Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Elrond's POV

I held my human son as he slept soundly. My thoughts drifted back to the first time I had met the prince. Sighing I kissed the top of Estel's head and let the reverie take me back in time.




I followed the prince to a spacious and ornate library. He asked if I needed anything before he left. I looked about the library and was shocked. I had never known Tranduil to be the scholarly type. I heard the door open and saw Legolas enter carying a tray followed by his sister. Trianna smiled warmly at me before tossing a few logs onto the fire. Legolas poured himself and I a glass of fragrant wine.

"What does Imladris look like milord?" Trianna asked me brightly.

"Trianna..." Legolas hissed warningly.

She frowned slightly. "Ada won't be here anytime soon and well you know it! It is up to us to keep him entertained!"

"Entertained yes but badger and interrogate no." Legolas sipped at his wine while glaring at his kid sister playfuly.

"I am not interrogating him you orc!" Trianna tossed a pillow at her brother which he easily doged.

Legolas look positivily embarrassed. "Milord I am sorry...We wil go if you wish."

I laughed lightly. "Nay, tis ok. You remind me of my sons and daughter. Imladris is built into the side of a cliff over looking a waterfall."

Trianna sighed dreamily at this image. Legolas rolled his eyes at his sisters dreamy look.

"Forgive her milord I think my parents dropped her on her head when she was a babe."

"LEGOLAS!!!!" came the outraged shriek.

I laughed at the panicked look on the prince's face. "Please call me Elrond."

Trianna got up and hugged me positivly delighted before leaving. Legolas sank down into a chair smiling and shaking his head. I was confused as to why Trianna left.

"Tis time for her archery lesson." Legolas said correctly interpreting Elrond's unspoken question.

"Ahhhh. I see."

They smiled at one another before chatting about the Last Alliance, about Oropher's and my involment.




I awoke early the next morning still holding my son. Aragorn looked so peaceful asleep that I didn't have the heart to wake him. But I had to get up and knowing my son he would wake the minute I moved. I gently slipped out of bed and stood, sure enough he came awake.

"Ada?" he mumbled.

"I am here." I sat next to him.

"Cold..." he mumbled half asleep.

I pulled the blankets around him and securly tucked them in. He sighed and snuggled deeper into the bed. Thankfully he fell back to sleep. I stood and went into the bathroom tho get ready for the day.




After bathing and dressing I went to check on the prince. He was awake when I entered the room. I saw confusion and conflicting desires in his eyes. Did he have similar feelings for me? Does he feel as guilty as I? I smiled, albiet quite thinly, and went to check his wounds. True to an elfs nature the wounds were almosaledaled.

"Maybe later on Estel can take out into the gardens. Fresh air and the feel of grass beneith your feet will make you feel so much better." I say avoiding his eye

I turn to leave but he grabs my hand and forces me to look at him. Turning I see to many thigs in his eyes.

"Do you love me?" he was as straight forward as ever.

"I think so." I whisper tearing my eyes away.

"Then why do you fight it?"

"Estel loves you Legolas. I will not hurt on.on."

"I love him deeply but I am not in love with him. I am in love with you."

I was stunned by his revelation. So stunned that I did not fight him when he pulled me down to his level. He kissed me fully on the lips and I sighed and deepend the kiss. I vaguely heard the door open, and someone gasped. I tore myself from Legolas and turned to see who was at the door.

It was Estel...my son...