Necessary Deception by Becky Hoadley
Summary: Aragorn and Arwen are married in order to prevent the homophobic public from dethroning him or worse and to produce and Heir. He and Legolas are lovers, and Arwen had a female lover herself.
Categories: FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: Aragorn/Legolas plotbunny
Challenges: Aragorn/Legolas plotbunny
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1160 Read: 1376 Published: December 31, 2008 Updated: December 31, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Becky Hoadley

Chapter 1 by Becky Hoadley
He bit down on the back of his hand to stifle the whimper. Aragorn was not trying to hurt him and no good would be served from him more aware of it than he had to be. No purpose that is, save making him feel guilty.

They had arrived at Gondor with Arwen and her lady in waiting 2 months ago. In that time Arwen and her lover had been seen little outside of meals, and when they ate together Aragorn teased her mercilessly. The King and Queen had a warm loving relationship.

It was no doubt that ease and true if platonic love , that allowed them to deceive the kingdom. Had anyone looked beyond the surface of the marriage. Realized that the Queen and King of Gondor each had a lover of the same sex. . . It would have been the end of Aragorn's rule, and quiet possibly their lives.

Yet for whatever reason, no one looked deeper. Even when Legolas had been injured in the defense of the city walls against a random band of orcs and asked for Aragorn in disorientation and confusion had they realized there could be more beneath the surface of the relationship than the bond of friendship formed in the trials of the quest for the ring.

"Shhhhh. Easy love" Aragorn muttered to him under his breath and turned to look at Arwen . She nodded and came silently forward and gently pried the elf's hands away from his face and holding his wrist in a loose, absolutely unbreakable grasp and held them to the bed. Fortunately for her Legolas had been significantlyweakened by blood loss. Arwen was strong, as were all of her ancestry., but Legolas was an elf as well. Under normal circumstances he would have been able to break free from her.

With Legolas safely restrained and no longer gnawing his hands bloody the King braced one hand on Legols' knee and with a quick smooth motion pulled the blade from his thigh. How he had managed to have his leg run through with a two handed broadsword was beyond any of them, including the elf in question.

As the blade slid free Legolas whimpered and tensed. Arwen leaned further over him.

"Look at me Legolas." She said firmly. He obeyed instinctively, opening blue eyes and locking them on hers.

"The worst is over. Try to relax, he's almost done."

It was the matter of a few minutes to get the wound bound up and bleeding under control. Legolas would be fine by morning if not sooner. He was asleep before the bandage was tied, deeply asleep., eyes closed. "He'll be fine" Arwen soothed her distraught husband.

"I know" He said running a hand through unkempt hair. "I swear I wish he would find something to do that didn't involve putting himself in such danger. There is no need for him to actually be out there!"

"Estel" she cut him off smoothly. "You could no more prevent him from taking an active role than you could stop him from loving you. It is who he is. He will not sit by idly and send others into danger" "Which is exactly what I do."

"No. You rarely sit idle my husband" She said with a chaste kiss on the cheek. "In fact I would dare say that you are the busiest of men."

He chuckled weakly. "That I am. " he paused. "How is Elandriel? I have seen very little of her since our arrival here."

"You have seen very little of anyone since we arrived in Gondor." She reminded him " She is.--confused. and a bit resentful of the necessity for deception."

"Aren't we all." Aragorn said with a faint edge of bitterness. "Except perhaps Legolas." she said fondly tucking an errant lock of hair behind his ear.

"Legolas is too shell shocked by the drastic change of living among men, and too relieved to no longer being abused at every turn to resent very much."

"Yes." Was the simple reply. "He reminds me of a lost puppy often."

"Except when he's fighting. No. That's not right" he stopped himself. "To be fair to Legolas he is stronger and more independent than any man I have ever met as well as the most resilient. I tend to underestimate him because I know of his past and many tend to underestimate him because he looks fragile. Many have also learned that can be a deadly mistake."

They were silent for a while watching Legolas sleep and lost in their own thoughts. Aragorn just worrying about his lover and friend, Arwen remembering how much he had despised Legolas when he'd met him and for so many years afterward. What a difference a new prospective could make. . . "Estel. . ."

"Hmm?"

"You realize that we're going ot have to. . ." She trailed off, embarrassed. "Have to what?"

She sighed. Men could be so . . .thick sometimes. "Your heir is not likely to be borne by Legolas, nor am I likely to conceive without a man."

"Ah. Yes." He said and cleared his throat. "How are we ?"

"You surprise me. " She said dryly. "I would not have thought it possible for a man to reach your age and not have at least a basic understanding of reproduction."

He swatted at her playfully. "That wasn't what I meant and you know it."

"Yes I suppose that I do. What do you suggest we do about it?"

"Drugs? Alcohol?" He suggested helpfully, but jokingly.

"That actually isn't a bad idea. . ." She said thoughtfully. "Father could probably. send something. ..."

"Well then I guess you have yourself a date." he said with a smile.

"Or several. This could take some time you know."

"Arwen I realize I need an heir but it is your body. . . are you sure you want"

"YES!" she said empathically. "I adore the idea of having children Elessar. I adore you and can think of no one I'd rather have be the father."

"Children?" he asked slightly empathizing the plural. "You want more than one."

"Very much. Besides we may not get a boy the first time." her eye held an impish twinkle as she spoke.

"YOu realize your lover is not going to be thrilled." He didn't like the woman overly much but it wasn't his relationship or his place to say.

"She can deal with the reality of the situation or she may leave" There was steel beneath that soft voice. "I certainly enjoy her company and I do care about her but we have not the bond that you and Legolas share. I will not allow her to compromise the harmony of this household."

"I hear she's rather hard on the housekeeping staff."

"She is a spoiled brat ."

"Yes" Aragorn said as they moved to the door. "But a beautiful one."

"Hmmm. I'll send word to father."
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=518