Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel

Elrond thrust Arwen into his study and slammed the doors shut behind him. He was so angry that he shook and he couldn't see straight. Aragorn sat quietly on a couch in a corner and watched his father and love.

"How dare you.......How could you say those things to him? Explain yourself!" Elrond yelled at his daughter.

"I.......I......" Arwen stuttered as she dissolved into tears. She had been horrible and she felt bad now. "I am sorry....."

Elrond sighed and sat behind his desk. "Do not apologize to me. Apologize to him. I understand why you said what you said but it was not your place."

"Not my place? Your my father!" Arwen was agast.

"Yes I am and I am old enough to take care of myself Arwen. Legolas is a fine choice for this mission. I trust him and I know of his skills. Just as I know of Estels skills and abilities, I may not like it but they are the only choices for the journey. The safety of Middle Earth comes before any personal feelings." Elrond stated flatly.

"I care for you, Legolas, and Aragorn. I love all three of you and the thought of them leaving....." Arwen face fell and the tears fell again.

Aragorn stood and knelt in front of her, gently he wiped the tears from her face. "We will watch out for one another.....We will come back to both of you. After this I can claim my throne and only then will I be worthy of you."

Elrond smiled at his foster son and daughter and at the purity of their love. "All will be well my daughter,,,,,,,,I promise." he swore.

Arwen nodded and embraced Aragorn as if she would never let go again.

"I must go and apologize to Legolas...." Arwen stood and was about to leave when her fathers voice stopped her.

"He will be either in the gardens or the forest. He seeks the trees in times of sadness." Elrond informed her. Arwen nodded and left to find him.




Legolas sat in a small clearing surronded on all sides by trees. He had stumbled across it several days ago when his sadness had threathened to overwhelm him. He heard someone softly calling his name and the voice was drawing near. Standing he scouted the area and saw Lady Arwen coming towards him. Frowning he called out his location to her before he sat down. Arwen heard him call out and she followed his voice to a clearing, he was sitting smack in the middle of it. She sat next to him and lowered her head in shame.

"Legolas I apologize for my rude and unforgivable behavior. I was upset that both you and Estel will be leaving on such a dangerous quest. I love my father I only want whats best for him.....And that is you.....alive....n onn one piece......That is why I said those things." she explained.

"I know.....I do understand and if there was another way then I would not go. But I must. I will look out for Estel and he will look out for me. We shall return to you both." He said looking at her seriously.

"He said the same things." Arwen gave a slight smile.

"Did he?" Legolas smiled.

"On this journey you will need comfort.....both of you will. I give you permission to....to...to" Arwen stopped when Legolas laid his hand against her mouth.

"I understand....and I thank you." Legolas gave her a small sad smile.

Arwen smiled and embraced the prince and he returned the hug. They sat there for long minutes not saying anything before they rose and returned to the house.




Legolas returned from his bath to find Elrond looking out the window frowning. Elrond was wearing a light sleeping robe, his hair was flowing and loose about him. Legolas walked up behind his love and wound his arms around Elrond's waist. Elrond laid his head back on Legolas's shoulder sighing as Legolas nibbled on his neck.

"I love you...." Legolas purred into his ear.

"I love you to." Elrond smiled and turned to face his lover.

Elrond kissed Legolas and nipped at his lower lip begging for entry. Moaning Legoals and opened his mouth and sighed as Elrond's tongue swept inside. Legolas fumbled with the fastenings to Elrond's robe only to be stopped by his lovers hands.

"Legolas.......If we don't stop now I won't be able to........." Elrond panted as Legolas nibbled on his ear, He felt warm breath caress his neck as Legolas responded.

"I don't want to stop......take me Elrond........" Legolas offered.

Elrond looked at Legolas with love and wonder in his eyes. "Have you........ever?"

"No....I want you.....Fuck me Elrond....Saes." Legolas undid his robes and let them fall to the floor. The only sound in the room was Elrond's labored breathing as he looked upon what Legolas offered.