Trouble by Erviniae

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Written for Best Action Story for the Imladris Slash Awards hosted by Chaotic_Binky.
The woods seemed eerily quiet as the Elven warriors entered the forest surrounding their destination: Rivendell. They knew they could find sanctuary to rest their wearied bones and refresh their withered spirits, in the vale noted for its refuge and respite, for any who sought her out without ill-intent. The hospitality of its keeper was legendary and the solace to be found there welcoming, to those, as they, who were in highest need of it. Though at present, this silence was most disturbing.

The two looked at each other with anxious eyes. Neither needed to speak for they moved as one in thought and action as do all who have fought and traveled together as long as they have. Their nostrils flared as the wafting scent of ruin and decay reached ever-sensitive noses. One nod from his companion and the second Elf scouted stealthily ahead, his sword silently whisked from its sheath. The trees seem to help conceal him as he weaved to and fro, inching ever closer. Suddenly, the urge to vomit came upon him as he saw a small band of filthy Orcs wrenching between them what looked to be some sort of meat. Looking down he saw what were the remains of some poor wretched being that had haplessly wondered too close for his own good. Anger filled the warrior deep within his soul. His companion felt the ire within his own spirit from their bond as brethren. Instantly they devised a plan between them, speaking with thoughts alone.

The second Elf stole his way around the gruesome scene undetected. Having only two arrows left, he deftly and silently nocked the two at once; knowing he could not miss his intended targets. 'Now' was spoken into his mind and without preamble, the only sound heard above the frenetic noises of the gruesome meal, was the grunt of the two Orcs who squealed like stuck pigs; grotesque hands grabbing hysterically at necks that now sported an arrow straight through! For a few seconds the other Orcs watched their cronies fall with confusion in their eyes, until comprehension finally dawned in their dim gazes as to the attack that was now upon them. Grunts and growls issued forth even as the cries of the hidden Elven warrior's fell about them.

Two more of the foul creatures were taken down before they even had time to draw their weapons. Now separated between the wide girths of the remaining three Orcs, the Elven warriors stood their ground in the attack. Metal clashed against metal, with the sheer force of the ugly beasts driving the brethren further from each other. With much additional effort, the already road wearied Elves felled two more of the spawn of Sauron. Nevertheless, before there deemed to be time enough to react, a heavy sword, dripping with poison, crashed down hard upon the shoulder of the second Elf.

A cry issued forth from the Elf companion as he hacked repeatedly at the remaining Orc, his blade not stopping until the once foul creature was near unrecognizable. A different cry stopped this annihilation as he recognized that his partner needed tending to. Running to his companion, he pulled his kin's head against his chest for both their comforts. "Do not die, I could not bear to lose you." He then leaned his head down to press his lips gently against those belonging to his best friendr30;

A gasp was heard about him. Celebrían's hand flew to her mouth as she surveyed the damage before her. A row of her hedges lay strewn about her favorite path in the garden. Leaves, crushed flowers, broken clay, and even a beheaded statue lay about the cobbled trail. And in the midst of all of this bedlam sat one young Imladris elfling with his lips pressed against his brother's whom he cradled against his chest: blood seeping slowly from a small twig that had buried itself slightly within the younger twin's shoulder. Wooden swords lay next to the two as evidence of their rough play.

Elrond's face grew red with anger as he began to walk towards his sons, "Glorfindel!" he shouted. Within moments Glorfindel appeared upon the paths and began to laugh at the scene but changed it into a cough upon espying his lord's wrath.

"What stories have you been embellishing to my sons now?"

Glorfindel had the sense to blush as he impishly shrugged his shoulders in reply.