Baiting Glorfindel by Chaotic Binky
Summary: Erestor and his friends taunt Glorfindel and it's too much for him to take; when he reacts, things get worse before they get better.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Erestor/Glorfindel, FPS > Glorfindel/Erestor Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4314 Read: 4078 Published: November 12, 2008 Updated: November 12, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Chaotic Binky

Chapter 1 by Chaotic Binky
'Quick they're coming' Melpomaen shouted to Erestor and Lindir who were sitting with their feet up on a table in the middle of the library.

They both ran over to the balcony where Melpomaen was standing and peered over the balustrade. A line of warriors jogged neared with Glorfindel holding up the rear. As they passed underneath the balcony they were subject to a barrage of saucy comments from the three and they were returned in kind. Glorfindel shouted an order for them to keep running and keep their mouths shut.

'I love doing that' giggled Erestor as they walked back into the room 'Glorfindel went so red and angry I thought he would burst an artery'

Lindir was outright laughing 'He runs like an elleth'

'Last time we did this I bedded two of them in one night' announced Melpomaen.

'What, separately or....?' asked a very curious Erestor.

'No together' Melpomaen interrupted with a wink.

'So how does that work?' enquired Lindir.

The other two groaned and Erestor said 'Someone get the elf two friends...please!'

'We are his two friends' Melpomaen said slyly to Erestor, who sniggered – they both looked at Lindir.

'You two can bugger off' smirked Lindir 'you're not my sort at all. The bigger the better for me'

'Oh well!' said Melpomaen 'they do another lap in about twenty minutes; lets wait for them'

They trooped back over to the balcony but this time the warriors ran with their heads down and Glorfindel glared at the three daring them to say anything.

'I hear that Glorfindel has buns like a soft ripe peach' Erestor called loudly.

'I could sink my teeth into his juicy peach' yelled Lindir.

That was it; the warriors couldn't keep in line and started to howl with laughter; however they still managed to run on. Glorfindel glared at the three and ran on.

The friends went back into the library hysterical with laughter.

'We are in so much shit now' said a doubled up Melpomaen wiping the tears from his face.

The other two looked at him and continued their cackles of laughter until they had worn themselves out.

After training, Glorfindel stormed into Elronds office and told him of the events of the morning.

'So deal with it Glorfindel' Elrond said with a degree of exasperation – it wasn't the first time Glorfindel had complained about the three and he seemed especially angry about Erestor.

'My Lord' expounded Glorfindel 'my troops are harassed and Melpomaen and Lindir led astray by this devil'

Elrond said that he thought this was a bit harsh but he still felt Glorfindel should deal with it himself.

Glorfindel stormed out in a fit of pique and slammed the door behind him.

Elrond sighed – when would Glorfindel and Erestor admit their feelings for one another and stop acting like elflings he wondered.

Glorfindel needed to calm down and so decided to go down to the communal spa pools in the bathing house – he knew they would be deserted at that time of day and so he could soothe himself by floating in a hot pool that was already full and much larger than the one in his own rooms.

He made his way out of the house and walked down to the bath house – it was then that he saw that Erestor had had the same idea and was already walking through the bath house door. Glorfindel felt an instant surge of anger – wherever he went that damn elf was there!

He turned back and bathed in his own room.

Later that evening, Glorfindel went to the Hall of Fire for his dinner, sat down and was immediately delighted at the menu. He couldn't believe it – every one of the foods he most liked to eat was there – his mood was considerably lightened.

Erestor sat beside him, in his normal place, there was nothing he could do about this and so he made conversation with the elf sitting to the other side of him.

'Oh look!' exclaimed Erestor brightly to Melpomaen sitting opposite 'the menu consists of Lord Glorfindels favourite foods – I do hope he enjoys his dinner'

Glorfindel bristled and his hands curled up into fists, but he maintained his polite composure and discourse with the other guests at the table, he totally ignored Erestor.

The meal continued and Erestor and the others at the table indulged in light conversation; Glorfindel and Erestor never once exchanged words.

Erestor selected a peach for dessert and grinned wickedly at Melpomaen. 'It is amazing that one can obtain such fresh, succulent, juicy, ripe peaches at this time of year, is it not?' he asked of the table.

The other elves all agreed with Erestor except Glorfindel who was struggling not to lose his temper.

'Ummm.......it's so juicy, it's running down my chin' said a delighted Erestor who then proceeded to lick his fingers with his sweet pink tongue and then made small sucking noises as he bit into the flesh of the peach again.

Glorfindel stared at Erestor with disgust; although he found that he was incredibly turned on making him wonder whether he was really disgusted with himself rather than Erestor.

'Lord Glorfindel; you are staring at me' Erestor said sweetly 'please stop it is making me feel uncomfortable'

'You have a nerve' he hissed angrily so the others could not hear and at that, he excused himself to the others and left the table.

Erestor sighed – he liked Glorfindel and wished they could be friends but even his moves towards friendship were rebuffed with contempt, and so, he thought, why try anymore. Erestor had once asked Elrond about Glorfindels attitude toward him and Elrond said that it might be that Glorfindel held warriors in higher regard or that he had fallen for him and was too shy to admit his feelings. He added that any theories that Erestor might come up with could be equally valid. Erestor and his companions went to sit by the fire and were joined by some of the warriors who flirted merrily with them. They related how angry Glorfindel had been with them but added that he seem much more angry with Erestor. Their laughter became louder especially when they started doing impersonations of Glorfindel berating them for their behaviour. Erestor quickly grew bored, and he made his excuses saying that he had a headache caused by the wine at dinner. A couple of the warriors offered him help with his headache back in his room but he good-naturedly refused and made his goodbyes. It was that night that Lindir found out just exactly how three in a bed worked and it was about time Melpomaen thought – Lindir was several thousand years old after all!

Erestor walked down the corridor to his own room, his heart was heavy – he had driven Glorfindel further away when all he meant to do was flirt with him and attract him. He didn't know what was going on – he had never been refused before, what on middle earth did Glorfindel think he was playing at he wondered. Even the 'eating a peach' trick didn't work and that had always worked!

Erestor could not sleep that night and so sat for a long period on the balcony outside his room. Glorfindels room was next door and so they shared the balcony; however at some point during the day Glorfindel had put a screen up so the balcony was divided in two. Erestor sat down with a heavy heart and put his feet up on the balustrade. Glorfindel could just about see him through the gaps in the screen. He saw Erestors' slumping posture and the downwards direction of his face and felt that perhaps he had gone too far, but he also felt that Erestor deserved it as a consequence of his earlier actions.

The next morning Erestor arrived late to the council meeting, Elrond was concerned as it was very unlike Erestor to be late. He eventually walked in and apologised that he was late.

Erestors face was puffy and swollen, 'I did not sleep well last night' he said as an excuse.

Erestor looked at one of the other councillors and demanded to know why he was tittering.

'I saw you with the warriors after dinner' he was told and the others nodded in agreement – Glorfindel glared at Erestor.

'Then you would have seen me leave alone' exploded Erestor in his face, and brought his hand down in a crashing thump on the table.

The room fell silent and Erestor saw Glorfindel visibly relax; interesting, thought Erestor and tucked it away in his mind for further analysis later on.

Erestor dominated at the meeting, he coldly and efficiently tore down objections and criticisms and to the councillor who had made the false observation he screamed 'Who gives a fuck what you think' when he objected to a minor point in a report about horse feed quality 'You don't even ride a fucking horse – you're too fucking ugly.' Glorfindel smirked at the offending elf then looked away. Erestor noted this with curiosity and continued.

Even Elrond didn't dare stop Erestor in his flow of anger because he felt that essentially Erestor was right in his proposals and report conclusions and also he was right to defend his integrity.

The meeting ended and Elrond asked Erestor to stay.

'Calm yourself my friend or you will be the first elf in creation to have a heart attack' he soothed in a light hearted manner. He put his arm around Erestor and gave him a cup of tea.

'Glorfindel has put a screen up to divide the balcony in two' said Erestor, and then asked 'why does he hate me so much?'

'I don't think he hates you' replied Elrond 'I think it is something else altogether'

'Well I wish I knew' he mused.

'Erestor, my friend, do not have doubts about your actions this morning – it is always best to deal with fools straightaway and those who would impugn your honour deserve nothing but short shrift'

Erestor looked at Elrond with tired eyes 'You're a good friend' he smiled.

'Go back to bed and get some sleep Erestor' Elrond said softly 'you are so tired'

'I have things to do'

'I took the liberty of putting sleeping herbs in your tea'

Erestor smiled and told Elrond that he didn't think he could even make it back to his rooms he was so tired and snuggled on the chair and closed his eyes.

Elrond was slightly concerned that Erestor was sleeping with closed eyes and wondered at the full toll the stress was having on his friends' health and wellbeing.

He left Erestor on the chair and went off to meet his wife in the garden for a stroll in the snow that had fallen that morning.

Some time later Glorfindel walked in; he had lost a notepad and thought he might have left it in the room. He saw Erestor sleeping in a chair in the corner and was struck by how beautiful he looked in his sleep; like an innocent elfling he mused. He wondered if he should pick him up and take him back to his room but demurred fearing the potential foul tempered consequences. He went quickly back to his own room and pulled a blanket off his bed and went back to Erestor. He tucked the blanket around the sleeping form and went on his way.

Later in the afternoon Erestor awoke feeling better than he had that morning. At first he thought that Elrond must have covered him with the blanket but after smelling it he knew exactly whose blanket it was. Erestor was perplexed, and wondered at the mixed messages he was receiving. He went to his office and after checking the guard rotas; decided to deliver them back to Glorfindel on the practise grounds. Lindir came along for the walk.

It was cold outside and even though elves do not normally feel the cold Erestor was glad of his thick robe. He walked past the practising warriors and the new trainees and acknowledged the many wolf whistles that he and Lindir received with a wan smile.

He walked into Glorfindels office and put the rotas on the desk. Lindir stayed outside and chatted to his bed mates from the previous night – no doubt planning further assignations thought Erestor.

'Here are the rotas and thank you for the blanket' said Erestor without any degree of enthusiasm and turned to walk away.

Glorfindel pushed past him and stormed outside 'What is going on' he shouted at Lindir 'get away from here; I can't stop you in the house but this is my domain – don't ever set foot here again' Lindir was visibly shaking and looked at Erestor who stood behind Glorfindel.

Erestor tapped Glorfindel on the shoulder and when he turned around he smashed his fist in his face causing him to go down. Erestor walked away without saying a word.

Glorfindel was stunned; he wanted to follow Erestor and ask what he thought he was doing and more importantly how was it that he was so strong; but he decided not to. He picked up a clump of snow, pressed it into his face as a compress and went in to his office to think.

At the end of the day Glorfindel went into dinner but Erestor wasn't there; he was relieved. After dinner Elrond asked what had happened to his face and he told him.

'Glorfindel, do not cross Erestor – he has many hidden talents and you now know one of them' Elrond warned.

'Would you care to enlighten me?' asked an irate Glorfindel.

'No, find out yourself' Elrond looked angry now 'Erestor is one of the nicest elves I know Glorfindel, do you have any idea what you are doing to him'

'Well look what he did to me' was the outraged reply.

'You terrified Lindir; and Erestor dealt with it as anyone else would have done' Elrond added that it served him right.

Glorfindel glared at Elrond, his breathing heavy and ragged, then stormed out.

He walked into the library, straight up to Erestor and hauled him up by his front so their faces met, 'Speak' he hissed with a fixed stare.

Erestor looked unconcerned 'Ok then' he said 'you look really hot in your leather uniform'

'What?' Glorfindel spat menacingly as the library cleared.

'You have a hearing problem?'

'You punched me in the face – you little shit'

'And you threatened Lindir, so it is you who is the shit, Glorfindel, now put me down' said Erestor in a stroppy voice.

'Make me' came the hissed reply.

'You never learn' stated Erestor and before Glorfindel knew what had happened he was on the floor with Erestor sitting on his back and his knife at his throat.

'What the fuck!' yelled Glorfindel.

Elrond entered the room, he motioned to Erestor to release Glorfindel who stood up and glared at them both.

'I am so sick of this' Elrond said in a quiet, angry tone 'this cannot and will not continue – why can't you both get on?'

'He's a crass bully with a stick up his arse' Erestor said about Glorfindel.

'I'm the bully?' questioned Glorfindel 'what do you call your relentless cat calls and your new penchant for violence then?'

'I will always defend myself Glorfindel. Anyway you swagger about thinking you're too good to talk to anyone who doesn't attend your training grounds. You are also a prude – at the mere mention of anything sexual you run away or stand there and judge. You can't do anything nice for anyone.'

'I covered you with the blanket, when you were asleep'

'You partitioned our balcony – where did I agree to that – you just do what you want and you don't care who you hurt' Erestor shouted.

'Ok then; what have you ever done for me?' demanded Glorfindel.

'At dinner yesterday I arranged the menu so your favourite foods were served, I knew I had probably gone too far and wanted to make things nice for you and then I was going to apologise but you didn't look at me once'

'Erestor has done much to ease you into Imladris' Elrond informed Glorfindel 'just because it is not apparent doesn't mean it isn't true.'

Elrond directed his gaze to Erestor 'And you know from when you were Captain of the Guard just how hard it can be when taking over and then trying to maintain discipline'

'You were the last Captain?' asked an amazed Glorfindel.

'No, I was the one before' Erestor answered.

'I'm going to leave you both now' warned Elrond 'and you had better start getting on' he left them alone in the empty library.

'I apologise' said Erestor putting on his most contrite face 'I am sorry for the way I treated you.'

'I don't know what to think or how to react with you' Glorfindel replied and walked out of the library and back to his rooms.

Erestor felt broken – he ran to his rooms, stormed onto the balcony and tore down the partition and threw it at Glorfindels door.

The warrior stormed through the door 'What are you doing?' He yelled.

Erestor stood there, face flushed and breathing harshly, he stood there and stared at Glorfindel. 'What have I ever done to you for you to treat me like this, you bastard' he screamed.

'Come, we need to talk' Glorfindel took the distraught Erestors hand and led him into his own room. They both sat by the fire and Erestor was given a cup of tea, he could hardly stop it from spilling in his shaking hands.

'You said that I am a bully – and yet I would say that I was merely defending myself and pre-empting disorder' said Glorfindel evenly and with no inflection in his voice.

Erestor made no answer.

'You said that I think I am above anyone not a warrior – which is untrue, and that I swagger – that's what we do, its unintentional, the whole uniform is designed to make us swagger – its in the design'

'Yes, I believe I said something like that'

'You also said that I have a stick up my arse and that I am a prude it seems – and yet Erestor I can assure you that this isn't true – I just separate my working life from my private life.'

Erestor did not answer.

'You have done your best to embarrass me on several occasions, have physically assaulted me, and have also used your friends to taunt me – I do not know why it is that you cannot abide me and I honestly thought that you wouldn't mind me partitioning the balcony – it meant that you wouldn't have to bear my presence anymore.' Glorfindel looked hurt, the pain in his face inescapable.

Erestor stared, his mouth slightly open 'I don't hate you' he choked out.

'Well what do you think it look like to me Erestor?' questioned Glorfindel.

'What about the way you treated me?' accused Erestor 'You never ever spoke to me except in a curt way when you had to be seen to be giving an answer otherwise I was always ignored, and you judge me and continually let me know that you find me lacking, worst of all you send mixed messages, one minute I think you are thawing and the next you are being awful to me again. I've had enough; you can't keep doing this to me and expect me not to retaliate.'

Erestor slumped wearily and rested his head on his drawn up knees and hugged his shins. Glorfindel knew that Erestor had spoken the truth – he felt remorse for his actions and guilty about how he had hurt this elf who had not deserved the degree of reaction that Glorfindel had given him. He had even carried the argument on after Erestor had apologised.

Glorfindel sat beside Erestor and brushed the hair away from the side of his face and gently placed it on the other shoulder. He placed his hand tenderly on the back of his neck and began to softly stroke up and down.

'Erestor, please look at me'

'I can't' he replied in a broken voice.

Glorfindel lifted Erestor into his lap and turned him around to face him and held his head to his chest, 'I am so sorry Erestor, please forgive me' he said and smoothed his hand in circles over Erestors back. Erestor did not resist.

They stayed like that for some minutes until Erestor sniffed and his breathing caught. 'Do not be so upset Erestor – we can like one another again now and surely that is good?' soothed Glorfindel.

'I'm not upset' – sniff.

'Of course you are not' Glorfindel said tenderly.

Erestor slipped his arms around Glorfindels waist and asked where they would go from here. Glorfindel found that he relished the warmth of another body so close to his own; it had been a long time since he had held anyone in any context whatsoever and he found he missed it, he did not want to let go of Erestor.

'Let's not go anywhere from here' Glorfindel softly laughed 'let's stay all night just holding one another'

Erestor smiled and looked at Glorfindel, he kissed his lips and then put his head back on his chest and positioned himself so that as much of his body as possible rested against Glorfindel.

Glorfindel was surprised at the kiss and found that it inspired hope in him; he kissed the top of Erestors head and told him how beautiful he thought he was. Erestor looked up and Glorfindel gave his the lightest, softest kiss on the lips, still holding him tight.

Erestor smiled 'You kiss nice' he blushed and snuggled back down again.

Glorfindel smiled, 'Can I tell you something?' he asked; Erestor looked up, 'when you ate that peach I wanted to lick the juice from your fingers'

Erestor smiled and put his fingers to Glorfindels mouth; he sighed with pleasure as they were sucked in to the warmth.

Glorfindel continued 'I wanted to lick the juice from your chin' Erestor offered his chin and Glorfindel licked, and then kissed it.

Finally Glorfindel whispered in Erestors' ear 'I wanted to be that peach; I wanted you to suck and bite on me; I wanted my juice to run down your chin and cover your fingers' Erestor gasped.

'But you ran away'

'I thought you would laugh at me, or treat me with contempt'

'I would have made you my peach' Erestor said saucily.

'You can still make me your peach'

Glorfindel put his fingers under Erestors chin and brushed his lips against his own. Erestor placed his hand on the back of Glorfindels head and pulled him in for the kiss. Hands explored and tongues fought for dominance, all the time feeling, tasting, rubbing, caressing.

Glorfindel was breathless 'Who would have thought' he expressed in amazement.

Erestor sighed happily 'I always hoped' he admitted.

'I am so sorry' admitted Glorfindel 'my own actions have made things very difficult haven't they'

'Let us not talk about the past' suggested Erestor 'we have the future, do we not?'

'Erestor I want you in my future, I don't hate you – I've never hated you, it's the opposite'

'You love me?' asked a wide eyed astonished Erestor.

Glorfindel nodded hesitantly 'Yes'

'I have not had a lover for many years – I was waiting for the right person – someone who loved me who I could love in return'

Glorfindel kissed him 'I made a mistake judging you with Lindir and Mel didn't I?'

Erestor stiffened 'Listen to me and do not interrupt' he said 'Lindir, Mel and I were trained as warriors. We excelled at spying and hand to hand combat. In turns we went deep into the Witch Kings' keep and uncovered his secrets without detection, we watched the Orcs being made, we found the plans for battle and we destroyed them several times. It is because Mel stole samples of the poisons they coat their weapons with that we could develop antidotes. In the end Lindir was caught and tortured after wiping out a whole battalion of orcs by setting fire to pitch and spraying them with it – when I rescued him his hair had turned white and his torturers had drained the colour from the irises in his eyes leaving them amber – he had brown eyes and brown hair like me, before that. Lindir frightens easily now – it is difficult for him to defend himself, because since then, he has not been able to see as well as the rest of us. So, if either of them sleeps around, I think they have earned the right to and I would not judge them.'

'I am sorry – I was wrong' said a dismayed Glorfindel 'when will I ever stop putting my foot in it'

'I will keep you right my love' grinned a sleepy, drained Erestor.

Glorfindel felt the body against his relax and grow heavier; he knew that Erestor was falling asleep but he did not care, Erestor had called him 'my love' and he was thrilled.

Glorfindel picked his new love up and tucked him into his own bed 'Erestor, you are in my bed, is that ok, I don't want to get it wrong'

Erestor blinked and sleepily said 'Come to bed, my sweet, better that I stay here, for tomorrow, when we wake, you are going to start getting it right' he winked cheekily at Glorfindel who raised his eyebrows and laughed.

Glorfindel took his clothes off and got into bed – Erestor snuggled up and felt strong arms around him.

They both fell into reverie – drained by the events of the day with a mutual peace both had craved but had never been able to achieve before.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=455