A Bag of Sweets and A Bundle of Trouble by Anestel

It was quiet. Too quiet. Not even a random giggle came from Legolas's direction. Elrond felt a tinge of worry as he turned around. The blocks were scattered on the floor, abandoned. "Not again," Elrond muttered. He scanned the room, uttering a sigh of relief when he saw Legolas one of the nightstands... Until he saw what the child was holding. Legolas was holding a vial of oil he had found in one of the drawers. With an impish grin, he managed to pry the lid off. It was a large jar, and the Elfling had trouble balancing the vessel with one hand, so he added his other, steadying the jar. He then brought it up and promptly poured it's contents over his head. He closed his eyes and let out a peal of giggles as he saturated his hair, face, and clothes.

"Legolas!" Elrond hollered when he realized what the Elfling was doing. "Stop that!" But, it was too late. The bottle was empty. Thranduil would kill him! He took a deep breath, calming his frayed nerves and counting to ten in Quenya. This was the last time he would agree to watch a five-year-old. Elrond stormed over to the misbehaving child and snatched the empty jar from him. "Come on, little imp, you're getting another bath," he said, his tone one of defeat.

"Will you take a bath with me? Like Ada does?" Legolas asked sweetly, offering Elrond an adoring, bright smile. "Please?"

Elrond sighed. This child would be the end of him. "Fine!" He ushered the child into the bathroom and they both stripped. He placed Legolas into the warm water, climbing in after him.

"Rondy..." Legolas began with a cheeky grin. "Why aren't you as big as Ada?" he asked, staring at Elrond's groin.

"Because... That's none of your concern," Elrond said through clenched teeth. The child was trying his patience. The Half-Elf knew his face was flushed crimson with embarrassment. He sighed and washed the oil in Legolas' hair and on the Elfling's squirming body, calming himself.

Legolas giggled again. "What were those loud sounds coming from Ada and your bedroom last night?" he asked, giggling before he continued. "It sounded like a cat in heat... Does my Ada have a cat?"

Elrond almost squeaked, his face aflame with humiliation. "When is your Ada to return?" Elrond said softly, pouring water over the laughing child.

It seemed the day would never end.