No One to Blame But You by Nightley

[Reviews - 0]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Based on the books, as in Elladan and Elrohir were with Aragorn from the Dead Paths onwards. Wasn't actually sure who Elladan was going to end up with when I started writing this. No really, I know it may seem predictable when you get there, but I really didn't have anyone planned when I started writing. Believe it or not this is my first try of writing without smut. Is there something wrong with me when I say I find writing R and NC17 easier?! Oh well... standard drill, not mine, not beta'd, FB welcome.
Aragorn looked at the shining face to his right, trying to be discreet. Even as Arwen approached with the companies of Rivendell and Lothlorien, he couldn't help but feel the pull of emotions to the beautiful creature at his side. One that he longed to take into his arms and kiss senseless. When he had given this love up to make the promises to Arwen he hadn't thought of the pain it would give him. The pain of denying himself his hearts desire, he knew he didn't love Arwen but he had to produce heirs, still... Elladan.

Looking back over the coming elves Aragorn remembered how he had just stopped spending time with his lover, had just cut him out of his life, unable to deal with saying the words to his dearest love.

Oh, he had heard the whispers over Elladan locking himself away in his room, accepting only the company of Elrohir. He wondered if Elladan had told his brother the truth. Their love had been a secret, spoken to no one but he knew the closeness his brother had and wondered.

When the brothers had joined him, with the message of the Dead Paths, his heart had become lighter at the thought that Elladan still loved him enough to make this journey. He had been foolish, thinking that just maybe Elladan would share his body with him, help him find some kind of relief from the stressed of the journey so far.

He had searched for him that last night before entering the Dead Path's. Unsure of where the twins had gone, Aragorn had finally found them with Legolas and Gimli. He had stayed hidden, smiling at the grateful surprise on Gimli's face as the twins treated him in much the manner they would an old friend.

Aching for the closeness of Elladan, his heart had stopped as the topic of conversation became clear to him. Two elves and a dwarf were teasing his old lover about his husband. His husband... Aragorn had felt tears course down his face as he realised that no love for him now dwelt in Elladan's heart.

"There he is" Elladan's excited voice cut through his thoughts. "Riding near the middle. Oh, do you see him Elrohir, do you?"

"Breathe brother, breathe" Elrohir laughed. "I can see him but if you don't breathe and pass out, you won't"

Elladan grinned, not taking his eyes off his husband as the party came closer. Even without Elvish sight Aragorn too could make out the face of the one who had stolen Elladan's heart away from him. Eye's narrowed in jealousy as he watched as the Elf in question looked up, as if sensing Elladan and waved wildly, much to the amusement of the elves riding around him.

"Oh my love...my dearest Erestor" Elladan whispered.

Unable to stand the pain Aragorn looked away from the pure joy on Elladan's face. He turned to go and greet Arwen, but as he was doing so caught Elrohir looking at him.

Elrohir smirked, and Aragorn could clearly read his brother thoughts as the grey eyes seem to pierce through him. So Elrohir did know...

That's what you get for hurting my little brother Elrohir's eyes said.

And if you even think about hurting Arwen, you will pay Aragorn nodded slightly in his acceptance of the blame and the threat.

Turning away he tried to tell himself that heirs really were more important then love. Now if only he could believe it.