An Elf and a Man by Eressea Fea

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Home Entertainment. The song "My Heart Will Go On" belongs to Celine Dion.
Authors Note: This is my first time to post a fanfic, and I would like to know what ya'll think. Flames are welcome.
The war had ended, and Sauron was defeated. The Fellowship returned to their homes to live their lives free from fear. A time full of tranquility and ecstasy came onto the free peoples of Middle-Earth and in this time a love blossomed. A love between an Elf and a Man. The tale of this love spread throughout the lands. Doubt and disbelieve grew in the minds of the different races, for never had there been love between an Elf and a Man.

Yet in the heart of Gondor deep in the forest stood the King of Gondor and the Prince of Mirkwood. They stood clasped in each other's arms, staring into the eyes of the one they love most. The world around them did not exist. The gentle sway of the trees, the soft sound of the river flowing over rocks, the breeze of the wind as it swirled around them, was forgotten.

A tune filled the air. The soft notes were heard across the lands. All heads turned toward the sound, and in the sky they saw an ethereal image. The image of Aragorn and Legolas embracing was observable to all eyes of the free peoples of Middle Earth.

The tune continued as Legolas opened his mouth and sung a song that held the truth of their love. His soft voice filled the hearts of all the races and their disbelief and doubt vanished as each word was sung.


Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you,
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on
Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're one

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on



Aragorn gently cupped Legolas' face, his thumb caressing the Elf's cheek. Legolas leaned into the touch, soaking in the love radiating from the Man's flesh. Aragorn smiled down at the blond beauty and was rewarded with a smile that took all his breath from his body.


You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on



The whole of Middle-Earth stood in awe. They witness the Elf and Man, staring in each other's eyes, slowly draw closer. They join as one in a searing kiss. Leaves carried by the wind swirled around the pair, causing the races of Middle-Earth to gasp at the beauty flowing from the King of Gondor and the Prince of Mirkwood.

There was a silence encompassing Middle-Earth. No longer did the races doubt the love of the Elf and the Man and from that day on a new tale was told. A tale of the ethereal beauty of the love of the King of Gondor and the Prince of Mirkwood. Who were forever enfolded in their love for one another.