Courting Death by Carhuine Malthenel

Legolas opened his eyes and saw he was in an unfamiliar room. He felt safe and content. Stretching his hand brushed against someone. Turning he saw Haldir laying at his left and Aragorn to his right. His strength and hope had not left him. Smiling he gazed at Aragorn, the man looked peaceful. Almost child like. He reached out and brushed aside a lock of Aragorns hair. It felt silky against his hand. He looked over at Haldir and sighed. Haldir's blonde hair was spread over his pillow, his clear blue eyes were vacant. He looked so handsome, they both did. Legolas leaned over and kissed Haldir on his lips. Haldir smiled when Legolas ended the kiss.

"Good morning to you to Legolas" Haldir said.

"I forgotten how handsome you are in the morning."

Haldir simply smiled.

"Haldir is it possible to love more than one person?" Legolas asked softly

"Yes. I like to think so. Whom do you love?" Haldir said sitting up.

"Aragorn and you." Legolas whispered sitting and staring at his hands. Haldir gently raised Legolas's chin so he could look at him in the eyes.

"Really? For I love Aragorn and you."

The relief in Legolas's eyes was apparent.

"What about Aragorn, Men frown on his sort of thing." Legolas whispered.

"Not all men." Aragorn said.

Haldir and Legolas looked over at him startled. They realized he had heard everything. They saw the love in his eyes. The three of them smiled. Suddenly a knock sounded at the door. Haldir got up and opened it, a young elf maiden stood there.

"Pardon milord but Lady Galadriel thought that Prince Legolas and Aragorn might wish to bathe."

Haldir nodded smilling, Legolas and Aragron bathing. Aragorn and Legolas naked.

"Please come in my dear." Haldir said smirking.