A Deal Over Brandy by Aprilshowers
Summary: Pippin takes a trip to the Green Dragon to drown out a problem he's been having. However, that problem also came to have a drink.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Merry/Pippin, FPS > Pippin/Merry, FPS > Frodo/Sam, FPS > Sam/Frodo Characters: Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1307 Read: 2889 Published: May 02, 2009 Updated: May 02, 2009
Story Notes:
Have fun....this is my first fic so be nice.... I'm all for the unordinary, so in this fic Pippins more serious than normal. review please!

1. Chapter 1 by Aprilshowers

Chapter 1 by Aprilshowers
Rain was pounding lightly against the barn walls. It was so soft, peaceful, yet he always got a sad feeling listening to it. He lay against a hay pile and let the pokey pieces scratch the back of his neck. Today, Pippin gladly soaked in the sober feeling of the weather and quietly thought over the problem that had been nagging at him for the past month.

Why did he have to smile at him like that? That perfect laugh and bright eyes that crinkled the tiniest bit at the corners. The mischievous grin he always put on when hatching pranks to pull on the girls. Those girls! Why did they persist so much that he get married? They were a major road block that didn't seem to be going somewhere any time soon. Trying to steal his Merry's affection! Damn them! Did Merry seriously want to settle down with one of them or were the smiles just meant to tease them? Pippin hadn't any hint so far as to muster up the courage to tell Merry what he thought. Confusion, unending circles of thoughts going around in his mind. It's not fair! When had he started to become so fixed on Merry, when had this all begun?

'That's IT! No more debating! Maybe a trip to the Green Dragon will get me drunk enough to forget this...even if it just means peace of mind for one night.'

Pippin walked over to a thin cloak he had draped over a stable door and carelessly wrapped it around his shoulders. After a brisk walk in the drizzling rain, Pippin gladly walked into the warm light of the pub. He unwrapped his cloak, draped it over one arm and started walking to a bar stool when r11;

"Hey Pip! There's a seat over here!"

'Of all times...not now... Shit, why didn't I just stay up in the loft'

Pippin thought when he saw his dilemma casually sitting there. Merry sat at the end of a small table by the fire and nearby another table where Frodo, Sam and Rosie were. Rosie giggled and touched Sam's arm lightly. Sam looked a bit put out while eyeing Frodo cautiously and Frodo had a plastered smile stuck on his face. He waved to Pippin as he made his way to the seat by Merry.

"What've you been up to today?" Pippin asked tightly, a bit too nervous.

Merry didn't seem to notice. "Well, basically drinking myself away from boredom here for the last hour or so".

Tapping his foot quickly against the wooden floor and biting his lip Pippin replied with a slight nod of his head. He eyes flitted around the room, not wanting to stare Merry straight in the face.

"Uh, Pip, are you alright?" Merry asked while raising his eyebrows quizzically.

Pippin turned his face in his cousin's direction. Merry was amazing. His wavy brown curls shone in the reflecting firelight and the rich brown eyes sparkled form the ale he'd already drunk. Pippin had a fleeting desire to jump him, but realized he'd been staring at Merry and quickly answered, "I'm fine. A few mugs of ale should get me pepped up in no time"

'Yeah right,' he thought, 'the only thing that would really get me pepped up would be to climb on top of you and run my fingers through that lovely hair.'

"Hey Rosie, hate to tear you away from Samwise," r11;more blushing from Sam- "but would you mind sending two of your best bottles over this way?"

"Sure, I'll be right back."

Merry turned back to Pippin, "How 'bout planning some trick. I've got a few pranks I'd love to try out!"

"Maybe later if you don't mind."

"Oh, come on! What's a matter? You're the one who's usually up to planning this sort of thing."

"I'm really just not in the mood this evening."

"Hmmm....ok then, you've actually been kind of off for the last little while, but how about a little wager to brighten things up?"

"What sort of bet? For what?"

Rosie by this time set down two old wine bottles and then headed straight back for Sam and Frodo.

"Well," said Merry as he popped the cork of his bottle out, "let's bet to see..."

Merry really wasn't great at making up bets. This was another category Pippin specialized better in. Merry's ideas for wagers were usually kind of boring or ordinary, but his younger cousin was ready to go along with anything right now.

"Ummm...let's bet to see......let's bet to see who wins at a few games of cards, does that sound any good?"

"Sure." Pippin said indecisively.

"The loser buys the next two bottles," Merry added.

'Typical,' Pippin thought, 'this should be easy enough to get drunk over. Plus, it'll at least pass the time, I guess."

An hour and a half later, though, Merry had bought four bottles in all and had drunk every last drop of his two. As for Pippin, he'd only drunk half of the first bottle and the other two stood to the side. Merry seemed determined to win a game which was completely unlikely since he was drunk out of his mind. His constant hiccupping and glazed over eyes testified to that.

"So, hic deal out another hic game?"

"Uh, Merry, I think I've won for good, maybe we should quit now."

"What are hic you talking about? I can win hic one." Merry paused and gave a cute stare, head tilted to the left at Pippin. "So what did the loser hic have to do?"

He forgot? Already? Pippin almost answered him immediately to say he had to buy another two bottles, but refrained. More liquor was not the answer. Maybe he should tell Merry he had to let him stick his tongue in his mouth and kiss the hell out of him, but taking advantage of Merry laid down a small guilt trip on Pippin.

"C'mon Merry, I think it's time I walk you home." Pippin put his arm around Merry's waist and lifted him up. He didn't protest just started babbling on how he really could have won if Pippin had only given him five more minutes.

Frodo and Sam had left a while ago and by now the pub was slowly emptying. They walked out into the moist evening air and began walking down the wet cobblestoned lane to Merry's cozy hole.

'What if I just....No! That would be taking advantage. But on the other hand he'd never remember it by morning. Plus, when would he ever get such an opportunity like this again?' They were alone on the road, one drunk and stumbling, the other in an ideal position. 'Well, here's to listening to giving in to the little devil on my shoulder.'

Pippin stopped. Without a second thought or argument with himself, he used his arm around Merry's waist to pull him into a hard kiss. Merry's lips were so warm was Pippin's first thought. Pippin held the limp body there for a few seconds longer as he couldn't help his tongue from wandering softly over Merry's lips. They were soft and tasted surprisingly like honey after he got past the ale taste. Pippin pulled away and searched Merry's face.

Merry's eyes blinked once before his head fell onto Pippin's shoulder. 'Oh great,' sarcasm filling his mind, 'our first kiss and he falls asleep.' Pippin carried Merry down the rest of the lane and explained Merry's condition when he handed him over to his worried sister.

On the way home Pippin couldn't stop the mix of guilt, disappointment and pleasure battling it out in his head. 'Just keep thinking he won't remember. No one that drunk could possibly remember.' An unexpected guilty thought crept into his mind though, 'maybe I should get Merry drunk more often'
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=978