "What do you think?" Billy glanced up.

"Where was it again?" he asked. Dom leaned over Billy's lap and pointed to the bit where it was. This was a difficult move because he had his feet balanced on a table and Billy's script was on another table the other side of Billy. He heard Billy breath a small gasp as Dom moved off Billy's stomach.

Billy regained himself and looked at where Dom had pointed to.

This is what he read :

<em>"As Frodo leaves to find the elf queen, everyone else falls to sleep fast. Only Pippin and Merry are still awake. They sit up and look around them then turn and start whispering to each other.</em>

Billy : Merry, I'm so scared. I don't know where we are any more. Those elf people they... ..they just don't seen right. And the beautiful one, she looked into my mind, oh Merry, she saw everything, all my feelings, everything! And she spoke to me, she spoke to me in my mind! She told me horrible things, such horrible things, Merry, I can't sleep...

Dominic : Oh... Pip, don't fret. I'm still here and I won't let anyone harm you. Come here and tell me about it.

<em>With this Merry puts his arm around and pulls him closer until they are almost in a hug.</em>

Billy : She said... oh Merry... . <em>Pippin is on the verge of tears and Merry sees this so he pulls Pippin even closer and lifts his chin with his hand. They are so close they can feel each others breath on their lips.</em>

Dominic : It can't be that bad! Come on... tell me. I won't scold you like Uncle Took!

<em>With this Pippin smiles and his tears are brushed softly away by Merry.</em>

Billy : She said... .she said that in time you would leave me... .and go after an adventure and leave me behind and never come back... oh Merry... I couldn't live without you... you are my best friend!

<em>With this Pippin starts crying again.</em>

Dominic : What do you think she is? She is only saying that to make you believe her! She wants to scare you! Do you really think I would leave without you? I would never do that, Peregrin Took!

<em>Wiping away his tears, Pippin looks up at Merry and smiles.</em>

Billy : Really?

Dominic : Yes really! I will never leave you!

<em>Pippin brightens up and gives Merry a big mischievous smile.</em>

Billy : Do you know what else she told me? She told me that you are one of Farmer Brandybuckses pigs because you finished off my supper without asking me if I wanted it!

Dominic : That's not the queen saying that! It's you, you little Took!

<em>With that, Merry rolls over a lands on his back with Pippin on top of him and starts scruffing his hair. Pippin cries out loud and is shushed quickly by a whack on his head from Merry. Merry apologies and says "it was just so you didn't wake up everyone else".</em>

<em>Slowly Merry drifts off to sleep, shortly followed by Pippin, his head still resting on Merry's chest.</em>

<em>They sleep soundly as Frodo comes back and settles himself down but can't get to sleep.</em>

Dom smiles as he noticed Billy had finished reading.

"Well its makes sense you finishing off my supper!" remarked Billy on a playful tone.

"What?" asked Dom sounding a bit offended.

"Well you do eat quite a bit at the food stand. You finished off the meat plate yesterday!"

"Yer, but there wasn't much left... "

"You can talk! There was about half the plate still full!"

"Trust you to notice!" joked Dom. "You little Took!"

After he said that, Dom threw himself on top of Billy and started fluffing his hair. Billy fell off his chair with the full weight of Dom on top of him. The trailer rocks as Billy tries to push Dom off him. They end up, after a big scrabble, with Billy underneath and Dom on top.

"I will never leave you, my Pip" said Dom mocking Merry's voice.

Billy wasn't sure what happened next but a glint came into Dom's eyes and he bent down and brushed his lips against Billy's.

Dom wasn't sure why he had done it either, it just came to him that it was the right thing to do.

Suddenly there was a knock at the trailer door and the producer's voice spoke.

"You two... have you finished reading the script? We are going to rehearse the second scene with you. Can you go to makeup and clothing please?"

"Yer! Ok!" they both chorused. They quickly jumped up, embarrassed, which made the trailer rock again.

Dom, who was a bit pink cheeked, said "I must get this trailer stabilized. Even when I get up at night to go to the toilet it rocks!"

"Yer... good idea!" replied Billy, still not sure about what had just happened. "Shall we proceed to the clothing, my dear Merry?"

"Why of course my dear Pip!"

And with that the two good friends, arm in arm, left the rocking trailer to go and become Merry and Pippin for the rest of the day.


FIN