Warrior by Mirasaui

Years passed and Lindir and Erestor as a couple were soon taken for granted by most in the Elven realm. The original speculation as to whether their love would last had long since died. But even though they spent much time together, the physical part of their love had not progressed past kisses and warm embraces. Erestor knew that Lindir had been hurt deeply by his former love and needed time to trust again. But slowly things changed, and one morning when they were working peacefully together in the quiet of the library, Erestor presented Lindir with a set of silver rings.

Tears welled in Lindir's eyes as he accepted the gift. But they were tears of joy, not sorrow. He knew Erestor would be true to him, that he, not Cirith was the elf the Valar had meant for him to love. He lifted his hand to the face he knew so well and stroked Erestor's cheek, then placing his hand under his chin, drew the advisor towards him and kissed him passionately.

The betrothal was to last the customary year, and at the end of that time, Lord Elrond would perform the bonding ceremony. It did not take long for the news to spread throughout Imladris and most were happy for the pair. Cirith even wished Lindir the best, and Lindir was able to thank him without the pain that would have crushed him in the past.

The year passed swiftly, and after a beautiful and moving ceremony, Erestor and Lindir were ready to complete their bond. In a secluded glade in the middle of the woods, Erestor took Lindir in his arms and kissed him. "Melin chen, Lindir," ("I love you, Lindir,") he whispered softly, running his hands through Lindir's soft white hair. It felt like silk between his fingers and he marveled at its color, for mixed within the snowy whiteness were strands of silver and gold. "You are as the swan who glides across the water, elegant, graceful." He moved his lips to Lindir's pale throat and the likeness became more apparent as the minstrel arched his neck in response.

"Melin chen, bevae, Erestor. Uireb," ("I love you, too, Erestor. Forever.") Lindir murmured breathlessly as Erestor's lips and tongue brushed against his tender skin, sending a shiver of desire straight to his groin.

Erestor's hands sought to loosen the fasteners of the minstrel's robe and soon he had divested Lindir of the heavy garment, laying it aside on the grass. Lindir's skin shone alabaster in the silvery beams of Ithil's light, and Erestor could not resist running his hands up and down its velvety surface. Lindir moaned at his touch and closed his eyes.

Erestor cradled Lindir gently in his arms and lowered him to the ground. He placed tender kisses on the minstrel's chest, stopping at a rosy nipple to lave it with his tongue. Upon hearing Lindir's gasp, he smiled and began to suckle the tiny nub, causing it to stand at attention like a tiny soldier. When he had finished sampling its delights, he turned his focus to the other one, giving it the same care as its twin.

Lindir could stand it no longer. "I want to feel you," he whispered, fumbling for the clasps of Erestor's dark robe. With nimble fingers, Erestor took it off, then moved on top of Lindir, pressing his chest against his beloved's. Lindir wrapped his arms around Erestor, and smiled. "I have waited so long for this moment, I wish it to never end."

"We will have a lifetime of such moments," Erestor whispered in his ear, taking its tip into his mouth, rubbing his growing arousal against that of his mate's. Lindir arched his hips, trying to increase the contact. "All in good time, Lindir, have patience," Erestor murmured as he felt the minstrel move against him. He tenderly kissed every inch of Lindir that was not covered with fabric until the elf was writhing under him, his blue eyes darkened with desire.

Laces were undone and leggings removed until both were bared to the sky and the stars. Arms and legs entwined as each reveled in the closeness they had denied themselves until now. "Take me, Erestor, make me yours forever," Lindir whispered.

Erestor did. Ithil shone brightly on the lovers as they consummated their love under the stars.