Burnt Out by Lennon
Summary: Elven dreams can be rather strange and off-putting
Categories: FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS > Legolas/Haldir, FPS > Haldir/Legolas Characters: Aragorn, Haldir of Lothlórien, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 745 Read: 1975 Published: January 24, 2009 Updated: January 24, 2009
Story Notes:
This one is the weirdest I´ve ever written- But I´m overtired and a little distressed nowadays. It´s been a while since last time I wrote. So let me get used to it again. The next one will be better. If you´re interested nevertheless, there is a real good website with real good slash my dearest Ruilett has designed where she publishes her great stories and lets me get my stuff off as well. Maybe you just check in for a sec?

1. Chapter 1 by Lennon

Chapter 1 by Lennon
They say that elves don´t need sleep to recover their strength. But that´s not always true. Sometimes they need to rest, need to dream, drift away into distant lands, beautiful and scaring like the sea.

So did Legolas that first night after the ring had finally been destroyed.

Most people wondered, how it could possibly be that most of the human beings stayed awake all night to celebrate victory whereas the famnous Legolas, prince of Mirkwood asked for his chamebers like a little child.

But Legolas was beyond exhausted, he was like dead from the inside, felt for the first time all the years that had not yet altered his youth, but changed his soul.

Lying on his bed, hearing the noises from the celebration like the steady calling of the distant sea, Legolas couldn´t help wondering what the others saw in him. Beauty? Skill? Elegance? Maybe even radiance and the eternal light of the elves.

Did anybody see the fear, the hatred, the shame? Did anybody care to know the dark thoughts poisoning his blood, eating him alive?

They did not know. They did not know why he had come to be part of the fellowship. They did not know why he always fought in first line alongside men and even dwarfs.


They did not know that he would have been off for Valinor a long time ago if only he had the permission to leave.

But he stayed. Had to stay as long as he was not forgiven.



Closing his eyes only brought the prince into darkness again, so he kept them open, suddenly not welcoming sleep but fearing it, fearing it as a messanger of death, of the one thing he feared, of the only thing he cared about.


Haldir.


Strands of silver hair in his minds and strands of dark tears on his cheek.


He had failed him.


Had caused his death.


And then there was Aragorn. In his state beyond being awake and still not asleep, Legolas could no longer quite grasp whether it was the real Elessar stroking his cheek or just an image, caused by his desire to hold the king in his arms and kiss the essence of his life out of him.


"I´m dying, Estel." "I know." The kings hand was on the place where there should be a heart. By now, Legolas felt like there was nothing left in his chest, only regrets.


Then the image was gone. Of course it was gone, for why should Aragorn be in this chamber and not in the arms of his beloved?


The dark sea around him grew thicker, threatened to swallow him, seemed to wash away everything he was.


"I don´t want to die". Legolas whispered, though he knew noboody was listening.

"Of course, you want to. Just rest in my arms and let me cheer you,comfort you.

It´s the only freedom there is for you. Flee from the memory, the pain you´ve caused, flee and they will be better off without you."

Haldir´s voice. Yet different, shallow, thin, sweet, too cold."


"What is it with him?" "He is dreaming. Let him be. Sometimes, elves need to sleep. They need their dreams to cope with reality." "He looks so... pale." "There really is nothing to worry. I´m sure he will be as usually tomorrow. Let´s leave again. I just thought I´d be here in time to wish him a good night."

Voices from far away. More unreal then the waves carrying him.

Good night, good night. Say good night, my dear.

There was Aragorn again, this time naked beneath his own body, the face lost in extasy, his eyes closed. Heat. Legolas had longed so very much for the feeling of the other´s body, that he was dazed by Aragorn´s hand on his back.

"Say good-night, my dear." "What?" "Fuck me into unconsciusness and then say good night yourself."

It was Aragorn´s voice, but the man´s lips had not moved. Legolas wanted to kiss him, but then again Aragorn´s body was lying smashed on the battle field and Legolas was too late to catch his last breath.


"Make it go away."

The elf was lying all camly on his bed, he seemed to be asleep and peacefully so.

Nobody could anticipate any of the darkness surronding him. Nobody knew about the reason, Legolas Greenleaf would never go over sea at all.
End Notes:
Author´s second note: Alright. So much about that. If anybody cares, I can continue and explain the hints, if not I leave it as it is.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=648