School for Snobs by Hexine
Summary: Legolas is the snob like, obnoxious, prince of Mirkwood who needs to learn how to be a respectful leader and the only person who can teach him is Aragorn.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1670 Read: 4241 Published: May 01, 2009 Updated: May 14, 2009
Story Notes:
I wanted to challenge myself to write about the version of Legolas I dislike so yeah, I thought it'd be fun. It's also my first LotR slash fic, feedback would be appreciated and all mistakes are mine.

1. Chapter 1 by Hexine

2. Chapter 2 by Hexine

Chapter 1 by Hexine
"Ada! Where is my silver bow you said I could have?" Legolas shouted.

"Do not fret my son, your bow will be here shortly, be patient." His father calmly instructed

"But I want it nooowww!!" The prince whined.

"Will it kill you to be patient?" His older brother asked.

"Oh shut up, like I care what you think."

"Why don't you? You're the brat of the family who needs to shut up."

"Whatev, now when shall the bow arive?"

"Shortly my son." His father answered.

"It's soo hard to find good help these days."

"Good help... oh that's it you little brat get over here so I can teach you a lesson." Merilgonas growled, storming over to the young price but before he could beat the crap outta him, there father shook his head instructing him to calm down. Legolas then stuck out his tongue infuriating Merilgonas further, he then left the room muttering about how ashamed he is to have a brother like that.

"My prince, here is your bow of true silver." His servant gave to him.

"Hmm... it is acceptable... but where are the arrows?" Legolas asked.

"Arrows?"

"What?! You didn't make arrows?!"

"You never said arrows, only the bow."

"Ugh, how stupid can my people get? Take him away." And a few seconds later,three very strong guards came out of now where and took the poor, unfortunate elf away never to be seen again. The king sighed, very disappointed then asked his son.

"Why do you treat people so cruelly? They have done nothing to you."

"Like, because I'm the Prince and they're the peasants, dirty peasants indeed." The prince said in an obnoxious tone.

"My son, if you are to be the ruler one day, you must learn to treat everyone with respect and kindness otherwise your people will despise and polt against you!"

"Like they'll ever do that, they love me."

"Oh really? Have you seen the way they glare at you?"

"Hmm... not really but I think because I always look at myself in the mirror when I'm in the open."

His father smacked his forehead then continued "No one loves a self absorbed prince no matter what the circumstances."

"Meh, whatever, I'm going to relax in the spring for a while, see you later, ada." Legolas then walked down the corridor and out of sight. The king thengot a piece of paper and ink, he started to write a message to the one person who could set his son onto the right path.

Dear Aragorn,

I write to you because I am in great need, my son is going down the wrong path and must be set straight. He is self absorbed, obnoxious, rude and the biggest narcissist that ever walked the face of Middle Earth.

It pains me to write such nasty things about my own flesh and blood but what must be said must be said. I'm going to send him to Rivendell and to you so you can teach what it means to be a man, please get this message ASAP because the situation gets worse by the minute.

I shall give you ten days to respond to me, maybe more because I really do need you to help me and most importantly, Legolas.

From Thranduil

He then sent out a messenger hoping that Aragorn will
receive and send out his respose because as said in
the letter, the situation is getting worse per day and
by now per minute.

"Ada!! Where are the fluffy white towels that I neeeed?"
Legolas whined.

"Why don't you get it yourself spoilt one?" Merilgonas shouted from a far.

"Shut up brother!"

There father sighed then thought "May the god's let Aragorn get that message soon.." He then said aloud to the youngest prince.

"I'll come in a minute!"

"But I want it nooowww!!" The prince whined.

Both he and Merilgonas sighed in annoyance, his got Legolas the towel while the eldest one tried to repress his anger and let it out during the battles he fought.
End Notes:
I know there's no slash but there will be once Legolas and Aragorn meet which shall be soon I promise!
Chapter 2 by Hexine
Dear Thranduil,

I have read your letter of concern and it also worries me deeply for I remember when he was just a little elfling, carefree and happy. It would be an honour to take in young Legolas and teach him what it means to be a leader, a respectful one at that as well.

I am praying that this message gets to you safely for I shall be waiting in Rivendell.

- Aragorn

As the king put down Aragorn's letter, he smiled happily knowing that his son will soon be sent away to be taught how to become a better person. It was dawn when that letter arrived and Legolas was not up just as normal, those are the times when his father can relax and prepare himself for another long and hard day putting up with him.

But unlike most mornings, he went quietly into Legolas' room, the sun was shining very softly on the young prince's pale face showing the innocent beauty that's always hidden during the time when he is awake. His father gently nudged him until he awoke, for a few moments he seemed like the perfect and reasonable son he's been longing for but that all came crashing down in an instant.

"Ada! You know better than to not wake me this early, what gives you the right to do so?" Legolas asked angrily forgetting that his father has more power over him.

"Well firstly, I'm your Ada and I am in charge of you and secondly, you're being sent to Rivendell to be taught how to be a proper prince and to be rid of your selfish ways, start packing for you leave soon."

Legolas' was in shock, his mouth open as if he were to say something but nothing came out. His face grew more pale since he's never left the comfort of his palace so it'll be a very unique experience that he didn't want. He turned to the King, his blue eyes begging to stay here but his father shook his head sadly and instructed him to get packing. But just as he was about to give in, Merilgonas burst through the door with an expression of pure joy and happiness for his brother's departure.

"Ada, is it true? Is he leaving and never coming back?" Merilgonas excitedly asked

"Tis true that he's leaving but he shall return a better person." His father answered

The other older brother laughed for Legolas' pain then said to him:

"Finally, a dose of reality for the little one, now you'll know the joys of the real world, have fun!"

"Oh like you're so perfect? Like your the only one who's never had a single fault or acted badly. Well, your not so I suggest you get that pole of arrogance that's shoved up your ass removed 'cause we'll be better off." Legolas' then got up and smirked at the expression on his brother's face before leaving the room and when he walked out, his father rolled his eyes and thought:

"At least he can stand up for himself." Then he too walked out of the room for breakfast but as for Merilgonas, he shook his head in disbelief and walked out as well still in shock that his brother finally made him speechless.




About two hours later when breakfast was over and after Legolas finished packing his bags,
he sat down on his bed and began to think of what will lie ahead for him on his own journey and most importantly, who will his teacher be since his father would not say, he'd rather keep it as a surprise.

Legolas sighed then walked out the door leading into the corridor, beautifully carved white marble walls long with the floor encrusted with amethyst is a sight to behold by anyone outside the royal family but to the young prince, it was normal and nothing special. He then went outside to the stables where his father and brother were waiting for him to say there farewells and wish him the best.

"My son, I am wishing you luck for the long road ahead will be perilous and rough but with Aragor-"

"Aragorn?!' Legolas spat 'I would rather die that be taught by the likes of him, why Ada, why?"

"I knew you'd react like this, yet that's exactly why I chose him to be your teacher since he'll teach you the right ways." Thranduil said coldly.

"But Ada, surely you wouldn't put me, your most beloved son in the hands of a human?" Legolas said forgetting his much stronger brother Merilgonas was there.

"Ok, I'm going to put this in simple terms even you can understand, firstly, Ada cares about both of us, not just you and your narcissistic mind, both of us and secondly, no one gives a damn whether you are taught by a human, we'd even send you to a monkey if Aragorn wasn't available so I suggest you get your butt on the horse and go until you're in the hands of a human. Got it?"

Legolas remained silent until his father spoke.

"My son, 'tis not important whether you are in the hands of a human so please, for you own sake, put aside your prejudice and go to Rivendell because it will make you happier in the end."

The young prince sighed in defeat the said "I cannot go against your word so I shall go whether I will like it or not for I know that you and everyone else will treat me with greater respect."

"That is better, now off you go for you have a long way to go."

Legolas bowed his head in respect and hopped on the white stallion that was waiting, he waved goodbye to his father and brother and then rode off into the distance but little did his family know that he was going to make the life of Aragorn miserable no matter what the cost.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=970