All His Dreams by Cassie Rhodes
Summary: After Legolas arrives in Valinor, he succumbs into a depression over Aragorn's death. Galadriel casts a spell on him to sleep unnoticed forever. After years pass, Aragorn is reborn, haunted by something unremembered. Will he be able to awaken Legolas?
Categories: FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1739 Read: 2750 Published: March 17, 2009 Updated: March 17, 2009

1. Chapter 1 by Cassie Rhodes

Chapter 1 by Cassie Rhodes
Prelude

Legolas and Gimli were sailing the ocean, on a ship he had built. Built so he could forget Aragorn. Aragorn who's ashes had been blown to the wind as he was burned on a kingly bier. Aragorn who had impaled himself, rather than waste to a frail shell. Not considering how others-no how the people who loved him would feel. No, Legolas chided himself. He shouldn't be angry, bitter. He new this day would come, and he should have realized it would be soon. It had been months since Aragorn had bedded him. It had been years since his hair wasn't white with age. Legolas had just tortured himself in loving the man. It seemed as if he had been grieving for Aragorn for years. But it had only been weeks. Death aged him. Though his face would never show it.

"Watch it lad!" Gimli shouted. Legolas had just moved the sail a bit, and they went about in circles.

Legolas righted the sail. "Forgive me Gimli, I was day dreaming." He bowed his head deeply grieved.

"Oh for Valor's sake. It's just a sail!" Gimli was impatient with Legolas, he had seemed so unlike himself lately, and Gimli couldn't stand it.

Legolas flinched at the comment, and Gimli's face softened. "Now Master Elf, what's truly the matter? Does Lord Aragorn's death still grieve you so?"

"Sadly so Gimli, though I know I should be moving on a little bit." Legolas sighed again. Turning his eye towards the sea. They turned a stormy gray, like they had been for a long time now.

"Well, I suppose you deserve a little more time-to grieve I mean. You were closer to him than I was. Maybe even closer than Arwen was. Now don't pretend to be startled elf. I know what you shared. I am fine with it."

Legolas was still staring at the sea, but there seemed to be bit of humor in his frame. "So observant is the dwarf hmm? Silent as a fox too isn't that what you said?" He was referring to their run-in with Haldir, of course. He chuckled a bit and turned to look at the dwarf. His eyes said he was trying.

"Something like that laddie." Gimli sighed, and the pair fell silent. Gimli wondered if the Havens would help his elf. He didn't even dare to hope so. Chapter One




Two months Later

Is it nice to be composed of leather and paper?

Do you feel, my steadfast companion? I've had you for a millennia, and you keep getting thicker. Soon I shall have to add you to my old collection, and get a new.

But I am wary of putting you away. You hold all of my tales of Aragorn.

By the Valor, I'm pitiful. The great archer Prince, Legolas son of Thranduil, he can't go five minutes without thinking of Aragorn.

Oh, how I miss him.

Others (especially Gimli) say I am growing thinner and paler by the day. I don't think so. I see myself, as I always was. I am a littler sadder, and a little wiser. But I am still me. I'm an elf, forever beautiful, forever strong, forever unchangeable.

If only my life weren't made of forevers.

Legolas.


They were in a dancing, and eating hall. Just another revelry. These happened often, but were joyful, nonetheless. While most of the elves danced, to one of Bilbo Baggins old compositions (Something about an old hobbit legend. Probably dragons, knowing Bilbo.), some, like Prince Legolas sat at the table finishing up a meal of fowl and root vegetables. Galadriel watched Thranduil's youngest son eat. He was pushing his food around like an elf-child. Sometimes he would put a bit of something in his mouth, take a sip of wine, but nothing more. He was thin, and his muscles were waning. Although he mostly practiced with his arrows and bows. He did hard labor also.

Poor child, she thought, he never lets himself be weak.

Legolas watched the dancers, his sister Tanrothiel (Who was sharing a flirtation with Haldir at the moment) was dancing with a tall dark haired elf, from Rivendell. While Haldir glowered at the pair in the corner. This caused the prince to smile a little. The first time this week, thought Gimli. He watched his friend with concern, as he had been doing ever since they reached the havens two months ago. Legolas was dying, it had to be said, though no one admitted it. The wind would blow him over, if only it wanted too.

Gimli looked across the dance floor, where Galadriel was staring at Legolas also. The concerned friends eyes met. Galadriel gestured to a small balcony on the right, and Gimli stood, and walked away.

Legolas glanced at Gimli as he skirted the leaping dancers, giving a reassuring smile. Gimli smiled back, without Legolas noticing, his eyes on his plate again.

The curtains he moved out of his way were dark green trimmed with gold, and the tiled floor he stepped upon had patterns of roses without thorns.

"Evening Gimli, son of Gloin." Lady Galadriel smiled at him. Her eyes grave.

"Good evening lady."

"I see you also fear for our young prince." She brushed a stray golden hair from her eyes.

"Yes, I don't know what to do about him. He's in denial over his sickness, and refuses to forget Aragorn!" Gimli shouted the last few words. He stood taller, and was bristling for a fight.

"No need to shout Master Dwarf." Lord Elrond stepped into the alcove, Haldir, and Tanrothiel coming in behind him, their hands clasped.

"We are all worried over my brother." Tanrothiel's voice was high and clear. Her face the more feminine version of Legolas', except she had dark brown eyes. "Is there anything you can do lady?" She questioned.

"I know of many things, but I need time, I think I remember one spell,-that although may not please us entirely-will give him all his dreams." Lady Galadrial smiled sadly to herself.

"Yes, well his happiness comes first." Taranthiel stated, with a protective look.

"Always the older sister mellon" Haldir looked at her, and kissed her cheek. Slowly each person left one at a time.




Three weeks later

She had searched through almost every book in the havens. Galadriel was close to giving up, she had gone through so many books, her head was spinning. She had barely done anything but read these past three weeks. Her eyes ached, and she craved rest. But there were only four (or so) books left. So she decided to continue.

Galadriel opened a thick heavy bound book, it was extremely old, and had probably been in Valinor since the First Age. On the cover it read:

'Journal Of the Scholar Adumon'

Galadriel opened the first page, and found nothing but a lengthy ten pages about the scholar. On the eleventh was a table of contents, which went as such;

'Part One: Medicine

The Study of Herbs................pg.1

The Study Of Plants..............pg.157

The Uses of Herbs..................pg.322

The Uses of Plants.................. pg.500


Part Two: Magic

Black & White Magic............... pg.700

Magic's Uses..............................pg.1000

Spells............................................pg.2000

Part Three: Herbs and Magic

Elusive Spells.............................pg.3150'

Galadriel stopped reading, and turned to page three thousand one hundred fifty, it looked prosperous.


'Elusive Spells

Spells such as these are rarely used, and are hardly ever found if you look for them in history. They are hard to perform, and many have died, after performing such taxing tasks. I'm sure there are many more of these elusive spells out there, but in all my lifetime, these are the ones I have come across. As a note, I have never seen them performed, nor have I seen the recipients of the spell.

Pg. 3153- Binding

Pg. 3178- Death's Dream Sleep

Pg. 3190-'

Galadriel stopped reading, and looked back to the second one. 'Death's Dream Sleep', she went to that page.

'Death's Dream Sleep

Note: Although simple, it's an extremely powerful spell, should be used with caution.

Requirements: Someone capable of strong magic

What the magician shall do: Place the receiver of the spell in a magic circle.

Pray to the Valor for protection, and ask to bless the receiver.

Begin this chant:

Death is swift To some it is sweet Dream they may of death, and of peace But keep them out of it's reach, Let them sleep Secluded, untouched Let them lay down Never to rot Give them dreams And show them the world Never to wake Unless they wish it So may it be, Until the world falls.

Place the receiver in a secluded area, and they will be protected for all Time'

Galadriel closed the book, and marked the page. This would be Legolas' fate.





In Middle Earth

A woman was struggling to walk, her swollen belly spasming in labor. Dark sweaty hair stuck to her forhead, and pain-tears leaked from her eyes. A moan escaped her lips, as she crumbled to the ground. She was alone in an alley, in a small village of Gondor. Her husband a lecherous drunk, she had tried to leaves him. But went into labor mid-run. Laena had no family to go to, so she had just run. It didn't seem like it would work out well this time, (She had run away before). She cried out, as a sharp pain ripped through her, she shuddered, and prayed. Not expecting much. She passed out.

An old woman, in fine clothes, and jewelry came upon Laena. She leant down, and cradled the girl, who looked to be sixteen. The woman stroked Laena's hair, and watched as the unconscious body struggled to give birth. Hopurs passed, and the girl woke now and then, but not much was said.

Laena was ready for the baby to come out, and the woman gently shook her awake. "Child, you need to push." the woman said.

Laena just moaned, but she pushed anyway. After three pushes, a little head came out, and the woman pulled out the baby, it was a boy.

"You have a son child. What shall you name him?" The woman asked.

But Laena was cold, pale, and dead.

"Poor thing" She brushed the girl's hair out of her face, and picked up the babe. "I shall call you Aragorn, for a fine king I once knew." She walked off slowly to her large manor in the country.

Thus Aragorn was reborn.

End Chapter One.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=878