Switch by Morgana

Erestor's nervousness increased when the goldsmith entered, carrying a wooden box beneath his arm. Judging by the grin on the other Elf's face, the goldsmith knew exactly why he had been asked to come here.

"I brought a fair selection of wedding bands, my Lord. I am certain that a pair will be to your liking."

Erestor gestured for the goldsmith to seat himself and then sat down himself. The other Elf placed the display box on the table in between them and lifted the lid, revealing the treasure tucked away inside. Erestor's breath caught, realizing a true artist had crafted these. "May I?" he said, before lifting a particular pair of wedding bands from the blue velvet inside.

"I would be honored if you were to choose your wedding rings from my collection." The goldsmith pointed out the pair Glorfindel had begun to examine. "Maybe these?"

Yes, this was exactly the pair Erestor was interested in. He lifted the identical pair and examined them.

"They are made from the finest silver, and carry just a hint of mithril." The goldsmith scooted a tad closer. "Each ring displays two hearts: within its center is a magnificent stone of Lapis Lazuli. A truly magnificent pair."

"They are astounding. You are a true master at your craft, my friend." The silver and mithril setting, and blue lapis lazuli were a perfect mixture, and now that he examined the ring up close, it continued to take his breath away and he knew it that instant; "I want these." The blue Lapis Lazuli matched the color of Legolas' eyes perfectly.

The goldsmith smiled, pleased. "I didn't admit this earlier, but when I made these it was the Woodland's Prince brilliant eyes that inspired them." He blushed. "I made them in the hope that they would serve this very purpose one day. There is no charge, my Lord Glorfindel. You did much for our Ruler and our people. Please consider this a gift."

"Now I feel honored, my friend," said Erestor, deeply touched by this gesture. "These rings will forever grace Legolas' finger – and mine –" he added, belatedly. "Thank you for your generosity."

The goldsmith rose from his chair. "I hope the Crown Prince will find them to his liking as well." The fact that Glorfindel and Legolas would wear his rings would strengthen his reputation and he hoped to receive more orders from this moment on.

Erestor thanked the other Elf again and quickly closed the door behind the goldsmith, clutching the pair of rings against his chest. "The first stage has been completed..." Now he had to wait for Legolas to come to his rooms. Looking at said rooms, he realized they should look a bit more radiant now that Glorfindel was about to propose to Legolas. A few scented candles, strategically placed, and flowers would liven the ambiance.




Legolas hurried over to Glorfindel's rooms, eager to be reunited with his lover. He lifted his hand to knock, but then his expression darkened. For so long he had hoped Glorfindel would understand and make this official. But the ancient warrior insisted he wasn't worthy of such commitment and that Legolas should keep all options open. What do I have to do to make you understand that I want you and no one else? he had tried so often, but still Glorfindel refused to accept the truth. Drawing in a deep breath, he knocked. "Glorfindel? It is I, Legolas!"

The door handle turned and the door swung open slowly. Frowning, and growing a bit suspicious at not being warmly greeted by his lover, he stepped into the room, surprised to find scented candles illuminating the area. "Glorfindel?" Where was his lover?

"I am over here, Legolas." Erestor sat on the windowsill, and gestured the Woodland Elf to come closer.

Legolas closed the door behind him, puzzled at the warm ambiance the room breathed. Looking at Glorfindel, he realized something was different. Glorfindel's hair was loose, and instead of a tunic, the warrior wore loose robes. "Glorfindel?"

"Come to me," said Erestor, hoping courage wouldn't desert him. Please Elbereth, let me do the right thing! Hopefully this was what Glorfindel truly wanted, but was too afraid to carry out.

Legolas covered the distance between them. The candles' scent filled the room, and he smelled the sweet scent of orchids, roses and daises. "Is something amiss, my love?" He raised a hand and ran his fingers through the blond hair. "I do like it when you wear it loose, Glorfindel."

Erestor thought quickly. "I wore my hair like this just for you." The moment of truth had come and Erestor gathered his courage. Drawing in a deep breath, he looked deeply into Legolas' eyes. "There is something I need to ask you."

Legolas' heart missed a beat. "What?" Glorfindel looked lovely – utterly desirable, and it was his greatest wish to devour his lover, but it looked like Glorfindel wanted to talk first, and he would humor him. "What is it?"

Act like Glorfindel! And now that you are going to do this, do it properly! said a small voice in the back of Erestor's mind. He nodded, absentmindedly, gently took hold of Legolas' hand and then went down on his knees in front of the Mirkwood Prince.

Legolas' mouth went dry and his eyes widened impossibly. This wasn't really happening, was it? No, it couldn't! Glorfindel had told him time and time again that this would never happen! But why was Glorfindel kneeling in front of him then?

"Legolas, I should have done this a long time ago, but I needed until now to gather my courage." Erestor smiled, warmly, seeing the eagerness in Legolas' azure eyes. It was already clear what the Prince's answer to this proposal was going to be. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, yes! Yes, Glorfindel, yes!" Unable to contain his happiness, Legolas pulled Glorfindel to his feet and crushed him to his chest, claiming the red lips possessively.

Erestor let Legolas take control because he didn't know how to act himself. He allowed Legolas to kiss him, deeply and thoroughly, and when the Woodland Elf pulled away slightly, he quickly uncovered the rings, showing them to Legolas. "I already chose rings. I hope you don't mind me taking the initiative. I hope you like them."

"Oh..." Glorfindel had even gotten them rings! "I love you!" Demonstrating his own, considerable strength, he lifted Glorfindel and spun him around. "I love you!"

Erestor giggled, growing dizzy from being spun in the air in this fashion. "Put me down, Legolas."

Legolas complied, but didn't relinquish his death grip on the other blond. "I love you," he whispered, much softer this time. "Thank you."

Seeing the brilliant gleam in Legolas' eyes, Erestor smiled. "Elrond even offered to lead a wedding ceremony. I accepted... I hope you don't mind? I would like to make this official."

"Mind? You make me so happy, my love! You have no idea how happy!" Legolas brought his arms up behind Glorfindel's back and pulled him close. "My husband... You will become my husband... when?"

"Tomorrow evening? Or am I rushing things?" Erestor wasn't going to take any chances. He wanted Glorfindel and Legolas married before Lórien had a chance to switch them back!

"I will wait that long," said Legolas, teasingly, "I would have preferred for the ceremony to be held right now, but I will manage to wait until tomorrow." He was so happy he felt like he could burst!

"Uhm, Legolas? The rings..." Legolas had such a tight hold on him that he couldn't contain his own hold on the rings and they slipped from his fingers. Legolas was now forced to let go of him, and the two of them chased and caught the elusive rings.

Legolas caught one in the palm of his hand and curled his fingers around the precious metal. "Must I wait until tomorrow to put this around your finger?"

"We should wait," said Erestor, suddenly growing worried at seeing the growing bulge in Legolas' leggings. Oh no, they weren't going to have sex tonight! Glorfindel had forgiven him once, but would the blond forgive him twice?

"Please?" Legolas gave Glorfindel the look the Captain had never withstood before. "Please, my love?"

Erestor's resistance melted with that look. "Well, I doubt Elrond will be cross with us for wearing them."

That was all Legolas needed to hear and he pushed his ring down Glorfindel's finger. "With this ring I thee wed," he said, solemnly. "You are mine forever, Glorfindel."

"Yes, Glorfindel is yours forever – heart, body and soul." Erestor slowly slid his ring down Legolas' finger. "Forever."

Tears glistered in Legolas' eyes, but the Elf didn't shed them. "And now I want you – heart body and soul."

Oops, that was what Erestor had been afraid of. "Legolas, may I ask a favor of you?"

Legolas frowned. "What kind of favor?"

"I want to wait until Elrond has made this official."

"Wait?" It took Legolas a moment to figure out what Glorfindel was saying. "We aren't making love tonight?"

"The wait will only increase our pleasure when we do make love, Legolas. Please?" He turned the same puppy dog look Legolas had given him a moment ago on the Woodland Prince, hoping it had the same effect.

"I will indulge you if waiting means so much to you," said Legolas eventually. "Because you indulged me as well."

"Thank you," said Erestor from the bottom of his heart.

"I love you so dearly that I will even go without sex tonight." Legolas leaned in closer and claimed Glorfindel's lips. "But I do insist you keep me company tonight. I want to fall asleep with you in my arms."

"I can do that," whispered Erestor, smitten with Legolas at this point.

"Then what are we waiting for, love?" Legolas brought Glorfindel's hand to his lips and pressed a kiss on the ring that adorned his lover's finger. He steered his lover toward the bed and regretted having to let go of the limb he had been holding, but he needed to undress.

Erestor averted his eyes instinctively when Legolas slipped out of his clothes. Realizing Legolas expected him to get naked as well, he let the robes slip down his shoulders and stepped out of them. Thank you, Elbereth, he thought, relieved that Legolas wasn't aroused when the Woodland Elf pulled him into bed with him.

Legolas ended up spooned behind his lover and wrapped his arms and legs around him, making sure his future husband couldn't leave. "Good night, my love." His lips found the skin beneath the long, golden hair, and kissed his lover's neck.

Even feeling 'trapped' in Legolas' arms, Erestor had to admit he felt comfortable, even cherished, and he wondered if he would ever have this with Elrond. I wonder how dinner went. Maybe he could find out in the morning?

"Sleep, my love. You are much too tense." Legolas bestowed more, soft kisses onto his lover's skin. "Sleep." Softly, he sang his lover an old lullaby.

Hearing the old and familiar melody, Erestor smiled, quickly falling asleep.




Elrond couldn't bring himself to rise from bed just yet. Although Arien had already risen and now warmed Erestor's rooms with her beams, he was much too comfortable in this warm bed in order to desert it in favor of his lonely study. Now that Erestor was finally in his arms, he wanted to savor each moment with him. Last night had been a dream come true and he promised himself to never hide his feelings for Erestor again. He would court him properly; Erestor's reaction to his advances had showed him they needed to go slow and he was agreeable to that, as long as they wouldn't go too slow! They had already wasted too much time!

Erestor stirred in his arms, pressed his body closer to his and sighed, blissfully. Elrond, who was still spooned up behind his new lover, pulled him closer, and whispered endearments into Erestor's pointed ear, hoping the sound of his voice would wake him eventually.

The first thing Erestor became aware of upon awakening was Elrond's voice. Elrond's voice – not Legolas'! It was Elrond who was whispering to him, not the Woodland Prince! A quick look confirmed his suspicion, finding raven hair spilling onto the pillows. Aiya, Elbereth! Thank you! He was back in his own body again! The Valar must have decided everything was now as it was supposed to be.

"Erestor? Wake up, sleepy head. Arien is already high in the sky and we are still in bed. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, but I have things to do. I might even need you later today. Glorfindel hinted he was going to propose to Legolas, so we might hold a wedding ceremony this evening. I am glad he finally asked Legolas. Those two really love each other."

Erestor smiled, sleepily. Aye, it was a good thing he had been returned to his own body. If Glorfindel had learned of this too early, the blond might have put a stop to it. Elrond shifted against him, and he gasped, realizing the half-Elf was hard against him.

Elrond didn't want to make Erestor uncomfortable, realizing last night's admissions, and tried to shift away, so his new lover wasn't confronted with his arousal. "Are you awake, my beloved?"

Butterflies tickled his insides at hearing Elrond call him that. My beloved! Oh, this is really happening! Slowly, he shifted on the bed, turning onto his back and then his other side until Elrond and he were face to face. "I am afraid."

Elrond raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I am afraid I am dreaming and that you will be gone when I wake up." Erestor had learned one thing from switching bodies with Glorfindel; he had to be honest with himself and others. "I have wanted this for so long."

"You have me now," replied Elrond, soothingly, "Don't look at the past, my beloved. Look at the present and our future instead. We live in the here and now." He sealed those words with a tender kiss.

Erestor squirmed in Elrond's arms at the exquisite sensation and scooted even closer. Oh, he wanted this – wanted it so much! And his body wanted it too. He had grown hard and his erection brushed Elrond's by accident.

Elrond realized his lover's current state and a wicked grin appeared on his face. Instinctively, he knew it was still too early to claim Erestor entirely, but maybe they could pleasure and satisfy each other in a less penetrating way. "May I, my beloved?"

Erestor felt confused; what did Elrond want from him? He nodded, uncertain of what he had just consented to, and then felt agile fingers wrap themselves around his member. "Oh, yes, please..."

Elrond smiled, coyly, and used his other hand to guide Erestor.

Erestor quickly caught on, curling his fingers around Elrond's hard flesh.

"Slowly," Elrond said, "There is no rush."

Swallowing hard, Erestor nodded once, and it didn't take them long to establish a slow, comfortable rhythm, stroking the other toward a shattering orgasm. "I love you so much," he purred, his body preparing itself for the wave of release that would shortly course through it.

"I love you as well," whispered Elrond, who claimed Erestor's lips. He waited for his lover to part lips and teeth and then explored the moist cavern most thoroughly. The next move came rather natural to him, and he rolled Erestor onto his back. Straddling his lover's upper legs, he leaned in closer and teased Erestor's nipples into hardness.

Experiencing sensory overload, Erestor came first, and his arms came up behind Elrond, instinctively crushing the half-Elf against him. "Oh, Elrond..."

Hearing Erestor purr his name in that manner, made Elrond come as well. Warm cream dripped from Erestor's stomach area and he hugged his beloved close. They had to clean up in a moment, but for now he was going to savor Erestor's presence. "I love you," he whispered, tenderly.

Erestor's eyes sparkled with love and contentment, and for one brief moment he thought he saw another person in the corner of the room, just behind Elrond, but what would a stranger be doing in his rooms? Or can it be... Could it possibly be Lórien? Just in case he wasn't imagining things and the Vala was present, he thought; Thank you. Thank you for making me see the truth and embrace it. Erestor however, wasn't prepared to receive an answer.

It is about time that you realized the truth, Erestor. You were driving me insane!




Licking... More licks... Nibbling as well... More licking... Oh, sucking too... Glorfindel blinked, slowly returning to awareness. A most pleasant sensation spread through his body, starting in his groin area and then making its way to his fingertips and little toes.

Licking again... Teasing the enflamed head of his erection... Tongue brushing against his entrance... Glorfindel parted his legs, giving his lover more room to work with. Still half asleep, he was a slave to these licks.

Soft purring... And then warmth descended onto the head of his member... Engulfing him and making him buck hard... More pressure... Sucking again... "Oh..." Abandoned to the sensation, he allowed for a pillow to be pushed beneath his buttocks.

Warm, moist and demanding... More sucking, teasing the slit... One finger pressed against the entrance to his body and in his relaxed state the intruding digit easily slid inside... only to be removed again.

His eyes had closed again, and his body hummed with the need for release. Then, quite suddenly, hard, slick flesh slid inside him. The thick shaft buried itself inside him, and then the pounding started. Thorough, deep and hard – just the way he loved it.

"Ah, Glorfindel..." Legolas raised himself above Glorfindel, pushing his lover deeper into the mattress. "I love you."

Glorfindel nodded; the almost brutal pounding had long given away the identity of his lover. Legolas loved to take him in this way first thing in the morning. Absentmindedly, he registered that he had to be back in his own body then. Opening his eyes, he met Legolas' azure ones and simply enjoyed the sight and sensation of being claimed.

Driving himself deep into his lover's welcoming body, Legolas briefly paused. He was too close to finding release and he wanted them to last. "Wrap them around me."

Glorfindel complied at once, wrapping his long legs around Legolas' waist, allowing his lover to penetrate him deeply. Legolas' fingers pinched his nipples, making him moan needily. "Stop... playing... with me..."

"I have just started, my love," said Legolas, wickedly.

"Oh...Oh... Oh, yes!" Glorfindel tried to answer each of Legolas' hard thrusts with one of his own and he surrendered to his lover, to the brutal pounding that brought ecstasy to every cell in his body. His eyes widened, his body tensed and then relaxed, finally finding release.

The hot cream hit Legolas' belly and the golden-haired Elf grinned, pleased with this achievement. Pistoning in and out of his lover's body, he reached his orgasm a moment later. He leaned in closer and claimed the flesh just above Glorfindel's collar bone, suckling it until he was certain the mark would show and then buried his teeth in the tender flesh.

Glorfindel's eyes showed surprise. Legolas had been possessive before – which he loved – but had never marked him above the collar. That mark would show for quite some time!

Softening inside his lover now that his passion had been spent, Legolas pulled out and collapsed atop of Glorfindel. "I know you wanted to wait until Elrond made this official, but I couldn't wait... I wanted you... Needed to make you mine again."

Glorfindel – still in the throes of passion – only heard bits and pieces of what Legolas was saying. "Elrond? Official?"

"Yes, future husband of mine. Hopefully Elrond will make this official tonight." Legolas stroked Glorfindel's face gently, puzzled by the shocked expression there. "What?"

Glorfindel's breath caught, finally realizing Legolas was wearing a ring. One quick check told him that he was wearing one too. Erestor? What did you do?




"Erestor!" Glorfindel didn't bother to knock and simply marched into the advisor's office. "What did you do?" He slammed the door close behind him after finding Erestor seated behind his desk, doing the paperwork that had piled there during these last few days.

Erestor looked up from the report he was reading and gave Glorfindel a stunning smile. "Aren't you pleased to be back in your body, Glorfindel?"

"Of course I am pleased, but what did you tell Legolas? And why am I wearing this ring?" He raised his hand, showing it to Erestor. "You can't be serious! There is a reason why I never wanted this to happen!"

"And what might that be?" Erestor remained calm and controlled, and gestured for Glorfindel to take a seat opposite him. "He loves you, you know."

"I know he loves me!" Glorfindel pouted, crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared at Erestor with a furious expression in his eyes.

"Then explain the problem to me, because I don't see one." Erestor leaned back into his chair. After waking up in Elrond's arms and experiencing such intimacy with the half-Elf his outlook on life had changed drastically and he was determined to approach problems differently. Erestor had the feeling that Glorfindel was creating problems when there weren't any in the first place!

"Erestor, think! Legolas is Thranduil's heir! What if the Woodland Kind decides Legolas has to sire an heir in turn? How is he to do that when he is married to me?"

"Ah, so that has been troubling you." Erestor smiled, amused. "Thranduil already has an heir. Why demand a grand son? Glorfindel, this is no problem."

Glorfindel averted his eyes, staring at his hands, which lay idly in his lab. "It is true that Legolas never mentioned that Thranduil had demanded a grand son."

"Ah, so you see. No problem at all." Erestor's smile broadened. "Enjoy being with Legolas, Glorfindel. He loves you dearly."

"Yes, you probably know a lot about him by now," said Glorfindel, shifting on the chair uncomfortably.

"Don't worry. It only happened once. And Legolas took himself. I didn't have much choice in the matter."

"He mentioned me wanting to wait until Elrond had made our union official." Glorfindel grinned. "It was a good thing Lórien switched us back last night. You might have experienced a very penetrating morning if he hadn't."

Erestor had the grace to blush, being reminded of his own little adventure with Elrond this morning. "Elrond already told me that he would conduct the wedding ceremony this evening and has asked me to be present as a witness."

"I am still not certain this is the right thing to do," muttered Glorfindel, fumbling with the ring on his finger. "He is a Prince, Erestor, royalty. And what am I? A battle-scarred warrior."

"I never thought your self-esteem was this low," said Erestor, thoughtfully.

"Well, things change when one dies." Glorfindel shrugged, helplessly. "But you have steered my life into a certain direction and I can't undo the proposal. Legolas and I will be wed this very evening."

"Glorfindel, trust me. This is the right thing to do." Erestor rose from his chair and covered the distance between them. Lowering himself onto his heels, he claimed Glorfindel's hand, running a fingertip over the ring. "I would never have proposed to Legolas if I wasn't completely certain I was doing the right thing."

Glorfindel swallowed hard. "You have changed. I remember talking to you only a few days ago and you seemed... repressed, suffering and unhappy. Now your eyes sparkle with joy and love shines from your eyes. I reckon Elrond and you talked?"

"We did more than just talk," Erestor revealed, blushing to the roots of his hair. "I don't know how you managed this, but Elrond told me he loved me. He... showed me."

Glorfindel rubbed Erestor's fingers, which were trembling nervously at this point. "You are happy, then?"

"Very much so," said Erestor, giving Glorfindel a grateful look. "Thank you for doing this for me."

Glorfindel sighed. "I should thank you in turn for proposing to Legolas. I would never have dared to do so myself."

"Lórien helped both of us to fulfill our heart's desire," said Erestor in a wistful tone. "I have Elrond's love and you..." In an effort to express his gratitude, Erestor leaned in closer and pressed a chaste kiss onto Glorfindel's lips. "Legolas and you will be very happy."

"We already are," replied Glorfindel, blushing slightly now that Erestor had kissed him on the lips. "And Legolas and I will be your witnesses when Elrond proposes to you."

Erestor chuckled softly. "I will hold you to that!" For now, he was perfectly happy, and he hoped it would stay this way.




Hidden from the Elves' view, Lórien stood in the corner of Erestor's study. Now that everything was right again in Imladris, his presence was no longer needed and he hurried home – hurried home to his own love -- Estë.
Chapter end notes: March 2004