Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

The mountain had defeated them so Gandalf led them to the gates of Moria. Gimli was excited about seeing the fabled dwarven city but Legolas was terrified. He , being an elf, hated dark encolsed caves. His father used the caves inMirkwood to store jewles in had nevere made them live there. But he went in anyways because he had pleged himself to Frodo and to the Fellowship. Argorn could feel the tension coming off Legolas and Gandalf commented on it to him.

"We must keep an eye on Legolas. Elves have been known to go mad when travelling for days through caves such as these." Gandalf said to Aragorn.

Aragorn nodded and vowed he would not strain the elf to much. They walked for three days and two nights. They fought countless Orcs and even a cave troll. But it was on the third day that they lost Gandalf to a Balrog of Morgoth. Legolas felt himself freeze when this ancient demon, and bane of the elves, showed it's self. Is this how Glorfindel felt when he saw the one closing in on his precious Gondolin? They watched Gandalf fight the beast and win but he fell. Boromir grabbed Frodo and Aragorn had to force Legolas to leave. Outside the hobbits collapsed sobbing in grief, and Boromir looked lost to his private pain.

"Legolas get them up!"

Legolas looked around dazed by the firey pain in his chest and he started for the nearest hobbit.

"Give them a moment for pity's sake!" Boromir spat.

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orc. We must make it to the woods of Lothlorien." Aragorn pulled Sam to his feet and went to see Frodo.

They walked untill the edge of Lothlorien could be seen and they ran for it's protection. Upon entering Legolas's pain eased a bit, here were his kinsmen. He was finaly safe for thr time being. He heard a small sound and he yanked out his bow and aimed it when suddenly they were surrounded by elves pointing bows at them. Legolas aimed his bow at Orophin and he glared at Haldir.

Aragorn raised his hands"We need your protection....Haldir o Lorien."

Haldir glared at the dwarf. "The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir sneered.

Gimli growled. "Aragorn these woods are perilous we must go back."

"You cannot go back....Come she is waiting." Haldir turned saw Leglolas and gave him a small smile.

They followed Haldir and his brothers to the very heart of Lothlorien were Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn waited. They stood before the two most powerful elves in all Arda before nightfall. When Galadriel gazed at him he looked away shame flooding his thoughts. Shame at his reaction to the Balrog and shame because he was sleeping with this woman's daughter's husband. She dismissed the fellowship but asked that Aragorn and Legolas stay behind, they did so after reassuring Gimli and Boromir. Galadriel and Celeborn led them to a private study where they all sat in front of a fire.

"It has been awhile since we have seen you last Estel....How do you fare?" Galadriel inquired.

"Fine milady."

Galadriel smiled. "Do not worry so Estel I have seen in my mirror that you will marry Arwen."

Aragorn smiled and inclined his head in thanks for the news. Galadriel turned to look at her husband before standing and bidding them goodnight.

"She is not angry with you Legolas." Celeborn said suddenly.

Legolas frowned and looked shocked.

"You and Elrond are adults and make a fine couple, Our daughter is happy and so our son in law should be to." Celeborn said smiling and standing. "I am to show you two to private quarters.

They followed Celeborn to a nice room and he bade them goodnight. Aragorn rolled his eyes at elves and their blatant invitations. He removed his cloak, boots and weapons as did Legolas. They lay on the single bed and held each other for comfort and safety, they soon drifted off. Legolas awoke hours later with an increasing problem in between his thighs. He sighed as Aragorn shifted in sleep and brushed his leg against his arousal. Legolas started when he felt soft lips kiss his ear followed by a warm tongue. Legolas moaned as Aragorn sucked and nibbled on his ear. He rolled over and pinned the man beneith him.

"Be sure you want this Estel." Legolas growled out before he crushed his mouth against Estel's.