More Than Words Could Ever Say by Alexa Bond

[Reviews - 1]

Printer

Table of Contents


- Text Size +
Story notes: Another fluffy piece... I can't believe this! I'm losing my touch.
This was inspired by the beautiful fanart "Home Again" by Bluespirit [bluespirit@blue-spirit.co.uk]. You can find the artwork here: http://www.blue-spirit.co.uk/art/lotrips/lotrips_artindex.htm
Thanks so much to Carmen who betaed this piece with as much talent, grace and warmth as the other one. You're a real jewel! *hugz*.
Additional beta by Val.
Chapter notes: Set during or after the filming of LOTR. AU obviously.
As he reached over and his hand grasped empty air, Viggo felt a shiver of panic envelop him that forced him to wake up completely. He sat up in bed, his medium length hair standing wildly out to all sides as he searched the room for his missing lover. There. Viggo saw him, standing before the big window in their bedroom, his back turned to him as he gazed out. Viggo felt his heart rate slowly return to normal and the worry lines on his face disappeared as a small smile spread around his lips. Sean looked so beautiful as he stood by the window, his body bathed in the first rays of the sun. He was wearing only tight boxers, and his skin had gotten a light golden color from the summer sun that matched his blond hair wonderfully. He looked like a breathtaking vision from a dream as he stood there, his blond hair reaching his shoulders in unruly locks, his back straight, one hand going to his chin as if he was pondering something as he gazed out on the sunrise over the distant mountains.

Feeling greatly inspired, Viggo reached over to the nightstand on his side of the bed and took out a block of paper and a pen. Pulling his legs up under the covers to support the block, he began to sketch Sean. The noise made Sean turn around and he smiled at him, his smile widening as he saw the block in Viggo's hands. Sean shook his head. He'll never understand how Viggo could ever find him inspiring. They had been together for five years now and he still seemed to be inspired to write about or draw Sean at the strangest of times. Sean recalled a dinner they had shared at a restaurant where Viggo had begun writing on the tablecloth, resulting in Sean buying it from the restaurant.

"Don't move," Viggo pleaded, his eyes and concentration on his block. Sean nodded, though Viggo was probably too caught up in his drawing to see it. Instead Sean turned back to the garden and the sunrise. He had always found nature calming and beautiful but being with Viggo made everything seem so much more poetic and amazing. He saw more beauty and wonder in a sunrise today than he ever had. As so many times before Sean wondered if Viggo was aware of how unique he was, of how special he was. It was like Viggo saw things no one else did, saw a world no one else saw. Sean felt lucky and blessed that he was allowed to share Viggo's amazing world with him.

It was like looking into a burning star, it's light so bright you might be able to see some of it but never all of it; that would be far too much for a mere mortal.

Viggo smiled as he drew, concentrating on the lines and the curves, trying to capture the light effect even though he was merely drawing with pencil. Sean had such patience, such understanding. He would never cease to amaze him. He never complained when Viggo felt he just had to write an idea down, simply had to draw something. He wasn't annoyed when Viggo told him stray thoughts which must make no sense at all to anyone who wasn't inside Viggo's own head and therefore hadn't heard the first ten minutes of discussion which had taken place in there. He always tried to understand whatever Viggo did, tried to get inside his head with a real and genuine interest in any project he started on. His light was inspiring, his touch was always warm, his eyes always shone like stars, and Viggo had never felt a love as real or as sweet as this one. Had never felt at home like he did in Sean's arms.

"All done," Viggo said softly as he rose from the bed, dressed only in boxers. He briefly fought the covers as he moved to Sean, the block in one hand, the pencil dropped on the sheets. Sean didn't turn around but waited for Viggo to come to him. Viggo embraced him from behind, pressing close to him and feeling the chill from Sean's skin. Viggo pressed closer to make him feel the warmth from his own body.

Sean closed his arms around Viggo's and leaned against him, closing his eyes for the briefest of seconds, simply enjoying the touch and the warmth. Then he opened his eyes and took the block from Viggo. He studied the drawing for a moment; it was beautiful, every curve and every line perfected. Did Viggo really see him like this? Sean looked at the drawing again as he searched for words.

"So poetic... " Sean whispered softly.

"That you are," Viggo agreed warmly as he planted a soft kiss on Sean's neck. With his free hand Sean reached over and took hold of Viggo's right hand and slowly brought it to his lips, kissing the sensitive skin on his hand as gently and lovingly as one would a very beloved and unique treasure.

Viggo smiled warmly. Sean had once told him he didn't have the words to say what he meant, that words and pictures where Viggo's thing and not his. That might be, but actions always speak louder than words and Sean's actions never left Viggo in doubt; this was a love too pure and strong to put into words. It was... poetic, perfect...

It was far more than words could ever say.


The End