Dark Dreamer by Zhie

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Betas: TICS & Mirfain

Written for Darkdreamer.
The best place in all of Imladris, is right here, right where I am sitting now. I will admit, the seating is very limited- in fact, it's quite uncomfortable. This railing is quite thin, though sturdy so I need not worry. If it rains or snows or even if there is a frosty breeze it can be downright miserable to be here.

Don't be fooled by first glance – still, it is the most prized place to be. At least, I certainly think it is. For when one sits upon this balcony, on this railing, the view is simply marvelous. You may think I mean the valley, and yes I am certain it is plesant to see the gardens behind me with the stables in the distance as the sun comes over the hills, but you are looking in the wrong direction.

What I spy from my perch is the slumbering form of perfection. Not just this night, but every night. I wait until I know he has retired; this can sometimes require me to stay up fairly late or into the early hours of the morning. From my own balcony I can watch his room. When the lights are all dimmed, then it is time. I leave my own porch and silently climb the outer walls until I reach my perch.

He rests in his canopied bed, with the curtains drawn back so that the sun can greet him come morning. I see a view of him from the side, with his hair rippling over his pillow, the color of the midnight sky. His skin recalls the starlight, and his peachy lips I ache to kiss, part slightly as he sleeps.

Dark dreamer, the beautiful intellectual that glides through the halls in the hours of the day. I wish I had the right to call him my own and to be the shadow of this tempting creature. If only it were I who placed my hands upon his shoulders, slid the silken robes to the floor. How I long to be the dip in the bed beside him, the taste on his lips in the evening, the thought on his mind to keep him from spending such long, lonely nights behind a desk, buried in paperwork. To be the arms that hold him, the kiss that wakes him, the one who loves him.




"Do you always speak to yourself while sitting on other elves' balconies at three in the morning?"

Glorfindel opened his eyes and practically fell off of the railing, and had it not been for the strong hands that grabbed hold of his arm, he very well may have. "Ahhh, well... usually, not, no, not on – oh, my, this isn't my balcony?" Glorfindel swallowed hard as his feet touched the solid wood of the porch that led out from Erestor's rooms. The doors leading out were, as they usually were, come rain, sleet, or snow, wide open. In the room, the curtains of the canopied bed billowed out. On the balcony, Erestor's hand slid down to Glorfindel's wrist, and then he entwined his fingers with those of the stuttering blond. "Smells like rain," said Glorfindel quickly, blushing as he took note of their held hands. "You should really, uhm, close these doors."

"Perhaps if you would come in, I wouldn't have to keep leaving them open."

For a moment, Glorfindel stood stunned on the balcony until raindrops began to flick his nose and ears. A gentle tug on his hand advanced him forward a few steps, but before reaching the threshold, he stopped abruptly. Erestor gave him a quizzical look- all he had time for before he was pulled back, into Glorfindel's arms, kissed while the rain blanketed them. Soaking wet, neither knew how they made it into the room, but each of them closed one of the doors behind them without question.




I am the whisper in his ear and the warmth against his body. He is the answer to my prayers and the sunshine on my darkest days. We are like dusk and dawn, but opposites attract, and so we are together, for all time. Me, and my dark dreamer.