Early Birds by Belladonna Poisoning

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: If they were mine, I would be richer and better-laid.
"Erestor?" Glorfindel knocked briskly on Erestor's door. He waited a few seconds, and then knocked again, louder. "Erestor?"

There was a soft of muffled sound r11; rather like cursing heard from beneath the covers. Glorfindel waited, then pounded firmly on the door.

"GO AWAY!"

Glorfindel grinned and opened the door. He was still congratulating himself over his masterful persuasion of Erestor to stop locking his door. Well r11; persuasion in the sense of ripping the bolt and chain off the door and throwing them out the window.

To the untrained eye, Glorfindel was the only elf in the room. But Glorfindel was a warrior of old, wise and wily in the trickery of others, and he was not deceived. He walked up to the bed, a huge, messy tangle of sheets and blankets, and callously pulled back the covers. "Get up, Erestor."

Erestor opened one eye just long enough to fix Glorfindel with a glare that would have frozen the blood of lesser mortals. Then he rather ruined the effect by pulling a pillow over his head.

"Oh, Er-estor," Glorfindel sang, bouncing on the bed. "Rise and shine, beautiful." Erestor mumbled something into the pillow.

"What did you say, sweetheart?"

The pillow was shoved aside. "I said, I'm going to kill you."

"You keep making death-threats, beautiful, but you never back them up. If you're not careful, I'll start thinking you've got fond of me."

Erestor smiled sarcastically. "You've grown on me, Fin, dear heart. Rather like foot fungus."

"Or an ingrown toenail," Glorfindel agreed cheerfully. "Are you up now?"

"No. Go away." Taking advantage of Glorfindel's inattention, Erestor reclaimed his covers and yanked them over his head.

"Come on, Erestor, we both have the day free and I want to go outside," Glorfindel complained.

"Go without me," Erestor suggested. Or maybe it was "Oh, fuck you." It was hard to hear him from beneath seven layers of covers.

"Please, Erestor?" Glorfindel begged shamelessly.

Erestor's head emerged from beneath the shapeless mass of blankets. "I don't want to get out of bed. Go make Elrond take you, or bring the children, or something." Having spoken, he vanished once more.

"I wanted to spend the day with you," the blond muttered.

Beneath the covers, Erestor winced. Why is it always the guilt trip that gets me... "Fine! We can spend the day together," Erestor snapped, sitting up. The sheets pooled around his waist, leaving his upper body bare to the world. Glorfindel's mouth went dry. He honestly didn't know why he found Erestor so attractive. He wasn't pretty in the androgynous way of some elves; nor was he a paragon of masculine beauty. He was pale and thin and his only unusual feature was his eye color, which shifted from gray to brown to black, depending on the light.

Well, almost his only feature. Glorfindel would be the first to admit that beneath his shapeless robes, Erestor had the most perfect behind he had ever seen. His cheeks were round and full and smooth and gave Glorfindel much delight, but he did not exactly consider himself to be the sort of person who fell in love because of someone's posterior, no matter how lovely it might be.

And Glorfindel realized with an odd, sinking feeling that he really was in love with Erestor: pale, skinny, cranky Erestor, brilliant, snippy, bad-tempered Erestor, who would probably laugh his head off if he had the slightest idea how his lover felt about him.

"Glorfindel?" Erestor peered at him worriedly and scooted over to lay a hand against his cheek. "Glorfindel?"

"Hmm?" He blinked in surprise. "Yes?"

"Are we awake now?"

"Mmm... probably." He effortlessly picked up his lover and set him down in his lap, ignoring Erestor's squawk of indignation.

"GLORFINDEL! Let me go!" Erestor squirmed furiously in Glorfindel's lap, but the blond's grip on his was secure and Erestor's struggles were futile. "I'm not joking, Glorfindel r11; Glorfindel! Put me down!"

Glorfindel serenely ignored him, aside from wrapping his arms more tightly around the dark-haired elf's waist. Nothing daunted, Erestor continued wriggling like a fish on the end of a line. "Glorfindel, I'm warning you r11; "

"Pretty, pretty, pretty, and mine, all mine," Glorfindel crooned, loosening his hold on Erestor enough to reach up and pet his sleep-tousled hair. "Feel free to keep fidgeting, luv; you're keeping my lap warm. Among other things."

Erestor's sense of the ridiculous, well-hidden but nevertheless finely honed, caught up with him, and he began to snicker. Then giggle. Then full-out roar with laughter. At last he spluttered, "Do you even listen to yourself? You sound like you're talking to a cat!"

Glorfindel grinned. "Well then, my little kitty, surely you wouldn't object to a bath?" Without waiting for a reply, he took advantage of his hold on Erestor to keep him still as he leaned forward to lick the side of his neck. Erestor's body jerked. "I see a certain compromise here, kitten my pet," he murmured, his breath ghosting over the damp flesh of Erestor's throat. The dark-haired elf manfully repressed a whimper. "I will let you go back to bed. You will let me come with you. We both get what we want. I'll even let you go back to sleep once I'm done with you."

One of Erestor's eyebrows arched in the delightfully predatory fashion that Glorfindel had come to love over the past few months. "Oh, really? I rather think it should be once I'm done with you."

"Whatever you say, kitty-cat."

"Really," Erestor mused. He eyed Glorfindel for a moment r11; and pounced.

Glorfindel might have, at another time and setting, objected to his loss of dignity and authority. At present, however, pinned beneath his skinny, cranky, brilliant advisor, he had no complaints.




Erestor and Glorfindel shuffled into Elrond's quarters for dinner, more than a little late and looking considerably rumpled. Elrond glanced up and smiled. "Good evening, my friends. I was beginning to wonder if you had decided not to rise from your beds at all today!" Erestor murmured something politely apologetic, which Elrond waved off carelessly. "Truth to tell, I think I should throw these impromptu days off more often. The whole house seems so much more cheerful today. What do you think?" It was Glorfindel's turn to make some noncommittal noise of general agreement. "Then again, it might not be such a good idea, if my two most trusted advisors both use their free hours to do nothing but hole up in their beds and refuse to show their faces all day long. Whatever were you two doing?"

Erestor and Glorfindel looked at each other across the table, and, inexplicably, began to blush.