Friends are Forever by Carhuine Malthenel
Summary: As Legolas lays near death Aragorn and Elrond both try to come to grips with their feelings for him.
Categories: FPS > Legolas/Elrond, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS > Elrond/Legolas Characters: Aragorn, Elrond, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: Sap/Fluff
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes Word count: 15284 Read: 63046 Published: August 15, 2012 Updated: August 15, 2012
Story Notes:
Warning: Sappy, fluffy, feely touchy romance ahead.

1. Chapter 1 by Carhuine Malthenel

2. Chapter 2 by Carhuine Malthenel

3. Chapter 3 by Carhuine Malthenel

4. Chapter 4 by Carhuine Malthenel

5. Chapter 5 by Carhuine Malthenel

6. Chapter 6 by Carhuine Malthenel

7. Chapter 7 by Carhuine Malthenel

8. Chapter 8 by Carhuine Malthenel

9. Chapter 9 by Carhuine Malthenel

10. Chapter 10 by Carhuine Malthenel

11. Chapter 11 by Carhuine Malthenel

12. Chapter 12 by Carhuine Malthenel

13. Chapter 13 by Carhuine Malthenel

14. Chapter 14 by Carhuine Malthenel

15. Chapter 15 by Carhuine Malthenel

16. Chapter 16 by Carhuine Malthenel

17. Chapter 17 by Carhuine Malthenel

18. Chapter 18 by Carhuine Malthenel

19. Chapter 19 by Carhuine Malthenel

20. Chapter 20 by Carhuine Malthenel

21. Chapter 21 by Carhuine Malthenel

22. Chapter 22 by Carhuine Malthenel

Chapter 1 by Carhuine Malthenel
He urged his horse as fast as it could go praying he would make it. He gripped the still form in front of him harder hoping he would be ok. He saw the river border coming up and smiled grimly. They were not to late! There was still hope. He ran his horse across the river and up the bank on the other side. Suddenly two dozen elvish archers surrounded him. He looked around until he saw one he recognized.

"Elladan! Please I need your fathers help. Please let me pass."

Elladan looked at him "Who are you? How do you know me?"

He realised that he still had his hood over his head. They could not see him. Reaching up he tore the hood away from his face.

"Please help me." Aragorn pleaded. "My friend is wounded. He will not last long."

Elladan nodded he turned and shouted to someone in elvish. "Go." he said.

"Thank you." Aragorn hoped it was not to late.

He kicked his horse into a run fervently praying. Hoping his friend would not die. He saw the short footbridge that signaled the entrance to Rivendell.

He brought his horse to a stop he dismounted and gently lifted his friend to the ground. He could see Elrond and Arwen hurrying to meet him. He laid his friend on the ground and clutched t his still hand. Elrond swiftly knelt down by him.

"What happened?" Elrond asked as he assessed the wounds.

"We were half way here when we were ambushed by orcs. I did what I could but he is beyond my skill to heal." Aragorn said.

"How long has he been this way?" Elrond looked grim.

"Three days."

Elrond picked up the still elf and walked swiftly toward his healing chambers. Arwen and Aragorn followed.

"Who is he?" Arwen gently asked.

"A friend who saved my life once or twice. His name is Legolas." A single tear fell down his cheek.

Arwen lifted her hand and softly wiped it away. "He has a great strength in him." Arwen concluded.

"Yes he does." Aragorn whispered glancing at the still form. He turned away as tears fell down his face.

"Come." Arwen said. "You can do no more here. You need food and rest. Let us go and let my father work."

Aragorn simply nodded and let Arwen lead him away.
Chapter 2 by Carhuine Malthenel
Aragorn sat at a table with Arwen, Elladan, and Elrohir. He had been in Rivendell for six hours. Long enough to take a bath, change clothes, and eat dinner. Well he was trying to eat they all were. The table was loaded with every food imaginable yet no one was hungry. Aragorn looked up when he heard the light barley discernable footsteps. Elvish footsteps. Elrond entered the room silently gazing at all of them.

He smiled a bit "He should recover given enough time. He is strong."

Aragorn smiled with relief as he felt Arwen squeeze his hand.

"He is stubborn like his father...." Elrond said wearily.

"You know him?" Aragorn asked taken aback.

"Yes. About 20 years ago I traveled to Mirkwood to try to heal the breach between us. I met him there." Elrond stood. "It grows late you need to rest Aragorn. Your usual room has been prepared. Good night" Elrond said as he left.

Aragorn turned to Arwen. "Good night......milady," he whispered. Arwen smiled, "Good night Aragorn son of Arathorn."

Aragorn left and went to his chambers to sleep.

Elrond walked slowly to his room his thoughts tormented him. His mind wandered back to the day he met Legolas.




20 years earlier in Mirkwood..........

Elrond rode silently through the great forest of Mirkwood alone. He had brought no guards as a sign of peace. Suddenly his keen ears picked up the sound of hoofbeats. They were distant but coming closer. A white horse came into view with a young elf atop it. The rider stopped the horse anger seeping from every pore. "Who are you? Why do you trespass upon our territory?"

"I am Elrond lord of Rivendell. I come to request council with Thranduil King of Mirkwood."

The young elf glared openly at him trying to find some deception. Finding none he said "Fine. Come follow me I will lead you to him."

The young elf turned and started back the way he had come. Elrond followed and wondered why the elf was so hostile.

"Do you have a name?" Elrond heard himself say.

The elf stiffened and replied "Yes. I am Legolas."

Elrond wondered why the name sounded so familiar. The elf Legolas stopped in front of a huge clearing where they dismounted. There was a banquet or party of some kind going on. Hundreds, maybe thousands of elves sat talking and laughing Legolas led him to the first table where a regal elf sat. He wore a mithril crown and richly appointed robes. Legolas bowed to him saying "Milord a visitor from Imlardis comes seeking your council."

Thranduil looked at Elrond then back to Legolas. "And you brought him here???" his hand lashed out striking Legolas on the cheek. Legolas fell to the ground a bruise already darkening on his cheek. "Take him to the palace. I will be there shortly." Thranduil turned away. Evidently they were dismissed. Legolas got to his feet and bowed. Turning on his heel he stalked toward the horses. He waited until Elrond caught up with him. "I will show you the way.."

"Legolas wait let me look at that." Elrond said stopping in front of the younger elf. Legolas said nothing as Elrond inspected his cheek. There was a small but deep scratch where one of the king's rings had hit him. Elrond went to his horse and rummaged through his pack. He found a small jar of salve. He spread a little bit across Legolas' cheek and handed him the jar. "It will keep it from festering and there will be no scar. Keep this salve and use it when ever necessary."

Elrond looked deep into Legolas' eyes and saw gratitude and something else. It looked like desire he wondered what Legolas saw in his eyes. Elrond turned and mounted his horse. Legolas did the same and led Elrond to Mirkwood's palace.




Elrond silently got ready for bed sighing. Even then he had wanted him, desired him. Every time he thought of how Thranduil had struck him he grew angry. He loved Legolas and he knew he must never speak of it.




Elsewhere in Rivendell

Aragorn could not sleep. Thoughts of Legolas plagued him, tormented him. Memories of all the times they shared ran through his mind. He did not know what he would do if he lost him. Aragorn wandered through Rivendell's corridors his mind racing. It was his fault that Legolas almost died. He should have protected him better. How could he let him down like that?




Three days earlier

Aragorn and Legolas rode in silence each one afraid of what the other might say. Aragorn wished that Thranduil had not asked him to accompany Legolas to Rivendell. Being so close to him was torture. He wanted to stop his horse and hold him, touch him. He wanted to tell Legolas of his feelings but he did not for fear of rejection. Legolas looked at Aragorn wondering what was wrong with him. He seemed distracted and aloof. Legolas had swore to himself long ago never to reveal his true feelings for him. Men were not as open minded about such things. Surely Aragorn would be disgusted and never forgive him.

"Legolas.."

Aragorn's voice jarred him out of his thoughts. "Yes Aragorn?" Legolas replied

"I wish to tell you something.....I........" Aragorn's voice broke "I love you." he finished.

Legolas stared at him in shock. Had he heard correctly?

Aragorn took his silence as rejection. Stupid idiot! Look what you have done! You have driven away your only friend!

Suddenly Legolas stopped and dismounted he looked at Aragorn. Aragorn slid to the ground in front of him. Legolas could control himself no longer. His hands framed Aragorn's face as he kissed him. Aragorn returned the kiss hungry for more. Suddenly an arrow hit Legolas' horse. Orcs swarmed around them intent on killing them. The fight lasted for hours as more and more orcs appeared. Aragorn had been separated from his friend and he fought to get to him. He saw several arrows pierce Legolas.

Fighting like a man possessed Aragorn quickly dispatched the remaining orcs. He knelt next to Legolas.

"Legolas....hang on." he whispered desperately as he put Legolas on his horse. Aragorn mounted behind him and kicked the horse into a run. Hoping he would reach Rivendell in time.




Aragorn laid his head in his arms and cried. He had failed him. How would Legolas ever forgive him?
Chapter 3 by Carhuine Malthenel
I felt as if I was falling, tumbling but to where I do not know. As I fell I heard words dancing around me. "Hold on Legolas."

I landed completely shrouded in darkness. I was alone or so I thought. I saw her coming towards me and she was beautiful. I knew it was Elbereth and I was in awe. She came closer to me and I saw that she looked like Arwen. She looked at me and spoke, not with her mouth but I could hear the words just the same.

Welcome Legolas youngest Prince of Mirkwood

"Where am I?"

You are between here and there.

"Here and there?" I wondered aloud.

Life and death. Middle Earth and Mandos's Halls

"Are you Elbereth?"

Yes.

"Why do you look like Arwen daughter of Lord Elrond?" the words left my mouth before I could stop them.

I assume the guise of a friend, or a loved one. Many find it comforting. I was inexplicably humbled by those words. "Will I die?"

Perhaps, perhaps not. You must make a choice Legolas.

"What choice?"

The Lady pointed behind me and I turned to see why. I saw the darkness ripple and distort. Suddenly there was a mirror standing there. It was like Galadriel's mirror in every way.

Come look in the mirror.

I walked over and stood next to her as I gazed into the mirror. I saw myself and Aragorn fighting the orcs. I saw myself get hit again and again by arrows. I heard Aragorn's tortured cry, I saw him fight to get to me. The image changed I saw Lord Elrond bandaging me, praying for me. I saw Aragorn standing outside crying, he was no doubt tormenting himself. He probably thought he let me down. As the final image came into view I gasped. What I saw shook me to the very core. I was transfixed by the images and they gave me hope. Suddenly the mirror was empty, devoid of images. The Lady turned to me.

You must choose. You can go back and take a chance. If you go back there is no guarantee you will live. You may still die. Or you can stay here and I will take you to Mandos's Halls.

"If I go back and die will Mandos's Halls be denied me?" I shook at the very thought.

The Lady smiled and said No. Mandos will always be open to you. You have done more good then you know. Should you die I will be here to lead you to Mandos.

I smiled my path was clear " I wish to go back. I care not if I die. I want a fighting chance to live, to love." I finished softly.

The Lady smiled brighter So be it Legolas Greenleaf. pointing to the mirror.

I looked and saw one final image as I watched it I smiled. I saw myself kissing Aragorn, holding him. Tears sprang to my eyes he looked peaceful I had never seen him so happy. Tears ran down my face as The Lady touched my head. I felt like I was falling and flying at the same time. As I fell I heard her voice one last time.

I am with you always Legolas of Mirkwood.

The darkness grew lighter and lighter until it was a bright light. I moaned as I opened my eyes. My head hurt so much I wanted to slip back into the dark. But I could not, I must not. I looked around as I realized I was in Rivendell. I tried to sit up but pain raced through my body causing me to cry out. I heard footsteps racing toward my chamber. The door opened as Elladan ran through, fear evident in his eyes. He smiled when he saw I was awake. He walked over to me and helped me into a half sitting position.

"Are you thirsty?" He asked gently.

I nodded, my throat hurt and I was unsure if I could even talk. Elladan poured a cup of water from a pitcher that sat on a table near my bed. He slipped his hand behind my head to help me drink. I was grateful I was so weak i was afraid I would spill it. When I had drank my fill he sat the cup on the table. I licked my lips and managed to speak.

"Aragorn.......Is he.........Ok?" I asked afraid of the answer.

Elladan smiled "He is fine a few deep cuts but nothing serious. Speaking of Aragorn I should tell him and father you are awake."

I nodded smiling knowing that if he did not tell them they would be angry at him later. Elladan smiled as he walked to the door. "It is good to see you awake Legolas. We feared the worst." he said as he left. I lay there looking at the door contemplating The Lady's words. Remembering the image that had burned in my mind. I was shaken out of my thoughts as I heard loud fast footsteps running toward my room. I smiled as I recognized Aragorn's footsteps. The door opened and Aragorn entered the room looking shaken. His eyes widen as he gazes upon me in disbelief.

"Aragorn." was all I could get out. I held my hand out to him.

He walked to me and knelt next to my bed. He took my hand as he laid his head down and cried. Using my other hand I stroked his hair soothingly. My heart bursting with love for him. I knew he had blamed himself, hated himself for letting me down. Truth was it was not his fault. He had not let me down. I had failed him.

"It was not your fault Aragorn." I said firmly. Or as firmly as I could given my weaked condition. it was my fault. My stupidity. I thought.

Aragorn looked up in disbelief and shook his head. "I should not have said what I did." Hurt welled up inside me at his words. I blinked back tears as I said. "So you regret what you said?"

Aragorn looked at me surprised and a little offended. "No! That is not what I meant." he kissed my hand softly before continuing. "I should have waited until we reached Rivendell."

He leaned over me and kissed my on the lips softly. Aragorn moaned as I deepened the kiss. I glanced up as I heard footsteps stop outside my door. Aragorn chuckled lightly.

"That will be Lord Elrond. He promised me 10 minutes alone with you." he said as he stood. The door opened and Lord Elrond stepped in looking exactly the same as he did 20 years ago. of course he looks the same he is immortal! I chided myself.

"Welcome to Rivendell Prince Legolas of Mirkwood." Elrond said smiling.

I smiled back but I was caught off guard by something else. A feeling that was growing inside me. But that was absurd! I loved Aragorn! How could I desire Lord Elrond if I loved Aragorn? I looked at Aragorn realising I desired him as well. How could this be?

What sort of madness was this?
Chapter 4 by Carhuine Malthenel
When I saw Elladan coming toward us I was filled with fear. Had something happened to Legolas? I looked at Aragorn and saw fear, hope, and several other emotions in his eyes. He looked at me for awnsers, and I did not have them. For the first time in my life I did not know what to say or do. How could I reassure him when I myself need comforting? I knew in my heart that Aragorn loved Legolas, but was his love returned? I was ashamed at my thinking, Aragorn was a son to me! I knew then that no matter what I would not get in the way f his happiness, Even if it ment sacrificing my own. Elladan stopped in front of us and smiled.

"Legolas is awake." he said happily.

I saw Aragorn's shoulders droop in relief. I knew what I must say, what I must do.

"Aragorn go see to him. I will be in to change his bandages in 10 minutes." I said slowly.

He looked at me and I could see gratitude in his eyes before he walked away.

I looked at my son and to my suprise he looked concerned. Was there something he was not telling me? Before I could ask he turned away saying. "I will tell Elrohir and Arwen the good news." Shrugging I walked toward Legolas chamber, my thoughts wandered to the first time we met.




20 years earlier in Mirkwood

I rode in silence following the elf Legolas to the heart of Mirkwood. My companion stared straight ahead and said nothing. But I could see that he was trying not to cry, emotions ran across his face. Among them were sadness, contempt, anger, and self loathing.

"I am sorry if I got you into trouble with your king." I heard myself say.

"Nothing I do is good enough for my father." he spat out angrily. "I do everything wrong, say everything wrong. I am never right. He treats me like I am a child, a slow witted, human child."

"He is your father?" I asked incredulous. I would never have hit my sons! No matter how angry they made me I could not imagine hitting them. Not like that!

"Yes. We are here." Legolas lapsed into silence.

The palace was carved from solid rock, it looked like it was carved into the mountian. We dismounted as attendants came to take our horses.

"I will show you where you can wait for my father." he said. Before we could take a step a beautiful elvin woman ran from the palace and into Legolas's arms.

"Legolas!! You are back!" she cried as she embraced him.

"Yes I am home Trianna." he said smiling.

"Oh! What happened to your face?" Trianna asked concerned.

"Father hit me. I screwed up again." Legolas said anger and sadness aparent in his voice.

Trianna gasped "No.....Oh no. Not again."

Legolas nodded slowly then remembering my presence said "Trianna this is Lord Elrond from Imraldris. Lord Elrond this is my sister Princess Trianna."

She curtsyed daintly and said "Well met milord."

I nodded and smiled, she was such a charming creature. Like her brother. the thought crossed my mind.

"Trianna let me show Lord Elrond to the library and then I will awnser all your questions." Legolas said after a minute.

Trianna curtsyed again before dashing back into the palace.




I rapped lightly on the door before entering, unsure of what to expect. I entered the room and saw Aragorn standing next to the bed smiling.

"Welcome to Rivendell Prince Legolas of Mirkwood." I said walking to the bed. My heart was beating fast, I hoped no one else could hear it. I beagn to check his wounds, and change their bandages. As I worked Aragorn and Legolas talked about the attack, Rivendell, and other mindless chatter. I yearned to touch Legolas in other ways besides clinical healing. But I would not get in the way of my son. Legolas was Aragorn's I would have to learn to live with that.
Chapter 5 by Carhuine Malthenel
From Aragorns POV.

I watched my father change Legolas' bandages, and clean his wounds. Something was not right with my father. His hands kept shaking, and he did not look me in the eye. I knew that his healing required concentration, but he seemed to be purposely avoiding looking at me or Legolas. I did not understand why he was being like this. He said he had met Legolas before. How well did he know him? I wondered. I suddenly realized that Elrond had been speaking to me and I had not heard one word. I looked up and saw that he had turned to the door and was walking out. I was truly confused at my father's actions and behavior that I simply watched him walk out the door. I turned my eyes back to Legolas and saw that he was sleeping. Sighing I decided to talk with Elrond to see if I could find out what was bothering him. I got up and exited the room. After I closed the door I saw Elladan and Elrohir coming toward Legolas' room. I could see confusion in their eyes as well. As they approached they smiled.

"How fares Legolas?" Elrohir wanted to know

"Fine. Ada just changed his bandages and cleaned his wounds. He is sleeping now." I replied.

The twins exchanged a glance at the mention of our father.

"Did Ada pass this way? I need to speak with him." I pressed them.

"Yes he was going to his chambers, he looked quite weary. I am glad Legolas is doing well. If you want we will sit with him while you speak with Ada." Elladan offered.

I nodded gratefully and continued toward Elrond's chambers. On the way I passed Glorfindel and Erestor they were coming from Elrond's chambers. They noticed when I was heading and they cut me off.

"Your father does not want to see anyone right now, Estel." Glorfindel said sighing. "He is very weary."

I became suspicious because Glorfindel never spoke to me in such a manner. Not even when I was younger and got into trouble. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. What was going on? I attempted to brush past them, but Glorfindel grabbed my arm. I looked up in surprise.

"It would be best if you went and rested, young one." Glorfindel's voice was like ice.

I wanted to see my father, I needed to see him. I wanted him to hold me. Like he used to when I was younger. I jerked my arm away as tears fell down my face. I fell to my knees crying, all the days of worrying had caught up with me.

"I just want to see Ada....." I whispered brokenly as I rocked back and forth.

Glorfindel looked at Erestor startled by my reaction. Erestor moved to Elrond's door and entered. Glorfindel knelt in front of me he wrapped his arms around me and he let me cry. I was young compared to them but I felt as if I had aged years in days. I wanted to see my father, I wanted to talk to him. I needed the truth about him and Legolas. Dimly I heard two elves approach I wondered who was coming.

"Estel."

It was Ada, he was behind me. Glorfindel pulled me up before he and Erestor left. I turned and looked at Elrond. I saw sadness and loneliness in his ageless eyes. He pulled me into his arms. I felt safe and loved, like everything would be ok. I felt him stroke my hair in a soothing manner. I cried until I had no tears left. When I had finished crying he led me back to my room. He swiftly removed my cloak and boots. He led me to the bed and told me to lay down. I watched him build up the fire and boil some type of tea. I was so tired that I did as he asked me, he walked over and handed me the tea.

"I know you are confused by my actions. I cannot explain to you my feelings yet." he whispered as he rubbed my back.

"Ok." Was all I said.

I felt so tired and relaxed that I started to fall asleep, I felt Elrond lay next to me and pull me into his arms.

"Sleep Estel." he whispered.

And I did.
Chapter 6 by Carhuine Malthenel
Elrond's POV

I held my human son as he slept soundly. My thoughts drifted back to the first time I had met the prince. Sighing I kissed the top of Estel's head and let the reverie take me back in time.




I followed the prince to a spacious and ornate library. He asked if I needed anything before he left. I looked about the library and was shocked. I had never known Tranduil to be the scholarly type. I heard the door open and saw Legolas enter carying a tray followed by his sister. Trianna smiled warmly at me before tossing a few logs onto the fire. Legolas poured himself and I a glass of fragrant wine.

"What does Imladris look like milord?" Trianna asked me brightly.

"Trianna..." Legolas hissed warningly.

She frowned slightly. "Ada won't be here anytime soon and well you know it! It is up to us to keep him entertained!"

"Entertained yes but badger and interrogate no." Legolas sipped at his wine while glaring at his kid sister playfuly.

"I am not interrogating him you orc!" Trianna tossed a pillow at her brother which he easily doged.

Legolas look positivily embarrassed. "Milord I am sorry...We wil go if you wish."

I laughed lightly. "Nay, tis ok. You remind me of my sons and daughter. Imladris is built into the side of a cliff over looking a waterfall."

Trianna sighed dreamily at this image. Legolas rolled his eyes at his sisters dreamy look.

"Forgive her milord I think my parents dropped her on her head when she was a babe."

"LEGOLAS!!!!" came the outraged shriek.

I laughed at the panicked look on the prince's face. "Please call me Elrond."

Trianna got up and hugged me positivly delighted before leaving. Legolas sank down into a chair smiling and shaking his head. I was confused as to why Trianna left.

"Tis time for her archery lesson." Legolas said correctly interpreting Elrond's unspoken question.

"Ahhhh. I see."

They smiled at one another before chatting about the Last Alliance, about Oropher's and my involment.




I awoke early the next morning still holding my son. Aragorn looked so peaceful asleep that I didn't have the heart to wake him. But I had to get up and knowing my son he would wake the minute I moved. I gently slipped out of bed and stood, sure enough he came awake.

"Ada?" he mumbled.

"I am here." I sat next to him.

"Cold..." he mumbled half asleep.

I pulled the blankets around him and securly tucked them in. He sighed and snuggled deeper into the bed. Thankfully he fell back to sleep. I stood and went into the bathroom tho get ready for the day.




After bathing and dressing I went to check on the prince. He was awake when I entered the room. I saw confusion and conflicting desires in his eyes. Did he have similar feelings for me? Does he feel as guilty as I? I smiled, albiet quite thinly, and went to check his wounds. True to an elfs nature the wounds were almosaledaled.

"Maybe later on Estel can take out into the gardens. Fresh air and the feel of grass beneith your feet will make you feel so much better." I say avoiding his eye

I turn to leave but he grabs my hand and forces me to look at him. Turning I see to many thigs in his eyes.

"Do you love me?" he was as straight forward as ever.

"I think so." I whisper tearing my eyes away.

"Then why do you fight it?"

"Estel loves you Legolas. I will not hurt on.on."

"I love him deeply but I am not in love with him. I am in love with you."

I was stunned by his revelation. So stunned that I did not fight him when he pulled me down to his level. He kissed me fully on the lips and I sighed and deepend the kiss. I vaguely heard the door open, and someone gasped. I tore myself from Legolas and turned to see who was at the door.

It was Estel...my son...
Chapter 7 by Carhuine Malthenel
Author's Notes:
Ok I know Elrond crying is out of character. But I did it on purpose to how how deeply he cares for his son and Legolas. Besides once in a while we all need a good cry!!! Even haughty elven lords! (jk) ;)
Elrond's POV

I gasp when I see my son standing there looking at us. I could not interpret the expression on his face. Jumping up I stagger back a few steps agonized at what I had done. Shaking my head I ran from the room. I managed to make it back to my own rooms before I broke down and cried. I had betrayed my son! I had kissed his beloved! I threw myself onto the bed and cried untill I was exhausted. I let myself drift off into elven reverie.




Estel's POV

I watched as my father fled from the room before I gazed at Legolas. He looked as if he'd just seen a Balrog of Morgoth. I walked into the room pacing my stride, I needed to find out a few things before I revealed my true feelings.

"I'm glad to see you are feeling better." I say making my voice neutral.

"Estel...I...I..."

"Yes?" I manage to make my voice sound cold and distant. He fliched at that.

"I do love you but I am not in love with you. I love..."

I try hard not to smile because it was exactly what I wanted to know.

"Yes?" not so frosty this time.

"I love Elrond. I am in love with him." he said looking ashamed.

"Oh Legolas." I sigh smiling. He now looks confused at my smile. "I am glad you feel that way. I will always love you but my heart belongs to another."

He smiles and hugs me and now I know we would always be friends. We ould go where the other went to keep each other safe for our love's.

"Who do you love?" he askes laying back down.

"Arwen." I whisper picturing her perfect, flawless beauty.

"Does she feel the same?"

"I do not know."

"Tell her."

"I will."

We smile at each other glad that we got our feelings out in the open. Suddenly he turned serious.

"What?" I ask apprehensivly.

"You owe me."

"What do you wish of me?"

"Help me walk to nd'nd's chambers. I want to tell him how we worked things out. He thinks he betrayed you." He gasps out trying to sit up.

I go and help him stand knowing he was right. I owed him and my dad. I would do anything to mke it up to them. Right now the only one who could get through to my father was Legolas.




Legolas's POV

Elrond was laying on his bed lost in reverie as I slipped into his room. Estel had helped me to his fathers room. I lay down next to my beloved and pull him close. He instantly wakes up and stares at me in shock.

"Legolas what are you doing?" he asks trying to pull away.

I hold him close and soon he stops resisting out of fear he'll hurt me.

"I love you. Estel is just a good friend. But I want to be with you!" I say looking into his eyes.

I tell him about everything me and Estel talked about. He lays staring at me shocked at all our revelations.

"He loves Arwen like that?"

I nod suddenly not sure of how he'd react. "Are you mad?"

"Nay. I am glad. They both deserve to be happy neither have had alot of joy in their lives." he says smiling and pulling me close.

Sighing I cuddle close to him and I find myself drifting off. I kiss him before I fall asleep completly.
Chapter 8 by Carhuine Malthenel
Arwen found Aragorn sitting in her mothers garden. He looked sad and happy at the same time. Why wasn't he with Legolas she wondered. She remembered meeting the prince long ago before Estel was born.

"Estel? Is all well with the prince?" she asked sitting next to him.

Aragorn nodded. "He is well. Have you met him before?"

"Yes long ago before you were born. He is the youngest son of King Thranduil is he not?" she asked.

"Aye. He loves..."

"Yes?" Arwen prodded.

"Elrond."

"Really?" she raised her eyebrow suprised.

"Are you mad?" he asked confused.

"Nay. He has been sad ever since Nana went over the sea. I am glad he is happy." Arwen paused considering. "But I thought he loved you and you him?"

"Nay we are as brothers. What I feel for him is the same as I feel towards Elladan and Elrohir. I love another..." his voice trailed off.

Arwen was crushed, she thought that now maybe he could love her! "Oh." she said quietly.

Aragorn turned and faced her looking serious. "I love you milady. Althought I am not worthy of you."

"Oh Aragorn I love you also! And you are going to be king someday so you are worthy of me!" Arwen launched herself at him and hugged him desperatly.

Aragorn lovingly clasped her face and kissed her hungrily. They kissed and embraced happy to be together finaly.




Elrond stood on his balcony watching his daughter and foster son. Smiling he turned and gazed upon Legolas sleeping in his bed. The prince was still along way from complete recovery. The poison had been errdicated completly from his system. Now he needed rest to heal and recuperate before he returned home. Returned home...Elrond grew sad at those thoughts. Soon Mirkwood would take the golden prince from his arms and life.




Legolas sat talking with Elrond when King Thranduil walked into the study. Thranduil saw his son bow his head and shrink away from him. Sighing Thranduil took his son into his arms not caring that Elrond was in the room.

"I am sorry my son. I know that is not enough but it is all I can say." Thranduil tilted Legolas's chin up and saw the deep scratch on his cheek. "Valar...." he whispered agonized by what he'd done. "Did you go to the healing room?"

"Lord Elrond gave me a healing salve to put on." Legolas said smiling at his father.

Thranduil looked to where Elrond sat and sighed. "Legolas I am sure Trianna needs help with her archery. Will you assist her?"

Legolas nodded and bowed to his father then Elrond before leaving.

"I must apologize for my earlier behavior towards my son. I do not know why I did that and I apologize." Thranduil said as he sat.

Elrond said nothing as he exteneded the treaty Glorfindel and Erestor had worked so hard on. Anger burned through him. How could a simple apology make up for what he'd done? Thranduil looked at the treaty and noted that Elrond wanted no territory nor did he give up any. It was a simple plan nt the political games he was used to. They would sign two identicle treaties nd place their seal beside their name. They would each keep a copy and flourish in peace. Trade between them would increase as well as knowledge. All in all it was a good treaty except for the way Elrond was acting.

"I will sign this on one condition." Thranduil said staring at Elrond.

"What?" Elronds voice was pure ice.

"Speak of your feelings."

Elrond jumped up and paced angrily. "How could you strike your own son? In my anger I would never conceive of striking my sons! Have you done it before?" Elrond looked at his once friend.

"To my shame yes I have. Once." Sighing Thranduil signed the treaty and shook the half elf's hand. "Will you stay the night?"

"Nay I will ride home tonight." Elrond stood and made to leave.

"Let me send Legolas and Gilreon to escort you home. Legolas has always wanted to see Imladris." Thranduil asked walking Elrond to the stables.

"Alright."

Thranduil went to find his son to tell him the news.
Chapter 9 by Carhuine Malthenel
Legolas watched as the various representaives of the races came to Imladris. A few days ago a wounded hafling had come bearing the one ring. Estel had followed with three other halflings and a council was called. He watched as several dwarfs arrived, some Lorien and Mirkwood elves, and finally a man from the south. Boromir could feel somone looking at him, glancing up he saw a elf staring at him. The elf was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Legolas squirmed under the prolonged gaze of the man, he felt as if he was being mentaly undressed. He turned quickly and returned to the halfling's side. He was watching the halfling for Elrond whom had gone out to tend to a wounded elf. Tenderly he bathed the halfling's forhead and attempted to bring down the fever. A soft knock sounded as the door opened and another halfling entered. He stood shyly at the door not daring to look upon Legolas.

"Please come in." Legolas said gesturing to the empty chair on the other side of the bed

The halfling hurridly clambered into the offered chair.

"What is your name?golagolas asked determined to break the ice.

"Samwise although all call me Sam. How is Mr. Frodo sir?" the halfling asked.

"Ahhh so his name is Frodo. I don't know how he is I am not a healer." Legolas's awnser was honest.

"Your not?" Sam looked very disapproving.

"Elrond had to go heal an injured elf. I am watching him till he returns." he responded still sponging off Frodo's face.

"What is your name?" Sam asked curious.

"Oh how careless of me! I am Legolas." Legolas smiled at Sam.

They chatted for hours while they awaited the return of Lord Elrond. When he did return Legolas took his leave and wandered down the corridors. Suddenly someone grabbed him and hurtled him against the nearest wall. A hand clamped over his mouth before he could cry out. He struggled against whom ever held him then he felt the cold hardness of a dagger at his throat. He ceased struggling and he tried to quell his rising fear.

"If you so much as move i'll gut you like a fish. Understand?" a cold voice hissed into his ear.

Legolas nodded and tried to calm his fears but suddenly he was being dragged away from the house. No! If he left the corridors they would never find him! He was drug out into the gardens and the attacker stopped. Legolas was forced to his knees and his hands bound. He could feel the dagger being removed from his neck and placed at his back. He was pushed so he was laying on his back staring up at thesky and his attacker. Gasping he remembered he had seen him before just that morning! Legolas knew the man meant to force him and he knew that once he was forced he would reject this life and go on. His only regret was Elrond he would never see his love again. His clothes were cff aff and tossed aside. Shame colored Legolas's face and he turned his eyes so he would not have to watch. Pain raced through him as the dagger sliced through one of his nipples. Howling Legolas tried to escape the dagger.

"No! Saes! Daro! Saes!" Legolas pleaded.

His attacker backhanded him and he tasted blood as he bit his lip.

"Shut up!" the words were hissed at him.

"Help me!!! Saes! Daro! Saes! Saes!" Legolas screamed over and over.

Suddenly the man began to beat him bloody. Gasping Legolas tried to protect himself as best he could.

"Where is the ring??"

"I won't tell!!" Legolas spat contempt lacing his voice.

"Foolish elf bruises h bon bones mend, and you can move on. But you can't come back from the dead. Tell me what I want to know!" he shook the elf violently before he hit him again and again.

"Never! Kill me if you want! I won't tell!" Legolas steeled himself for what was to come.

He saw the man raise his dagger and he prepared himself for the final blow. Suddenly the man's weight was forced off him and he struggled to see who was helping him. He saw Elrond's sons and Estel holding down the man. Glorfindel knet next to him and cut his bonds. Glorfindel helped the prince sit upright so he could wrap him up in a cloak. The man managed to throw off Estel and Elladan he raced away into the night. They let him go for they knew they would meet him again and soon.

"Go and get your father! I fear he has been badly beaten. I do not think it wise to move him." Glorfindel said to Elohir and Elladan.

"Do you know who that was?" Estel asked his fried gently trying to keep his mind off the pain.

"No.." Legolas coughed violently making them fear the worst.

Moments later Glorfindel saw Elrond racing toward them followed by his sons.

Legolas opened his eyes and he smiled when he saw Elrond. Elrond knelt next to Glorfindel and he gently took Legolas into his arms. Legolas reached up and stroked his lovers cheek softly.

"I....I never thought i'd see you again." he managed to get out, his voice was very weak.

Elrond looked like he was going to cry. "How do you feel? What hurts the most?"

"I feel bad.....my chest hurts the most. It is hard to breathe." he replied lying a bit.

"Alright I wil get you back to our room.... but first who did this and where is he?" Elrond looked up angrily.

"He got away but he was wearing this, it was torn from his clothes in the scuffle." Estel handed the crest to his father.

"The symbol of Rohan.... Grima." Elrond spat. "He was the emissary from Rohan. That cowardly, lying son of Sauron." Elrond composed himself and he gently gathered Legolas closer and he took him to his room.
Chapter 10 by Carhuine Malthenel
Elrond carefully lays Legolas down on his bed before sending off for hot water. Slowly Elrond strips Legolas of his blood stained clothes. He wrapped Legolas up in a sheet before gathering all his supplies. Elrond bound up the cracked ribs, bandaged the various cuts and scrapes, and applied salve to the bruises and sore muscles. Legolas lay still and slient throughout the treaments. He allowed Elrond to wash his hair, scrub his body, and slip him into a sleeping robe. Elrond babked the fire and put out all the candles till there was only a soft glow. He settled behind Legolas and he pulled him into his arms. They lay like that for several minutes before Legolas broke the silence.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked anxiously.

"Valar no! Why would I be mad at you?" Elrond held LEgolas closer and he stroked his hair.

"It's my fault what happened.... I didn't fight him hard enough. I.....I......I....." Legolas trailed off sobbing.

Elrond turned Legolas till they were facing. "It was not your fault Legolas. You upheld your honor as a warrior." Elrond kissed Legolas lightly before he embraced him.

Legolas cried at these words. Elrond wasn't mad at him and he didn't think it was his fault! Clutching at his love Legolas cried and told of how he felt. How violated, humiliated, embarrassed, and dirty he felt. Elrond listened to all Legolas had to say, he let the other elf purge his feelings.

"These are perfectly normal feelings Legolas. I... we will help you in any way we can." Elrond assured him.

"We?" Legolas was confused.

"Me, my sons, and all the elves of Imladris."

"Oh...." was all Legolas said as reverie took him away.




The days passed swiftly and both Frodo and Legolas recovered but not completely. Frodo would always bear the scar from the nazgul blade. Legolas would always carry the emotional scars and he was still uncomfortable around humans. Legolas sat qmong the elves on the day of the council meeting. His anger rose as he heard the man Boromir insult his friend Estel.

"And what would a mere Ranger know of such things?" Boromir sneered.

"He is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn son of Arathorn!" Legolas snapped jumping up. "You owe him your alleigence."

The look on Boromir's face was priceless. "This is Isuldur's heir?" he asked stunned.

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas couldn't help pointing out.

Aragorn turned to him and ordered him to sit down in elvish. Frowning Legolas sat down wondering if he had done the wrong thing. Boromir muttered something before he sat down. Council contiuned on until the hobbit Frodo volunteered to take the ring to Mt. Doom. Gandalf said he would go then Aragorn pleged his sword to the young one. Legolas knew an elf had to go and he found himself standing and pledging his bow to the hobbit. He went to stand next to Frodo as he looked over to Elrond. Elrond was looking at him sorrowfully with unshed tears in his eyes. Legolas knew he was thinking about the last time he faced Sauron ho he had lost Gil Galad. Predictibly the clumsy dwarf pledged himself as did the human Boromir. Legolas grinned when Sam, Merry, and Pippin said they were going. The look on Elrond's facec was priceless when they appeared. Soon after the council disbanded and everyone left except Legolas, Aragorn, and Elrond. Legolas knelt in front of Elrond.

"I will come back. I swear." Legolas said as he kissed Elrond's hand.

"I cannot help but think of the last time Sauron was defeated. Am I destined to always lose the ones I love?" Elrond lamented sadly. "My lover and son are going on a dangerous quest and I know it is for the best."

"We will keep each other safe." Aragorn tried to soothe his father.

Legolas saw someone move out of the corner of his eye and he saw Boromir fleeing. Arwen approched from the other direction, she looked sad. Saelbeth had told her that Aragorn and Legolas were going on this dangerous quest. She saw her father and the sadness in his eyes and she wanted to strangle Legolas.

"Must you go as well? Surely another elf would be better suited." Arwen snapped at Legolas.

Elrond, Aragorn, and Legolas gaped at her stunned by her tone and words.

"Better suited how?" Legolas asked confused.

"You cannot stand to be around humans and now you will embark upon a quest with three of them? Not very wise." came the icy reply.

"Arwen!" Aragorn could not beleive this was the woman he loved.

"You are going to go and leave my father! If anything happens to you he will die! Die! Hasn't he suffered enough? You say you love him then you do this! You are a fool Legolas Greenleaf! I swear by all thats holy if anything happens to him because of you I will kill you myself!" Arwen shrieked voicing her deepest, darkest fear.

"I will never hurt him. I cannot believe you would insult my honor by voicing such thoughts aloud. Good day milady." Legolas stood and kissed Elrond on the cheek and he stalked off.

Elrond and Aragorn turned to Arwen.

"You have alot of explaining to do young lady." Elrond growls as he stands and grabs her arm. He litteraly drags her to his private study. Aragorn followed quietly not knowing what to expect.
Chapter 11 by Carhuine Malthenel
Elrond thrust Arwen into his study and slammed the doors shut behind him. He was so angry that he shook and he couldn't see straight. Aragorn sat quietly on a couch in a corner and watched his father and love.

"How dare you.......How could you say those things to him? Explain yourself!" Elrond yelled at his daughter.

"I.......I......" Arwen stuttered as she dissolved into tears. She had been horrible and she felt bad now. "I am sorry....."

Elrond sighed and sat behind his desk. "Do not apologize to me. Apologize to him. I understand why you said what you said but it was not your place."

"Not my place? Your my father!" Arwen was agast.

"Yes I am and I am old enough to take care of myself Arwen. Legolas is a fine choice for this mission. I trust him and I know of his skills. Just as I know of Estels skills and abilities, I may not like it but they are the only choices for the journey. The safety of Middle Earth comes before any personal feelings." Elrond stated flatly.

"I care for you, Legolas, and Aragorn. I love all three of you and the thought of them leaving....." Arwen face fell and the tears fell again.

Aragorn stood and knelt in front of her, gently he wiped the tears from her face. "We will watch out for one another.....We will come back to both of you. After this I can claim my throne and only then will I be worthy of you."

Elrond smiled at his foster son and daughter and at the purity of their love. "All will be well my daughter,,,,,,,,I promise." he swore.

Arwen nodded and embraced Aragorn as if she would never let go again.

"I must go and apologize to Legolas...." Arwen stood and was about to leave when her fathers voice stopped her.

"He will be either in the gardens or the forest. He seeks the trees in times of sadness." Elrond informed her. Arwen nodded and left to find him.




Legolas sat in a small clearing surronded on all sides by trees. He had stumbled across it several days ago when his sadness had threathened to overwhelm him. He heard someone softly calling his name and the voice was drawing near. Standing he scouted the area and saw Lady Arwen coming towards him. Frowning he called out his location to her before he sat down. Arwen heard him call out and she followed his voice to a clearing, he was sitting smack in the middle of it. She sat next to him and lowered her head in shame.

"Legolas I apologize for my rude and unforgivable behavior. I was upset that both you and Estel will be leaving on such a dangerous quest. I love my father I only want whats best for him.....And that is you.....alive....n onn one piece......That is why I said those things." she explained.

"I know.....I do understand and if there was another way then I would not go. But I must. I will look out for Estel and he will look out for me. We shall return to you both." He said looking at her seriously.

"He said the same things." Arwen gave a slight smile.

"Did he?" Legolas smiled.

"On this journey you will need comfort.....both of you will. I give you permission to....to...to" Arwen stopped when Legolas laid his hand against her mouth.

"I understand....and I thank you." Legolas gave her a small sad smile.

Arwen smiled and embraced the prince and he returned the hug. They sat there for long minutes not saying anything before they rose and returned to the house.




Legolas returned from his bath to find Elrond looking out the window frowning. Elrond was wearing a light sleeping robe, his hair was flowing and loose about him. Legolas walked up behind his love and wound his arms around Elrond's waist. Elrond laid his head back on Legolas's shoulder sighing as Legolas nibbled on his neck.

"I love you...." Legolas purred into his ear.

"I love you to." Elrond smiled and turned to face his lover.

Elrond kissed Legolas and nipped at his lower lip begging for entry. Moaning Legoals and opened his mouth and sighed as Elrond's tongue swept inside. Legolas fumbled with the fastenings to Elrond's robe only to be stopped by his lovers hands.

"Legolas.......If we don't stop now I won't be able to........." Elrond panted as Legolas nibbled on his ear, He felt warm breath caress his neck as Legolas responded.

"I don't want to stop......take me Elrond........" Legolas offered.

Elrond looked at Legolas with love and wonder in his eyes. "Have you........ever?"

"No....I want you.....Fuck me Elrond....Saes." Legolas undid his robes and let them fall to the floor. The only sound in the room was Elrond's labored breathing as he looked upon what Legolas offered.
Chapter 12 by Carhuine Malthenel
Author's Notes:
Ok this is my second attempt to write a love scene. This is my first attempt to write a complete love scene. I have done it in an rp from the first person never from the third. Sorry if it sucks. *shrugs*
Elrond watched as Legolas removed his robe and he stared at what the prince offered him. He felt unworthy of such beauty and said as much.

"Nay you are the only one worthy of me. I would have only you touch me for the rest of my days. Touch me. Saes!" Legolas said desperatly.

Elrond smiled and closed the distance between them and he took the prince into his arms. He kissed Legolas with a hunger and passion that he had never dared to dream of, Moaning Legolas tangeled his hands in Elrond's hair and pulled the lord closer as if he would never let go. Legolas managed to undo Elrond's robes and he pushed them to the floor. Sighing he stepped back and looked at the Lord of Imladris. Smiling he leaned forward and nibbled a path from Elrond's lips down to his nipples. He sucked and bit one while his hand toyed with the other. Elrond gripped Legolas's sdersders as ecstacy washed over him. Gently he pulled Legolas till he was standing once more and led him to the bed. They lay down side by side and continued their explorations.

"I want to taste you...." Elrond smirked and kissed a firey path down Legolas's face, down his chest, and down to his erection.

Legolas gasped and arched as Elrond took him into his mouth completely. Moaning Legolas grabbed Elrond's hair once again and thrust up into the waiting mouth. Elrond relaxed h is throat and let Legolas fuck his mouth, All to soon Legolas screamed out his release deep into Elrond's throat. Elrond swallowed all Legolas gave him and he kissed Legolas. Legolas could taste himself on his Lord's tongue and it drove him wild with desire.

"Take me Elrond! Saes! I will die if you don't have me!" Legolas begged.

SMiling Elrond kissed and nipped at Legolas's lips while he retreived a vial of oil from the bedside table. Legolas's breath caught in his throat as elrond dribbled some on his hand. Legolas arched and moaned as a finger pressed into him. It hurt not alot but enough to distract him from the pleasure. Elrond muttered soothing words to him as he slowly added a second finger. He curled his fingers seeking ....ah there, Elrond brushed his fingers across legolas's pleasure point. Legolas sobbed as the powerful snesations reduced him to ashes and he begged Elrond to cease his torment. When the prince could accept three of his fingers without a problem Elrond slicked up his cock with the oil and pressed to head against Legloas's small dark openeing. Slowly he pushed inside and paused when the prince hissed in pain. Elrond leaned over and kissed Legolas while he stroked the prince's renewed erection. Legolas wrapped his legs around Elrond's waist and he thrust upward taking Elrond in him in one smooth thrust. Elrond cried out in bliss as he was unexpectedly sheathed inside Legolas.

"I love you Elrond!" Legolas sobbed as Elrond began to thrust inside him.

Each thrust was aimed right at the prince's pleasure point and he arched his back moaning and begging Elrond. For what he didn't know. Elrond wrenched one hand from the prince's hip and began to stroke Legolas. All to soon Legolas came screaming Elrond's name. Elrond thrust once, twice , three more times before esctasy claimed him and he came inside Legolas.

"Legolas.." He moaned as he sed oed over on the prince.

They lay like that for several minutes before Elrond rose and grabbed a washcloth and cleaned them both off. He then lay next to the prince and pulled him into his arms.

"I love you Legolas."

"And I love you Elrond......Diola lle melamin." Legolas's voice was heavy with satisfaction and fatigue.

"Lle creoso my prince. Sleep now for tomorrow you must leave." elrond said sadly.

Legolas turned and looked Elrond in the eye. "I will come back to you I swear."

Elrond nodded and they held each other as they fell asleep fearful of what the approaching dawn would bring.
Chapter 13 by Carhuine Malthenel
Legolas awoke the next morning and noted that Elrond had already risen. Sighing he got up, bathed, dressed, and readied his weapons. He sat in front of the vanity combing his hair when the door opened and Elrond entered. Legolas smiled at his lover but grew serious when he realized he would be leaving soon. Elrond crossed over to stand behind Legolas, he took the comb and began to brush Legolas's hair. Without a word Elrond braided one plait behind Legolas's ear, it was a simple warrior plait. Behind the other ear he braided a love braid. Only an elf would be able to spot the subtle difference in the plaiting. Elrond smiled at Legolas and leaned over and kissed the prince on his cheek.

"I will miss you..." Elrond sighed.

"As I will miss you." Legolas leaned back against Elrond sighing.

Elrond smiled and pulled Legolas to his feet and embraced him. Legolas quietly pulled away and turned and strapped his weapons on.

"I wish to speak to you on one more matter.." Elrond said hesitantly.

"Yes?" Legolas turned a look of confusion on his face.

"This journey will be lonely and full of hardships. If you should wish to find comfort do not deny yourself." Elrond said as he looked into Legolas's eyes.

"What do you mean?" Legolas said slowly.

"You and Estel care for each other greatly. Arwen and I know this. This love you two share does not take away from the love you give me. An elf cannot grieve else you die so I would ask if you feel aggrived then seek comfort with him. I cannot lose you." Elrond turned and gazed out the window.

Legolas walked up behind Elrond and wrapped his arms about his Lord.

"I understand." was all that he needed to say.

Smiling Elrond took the prince's hand and they headed out the door and down the stairs. They saw Estel and Arwen at the base waiting for them. Legolas looked into Aragorn's eyes and he knew that Arwen had talked to him as well. Arwen walked over to him and embraced him before she hugged her father.

"Take care of each other." Arwen said as they walked outside to where the fellowship waited.

Arwen and Elrond stood aside as was proper and said formal goodbyes. But Legolas wouldn't leave with a simple formal good bye. Throwing caution to the wind he leaned forward and kissed Elrond in t oft of one and all. All the eves sighed, and the hobbits giggles. Only Boromit looked scandalized.

"We await the ringbearer." Gandalf said when Legolas joined them.

Frodo walked out the gate and they followed him on this epic journey. They walked all day and set up camp next to some huge rocks. They could be used for hiding if need be. Legolas stood and kept an eye out while the others rested. Boromir was teaching the little ones to fight while Aragorn watched. Gimli and Gandalf were arguing good naturedly about which route to take. Only he was alone and watching out for them. Sighing he gazed out but his mind wandered back to Imladris to Elrond. He wondered if Elrond missed him as much as he did. las las adjusted his cloak and when he did his hand brushed against something hard. He reached inside his cloak and pulled out a small mithril ring. Smiling Legolas recognized it as the ring Elrond had been given on his coming of age. Legolas tucked it back inside close to his heart so he would not lose it. He heard Boromir ask about something so he lookd up toward the sky.

"Crebain from Dunland!" he shouted to Aragorn.

"Hide!" came the urgent instruction.

As they hid it hit Legolas just how hard this journey would be. They would have to dodge Orcs and any other fould beasts Saruman could throw at them. He realized that for the first time in his long life that he could die. The thought scared him but the ring Elrond had given him comforted him as they hid. Legolas knew he would do his best and should he die so be it.
Chapter 14 by Carhuine Malthenel
The mountain had defeated them so Gandalf led them to the gates of Moria. Gimli was excited about seeing the fabled dwarven city but Legolas was terrified. He , being an elf, hated dark encolsed caves. His father used the caves inMirkwood to store jewles in had nevere made them live there. But he went in anyways because he had pleged himself to Frodo and to the Fellowship. Argorn could feel the tension coming off Legolas and Gandalf commented on it to him.

"We must keep an eye on Legolas. Elves have been known to go mad when travelling for days through caves such as these." Gandalf said to Aragorn.

Aragorn nodded and vowed he would not strain the elf to much. They walked for three days and two nights. They fought countless Orcs and even a cave troll. But it was on the third day that they lost Gandalf to a Balrog of Morgoth. Legolas felt himself freeze when this ancient demon, and bane of the elves, showed it's self. Is this how Glorfindel felt when he saw the one closing in on his precious Gondolin? They watched Gandalf fight the beast and win but he fell. Boromir grabbed Frodo and Aragorn had to force Legolas to leave. Outside the hobbits collapsed sobbing in grief, and Boromir looked lost to his private pain.

"Legolas get them up!"

Legolas looked around dazed by the firey pain in his chest and he started for the nearest hobbit.

"Give them a moment for pity's sake!" Boromir spat.

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orc. We must make it to the woods of Lothlorien." Aragorn pulled Sam to his feet and went to see Frodo.

They walked untill the edge of Lothlorien could be seen and they ran for it's protection. Upon entering Legolas's pain eased a bit, here were his kinsmen. He was finaly safe for thr time being. He heard a small sound and he yanked out his bow and aimed it when suddenly they were surrounded by elves pointing bows at them. Legolas aimed his bow at Orophin and he glared at Haldir.

Aragorn raised his hands"We need your protection....Haldir o Lorien."

Haldir glared at the dwarf. "The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." Haldir sneered.

Gimli growled. "Aragorn these woods are perilous we must go back."

"You cannot go back....Come she is waiting." Haldir turned saw Leglolas and gave him a small smile.

They followed Haldir and his brothers to the very heart of Lothlorien were Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn waited. They stood before the two most powerful elves in all Arda before nightfall. When Galadriel gazed at him he looked away shame flooding his thoughts. Shame at his reaction to the Balrog and shame because he was sleeping with this woman's daughter's husband. She dismissed the fellowship but asked that Aragorn and Legolas stay behind, they did so after reassuring Gimli and Boromir. Galadriel and Celeborn led them to a private study where they all sat in front of a fire.

"It has been awhile since we have seen you last Estel....How do you fare?" Galadriel inquired.

"Fine milady."

Galadriel smiled. "Do not worry so Estel I have seen in my mirror that you will marry Arwen."

Aragorn smiled and inclined his head in thanks for the news. Galadriel turned to look at her husband before standing and bidding them goodnight.

"She is not angry with you Legolas." Celeborn said suddenly.

Legolas frowned and looked shocked.

"You and Elrond are adults and make a fine couple, Our daughter is happy and so our son in law should be to." Celeborn said smiling and standing. "I am to show you two to private quarters.

They followed Celeborn to a nice room and he bade them goodnight. Aragorn rolled his eyes at elves and their blatant invitations. He removed his cloak, boots and weapons as did Legolas. They lay on the single bed and held each other for comfort and safety, they soon drifted off. Legolas awoke hours later with an increasing problem in between his thighs. He sighed as Aragorn shifted in sleep and brushed his leg against his arousal. Legolas started when he felt soft lips kiss his ear followed by a warm tongue. Legolas moaned as Aragorn sucked and nibbled on his ear. He rolled over and pinned the man beneith him.

"Be sure you want this Estel." Legolas growled out before he crushed his mouth against Estel's.
Chapter 15 by Carhuine Malthenel
Author's Notes:
Sorry Lady of Legolas but I had to do this! If I didn't the future plot I had planned wouldn't have panned out. Sorry.


Sorry it's been so long but I had writers block! Hope this chapter jives! *prayes* Hope my readers didn't abandon me! *gives puppy eyes.
Aragorn moaned and returned the kiss eagerly, wanting, needing this from the elf. Legolas seemed to sense this and he complied by nipping Aragorn's lower lip. Pulling back he began to strip the human underneith him until Aragorn was completly naked. Aragorn unbuttoned Legolas's tunic and ran his hands down the elf's exposed chest. Legolas sighed while leaned forward and taking one of Aragorn's nipples into his mouth. He sucked and nibbled on one, while his hand toyed with the other. Aragorn growled low in his throat at the delicious sensations. Legolas smiled at his lover.

"What do you want Estel?" Legolas teased.

"You...." Aragorn managed to get out.

"Me? How?" Legolas placed small fluttering kisses along the strong jawline.

"Inside me.....now!" Aragorn said as he suddenly flipped Legolas onto his back.

Stunned Legolas looked up at Estel with a smirk. "Now what are you going to do..Ohhhhhhhhhh"

Legolas moaned as Aragorn took his erection into his mouth and sucked. Aragorn took the elf all the way inside his mouth as he sucked. One hand crept down to cup the elf's balls. Aragorn teased the prince right up until he was almost coming. He stopped and Legolas let out a growl of frustration. Before the elf could voice his complaint Aragorn straddled the prince and slowly lowered himself on the elf's raging hard on. Legolas gasped and thrust up as Aragorn impaled himself. When their hips rested against the others Aragorn paused for a moment. He slowly started rocking his hips causing the loveliest sonds from the elf. Soon his own desire could not be ignored any longer and he set a fast brutal pace. Legolas tossed his head back and released a keening moan aa Aragorn sped up. He gripped the human's hips hard enough to bruise. Aragorn leaned forward and claimed the elf's lips in a bruising kiss. Soon, all to soon, they were screaming their release into each others mouths. Gasping Aragorn slumped forward on top of the elf. Legolas kissed the top of the ranger's head and withdrew from his body. Aragorn moaned as Legolas moved him untill he rested in front of the elf. Legolas spooned up behind him and they both drifted off.




Boromir had had enough he wanted to know where Aragorn was and he wanted to know now! Had these elves done something to him? Where was Legolas also? Frodo wanted to see Aragorn and Boromir had promised the halfling he would find him. Sighing he stood and began to walk through the woods.

"I wouldn't stray to far if I was you." A voice said from behind him.

Tunrning he saw the elf Haldir standing there.

"Where is Aragorn? Frodo wants to see him." Boromir demanded.

"They are in late counsel with the Lord and Lady. You will see them again on the morrow. Go rest son of Gondor." Haldir smiled and left the human to his thoughts.

Boromir returned to camp and told Frodo that they would see Aragorn in the morning.




They stayed in Lorien for a week before they felt the need to move on. Galadriel and Celeborn gave them food, boats, and cloaks to protect them. A gift was given to each member of the fellowship before they set out. They rode in the boats for days until they reached the Rauros falls. There they were attacked by Uruk Hai. Boromir was killed, Merry and Pippin kidnapped. Frodo and Sam set out for Mordor alone. For days Gimli, Aragorn, and Legolas raced after the to to find their kidnapped friends. They found themselves in Rohan surrounded by angry humans. Only after much arguing and re assuring they were given two horses and told where the Uruk were slain. The sifted through the ashes and discovered that Merry and Pippin had escaped into the Fangorn Forest. They followed the tracks and were led to the white wizard. Only it was not Sarurman but Gandalf! Gandalf told them that the haflings were with a Ent. Together the four of them rode to Edoras to see King Theoden.
Chapter 16 by Carhuine Malthenel
Legolas stood on the battlements looking down upon the hordes of Uruk Hai. The rain pounded on them as the wind whipped around them angrily. Legolasod aod amongst several hundred elves that had arrived earlier to everyones delight. Haldir stood tall and proud as he readied his bow. Legolas closed his eyes for a minute and thought of his beloved. Legolas was almost certain that he would die tonight. Even with the elves help they were horribly outnumbered. Legolas opened his eyes as Aragorn told them to make ready. Legolas raised his bow and readied an arrow, he sent a swift prayer to the Valar. The Uruk charged and the elves released volly after volley of arrows. Legolas never took his eyes off Aragorn as they fought. He had sworn to Arwen to watch the humans back after all.

"Legolas!"

Aragorn shout tore him from his thoughts. Turning Legolas saw an Uruk running to ward the keep. He held a flaming brand in his hand. Legolas shot him but it didn't kill him.

"Kill him!"

Legolas fired off another arrow but it wasn't in time. There was a horribe explosion as the wall was torn apart. Legolas and Aragorn were flung high into the air. Legolas hit the ground with a bone jarring thud, he gasped as the wind was knocked from him. Suddenly an Orc was standing over him, sword readied to kill him. Legolas tried to regain his footing but the Orc knocked him down again. The Orc grinned enjoying the little game as he toyed with the elf. Suddenly another elf materilized behind the Orc and killed it. Legolas took the other elf's offered hand as he stood. Legolas grabbed his sword and continued to fight when he heard Aragorn calling for a retreat. Legolas td and and headed for the inner keep's entrance when he saw Haldir turn to look at Aragorn. His eyes widened as he saw a Uruk raise his sword to kill the march warden. Legolas fired off an arrow beofore he even thought about it. The Uruk fell and pinned the March warden beneith him. Running fast Legolas tossed the dead Uruk off his friend.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he pulled the elf to his feet.

Haldir winced and clutched at his side, his hand came away sticky with blood. "Just a scratch."

Legolas led him inside the keep just before the gates were barred. Haldir sat down wincing as he pulled the cut on his side. Aragorn came over and assesed the injury.

"It is not bad." Aragorn said as he cleaned the cut and bandaged it.

"Thank you Estel." Haldir said when he was done. "And thank you Legolas....for saving my life."

Legolas squeezed Haldir'ouldoulder comfortingly. "You would have done the same for me mellon."




The next morning dawned and there was no sign of Gandalf or the help he was supposed to bring. Aragorn convinced Theoden to ride out valiantly one more time, Theoden agreed and the mounted their horses, the remaning survivors charged out behind them. As they fought for what they thought was the last time when suddenly Gandalf appeared oover the horizion leading Eomer and his twousanusand men. Charging Eomer and his group quickly dispatched the last of the Uruk. A c aro arose from the battered and bloodied survivors. They had won, they had survived! The race of men was still standing, and that in it's self was a supreme victory.

The clean up had begun and the number of dead was shocking. Almost half of the elves had perished and about two hundred men had fallen.




What Legolas didn't know however was that he was being watched. An elf followed his every movement, every gesture. The elf had heard about how Grima had been set free. How the horrid man had run to Saruman and now lived at Orthanic. The elf wanted that man dead, because the elf was Lord Elrond. Grima had greviously injured his beloved and he would make him pay.

"When shall you tell him?" Haldir asked coming up behind Elrond.

"Soon. See if you can get him alone. Saes." Elrond asked turning to look at Haldir.

"Of course." Haldir smiled and bowed slightly.

Elrond went inside the keep and sat in a shadowy corner.




"Legolas!"

Legolas turned when he heard Haldir call out his name. "Aye?"

"I wish to speake with you mellon.." Haldir said.

"Sure. Here? Or inside the keep?" Legolas asked polietly.

"Inside plese." Haldir turned and went inside with Legolas traling behind him.

Elrond watched as Haldir entered the keep with Legolas trailing behind him. Haldir led Legolas close to the cornere where Elrond was.

"What did you wish to tell me?" Legolas asked unnerved.

Haldir smiled and turned Legolas so he was facing the corner. "Have fun." Hr whr whispered into his ear before he left.

"Wha..." Legolas trailed off as the elf in the corner stepped into the light.

Even in the plain tunic and leggings of a simple warrior Elrond was a sight to behold. Legolas opened his mouth to speak but Elrond laid a finger on his lips before he leaned in and kissed the prince.
Chapter 17 by Carhuine Malthenel
When Elrond ended the kiss Leoglas stepped back and simply looked at him. Legolas fingered a soft lock of Elrond's hair.

"How...when?" Legolas asked slightly breathless.

Elrond smiled. "Since the elevs arrived. I needed to be sire you and my son made it."

Legolas smiled but inside the guilt ate at him. He had slept with his beloved's son...even though they had his blessing he still felt horrible.

Elrond noted that slight frown on the prince's face. "Something wrong melamin?"

Legolas shook himself mentaly. "Nay...I was just thinking what would have happened if you had fallen."

"Do not think such things!" Elrond chided him.

Legolas opened his mouth to respond when the doors to the keep burst open and Aragorn strode in.

"There you are Legolas! I saw you leave with Haldir and not come back out when he did....." Aragorn trailed off as he saw who Legolas was talking to. "Father?"

Elrond smiled, nodded and embraced his son.

Aragorn returned the hug and smiled broadly. "It is good to see you! How fares Arwen?"

At the lady's name the guilt returned full force upon both of them. Elrond noted this and wondered what had occured between those two.

"Fine. She misses you." Elrond said softly. "Both of you sit now." Elrond pointed to the center table.

They sat exchanging worried looks, they both knew Elrond had seen the glances they exchanged.

"What is wrong father?" Aragorn asked.

"I was hoping you two could tell me that." Elrond said as he looked at them.

"Wee...e.....ummmm in Lorien." Aragorn tried to say.

"We slept together in Lorien." Legolas confessed not looking at Elrond.

"Valar! Is that all? You two had me worried." Elrond sighed and looked releived.

"What do you mean is that all? Isn't that bad enough?" Aragorn asked perplexed.

"Me and Arweew sew something like this would happen. You needed each other. We gave you our blessing!" Elrond said exasperated.

"But we thought....you were just saying that!" Legolas input softly.

"I would never do that to either of you...."

Elrond started to say more but the doors opened and Eomer came inside looking concerned.

"Aragorn are ylriglright? I heard raised voices." Eomer asked as he eyed the strange elf before him.

"Aye...Eomer this is my foster father Elrond Lord of Rivendell." Aragorn said. "Ada this is Eomer nephew to Theoden king."

Elrond smiled "Ahhh I am pleased to meet you. I have been wanting to speak with you,"

"About what?" Eomer asked a little suspicioius.

"What became of the man called Grima?"

"He was released and he went back to Isenguard." Eomer looked angry.

"WhyElroElrond asked shocked.

"My uncle wwished to kill him but Aragorn and Legoals begged for his life. Saying to many had died."

Legolas jumped up and placed his hand on Elrond's shoulder. "It is over! I am fine! Please let it go love."

"I cannot! How can you forgive what he did to you? He must be made to pay!" Elrond looked at Legolas his face a mask of pain and anguish.

"You cannot change the past...the Valar will see he gets what he deserves." Legolas leaned in and kissed Elrond softly.

Eomer watched all this and was shocked. The Lord and a Prince? Grima had hurt Legolas? When Grima had returned from Rivendell he had bragged about forcing an elf....was it Legolas? Eomer wondered how much to tell these people.

"Eomer when Grima returned did he say anything about why he was sent home early?" Elrond asked as he looked into Eomer's eyes.

Eomer hesitated...
Chapter 18 by Carhuine Malthenel
Author's Notes:
Sorry rl has been so fucking hectic. What with the flooding, sick kid, bad job, and weird man. Here is a chp to enjoy!
Eomer sighed and sat down at the table, he ran his fingers through his hair. He wondered how much to tell these warriors.

"When Grima came back earlier then planned...I wondered why. Mu uncle never questioned him because Saruman had him under his control at the time. But Grima bragged to the men about an elf. That he had done some bad things to the elf. He said he would have donre ire if he had not been stopped. When Gandalf broke the spell my uncle wanted to kill the worm but Legolas and Aragorn begged him not to. I never knew why. Legolas was not the first to do such things to......" Eomer trailed off.

Elrond had his arm wrapped around the prince for support. "What else did he do?"

"I do not wish to say." Eomer said shortly.

"Please...." Elrond began but he was cut off.

"Do not ask me I beg of you!" Eomer shouted as he slammed his hand down on the table.

"What did he do to you?" Legolas asked softly knowing the denial that shone in the horse lord's eyes.

Eomer's head snapped up and he sneered at Legolas but kept silent.

"Eomer! You must tell them!" Eowyn intrupted sadly. "Legolas will understand.."

"'Wyn! Be silent! It will do no good to dredge up the past!" Eomer spat furiously.

"Stop being a coward! They can help you they are elves! They help people!" Eowyn said naively.

"'Wyn stop being a child!..."

But Eowyn ignored him and turned to Lord Elrond. "Grima beat Eomer badly when he was a child. Eomer took it to protect me. But this secis kis killing him!"

"By the gods woman if you were not my sister you would be dead where you stand!" Eomer shouted as he turned and stormed out of the room.

Eowyn sighed and left to go to the healing quarters.




Eomer stood out on the battlments looking at the corpses of Orc and Uruk. Legolas walked out and stood behind him, Elrhad had gone to find them private quarters.

"You feel it to don't you?" Legolas asked quietly. "The shame. You ask yourself the what if questions. I know how you feel. Do you wish to talk?"

"I was a child and he took my childhood away. My uncle never knew." Eomer said as Legolas stood next to him.

"You should tell him."

"Why? It's past..."

"The past can still hurt you."

"Maybe..."

"It can. It can even kill an elf. I am glad Elrond loves me. He is why I didn't leave when the snake attacked me."

"I was wondering did he..."

"No...He wanted to but Elladan and Elorhir stopped him. You?"

"He tried Gamling came in...then on I was never alone with him. Nor was Eowyn."

"Tell Theoden King....He can help you."

"Ok......LEGOLAS!"

Eomer shouted as Legolas passed out, stunned Eomer found a small puncture wound under his arm pit. He gathered Legolas up in his arms and ran into the keep.
Chapter 19 by Carhuine Malthenel
Eomer carried Legolas back inside the keep and to the healing wing. Eowyn started as the door burst open. She stared in shock as Eomer laid the unconscious elf on the bed.

"'Wyn go find Lord Elrond. Now!" Eomer shouted.

Nodding Eowyn ran off as Eomer stripped off the elf's tunic. Cursing Eomer cleaned up the small wound. The door opened and Elrond entered followed by Eowyn. Eomer stepped back and allowed the Lord to inspect his lover. Elrond noticed the wound but he knew that was not all that was wrong with his beloved.

"What were you two talking about?" he asked as he put a salve on the wound and bandaged it.

"Grima." Eomer spat the man's name as if it was venomous.

Elrond sighed and placed his hands on Legolas's head. After a few minutes Elrond frowned.

"Saruman has placed a spell on him. He is using what Grima did to him......he is lost in darkness." Elrond said as he stood angrily. "Watch out for him please Lady Eowyn."

With that Elrond left the room and Eomer followed.

"Where are you going?" he asked the elf lord.

"Isenguard." He said sharply.

"I wish to come with you."

Elrond noddedandaandalf and Aragorn will come also. Ready some horses please Eomer."

Eomer nodded and left the keep; he he out out to the stables and ordered three horses prepared. Gandalf would undoubtedly ride his mount, Shadowfax. While the young horse lord was in the stables Elrond found Aragorn and Gandalf. He quickly explains what is going on and asked them to ride to Isenguard with him and Eomer. They agreed and said they would make ready. Aragorn told Gimli and Gimli swore to help Eowyn keep Legolas alive. Within the hour the four of them were off and riding toward Isenguard. They rode hard and were able to reach Isenguard as evening approached.
End Notes:
Sorry it's so short.
Chapter 20 by Carhuine Malthenel
Gandalf stood before the broken gates of Isenguard. The Ents now ruled the place and Saruman along with Grima was locked isinde the tower. They were powerless. Elrond and Eomer dismounted apprapproached the tower. Gandalf and Aragorn had decided that these two shohandhandle this talk. Out of the four od them they had suffered the most under Grima's hands. They stopped at the foot of a long staircase, at the top stood Grima and Saurman. Using magic Gandalf had rent Saurman's staff in two so the mage was now powerless.ma hma hid behind Saurman as he knew why the horseman and elf lord was there.

"What did you do to the Prince Legolas?" Elrond demanded.

"A simple spell that cast his mind into darkness and there is no escape." Saruman sneered at Elrond.

"Step aside wizard for we came fot that pathetic snake behind you." Eomer hissed.

Saurman laughed but did not stand aside. "Why should I do that? I rather enjoyed his tales of what he did to you and to the brat of Mirkwood."

Eomer's hand clenched on his sword as he glared at the mage. Elrond put is hand on the young lord's shoulder as he stepped forward.

"Such tales shall not provoke a response from us! Stand aside wizard of I will slay you where you stand." Elrond demaded.

"I WILL NOT STAND ASIDE YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN ELF!" Saurman roared. "Sauron showed me everything about you Elrond half elven. Your liasions with Gil Galad, how you sobbed like a girl when he died, how you married that elf bitch for comfort and he showed me what he is going to do to your precious Arwen. How he will abuse Estel, Elladan and Elrohir when he rules this land! Torture and a prolonged death. I keep Legolas alive for him also. Everyone you care for will die by his hands."

No one, not even Gandlaf, saw it happen; one minute Saruman was threatning Elrond's children and lover and the next he was falling on the floor an arrow lodged in his chest. Galdalf looked over at Elrond who was now huddled on the floor shaking and crying. A bow lay on the floor next to him and his quiver had only one arrow in it and it was gone. The wizard's words had really affected the half elf. Aragorn went over and pulled his father to him. Elrond held his son as he cried all the tears he didn't shed for the past age. Eomer strode up the stairs and toward Grima who was on his knees begging for his life. Eomer rasied his sword and in one fell swoop he decapitated the sniveling worm. He did it for himself, for Eowyn, and most of all for Legolas. Eomer spit on the corpse as he spun on his heel and walked down the stairs. Gandalf stood by watching and not interfering with any of this. After it was all said and done Gandalf knelt next to Elrond and laid his hands on the half elf's head andsperspered a few words. Aragorn caught Elrond as the half elf as he slumped forward.

"I put him to sleep once we return to Helm's Deep he will need Legolas and Legolas will need him. Only they can comfort each other now." Gandalf said quietly.

Aragorn nodded and picked up his father and the three of them left Isenguard for good.




Eowyn ran for the healing wing she could hear Legolas screaming at the top of his lungs. She burst into the room and she saw him shaking and fighting invisible attackers. He was screaming Elrond's name over and over. At a loss Eowyn wrapped he arms around him and held on tight. After a few minutes his stuggles ceased but he still sobbed and called out for Elrond. He screamed for his beloved even after his voice was gone.
Chapter 21 by Carhuine Malthenel
Aragorn held Lord Elrond securely in front of him as they rode back to Helm's Deep where Legolas was. Eomer rode in front should they encounter any of Sauron's fell beasts. Gandalf had wanted to stay in Isenguard but Aragorn could not care for his father and Legolas. He simply didn't have the expertise he needed to ensure their survival. Gandalf was worried because he knew Legolas was suffering back at Isenguard. The spell Saruman spoke of was a lethal one if your beloved wasn't close. It preyed on your mind and made you think your lover was dead or gone. To wake after such events and not see your lover had the abilities to kill elves and make men insane. They rode hard for three days and on the night of the third day they reached Helm's Deep. Eomer was stunned to see Eowyn standing there and she looked like she had been crying.

"What news?" Eomer asked as he dismounted.

"Legolas is dying. He does nothing but thrash around and scream." Eowyn sobbed as she flung herself into her brother's arms.

"There is no time to lose. Aragorn take Elrond to Legolas's chambers at once. I shall be there shortly." Gandalf instructed as he hurried inside the keep.

Aragorn carried Elrond inside and to Legolas's chamber. Long before he got there he could hear Legolas's pained cries for his lover. Aragorn hurried along and a guard opened the door. Legolas was thrashing around on the bed as two healers tried to hold him down. Angered Aragorn ordered them to leave and never touch his friend again. They left and Aragorn laid Elrond on the bed next to Legolas. Almost immediately Legolas clamed and opened his eyes.

"Aragorn? Wha...?" Legolas struggled to talk.

"Saruman cast a spell on you and made you fall into darkness." Aragorn said as he removed Elrond's outer robes.

"Elrond?"

"He killed Saruman because he threatened you, me, Arwen and the twins. He was distraught so Gandalf put him in a healing sleep."

"For you both need each other to heal." Gandalf said from the doorway.

Legolas smiled softly as he reached out and pulled his lover to him. Gandalf brewed Legolas a tea for his throat and stayed until it was all gone. Aragorn sat next to the bed as Legolas fell asleep holding his love.
Chapter 22 by Carhuine Malthenel
Author's Notes:
(two years after last chapter)
Legolas leaned against the rail as he looked out at Imladris. His heart was heavy as he watched his love making preperations. Elrond, Galadriel and many of the Imladris elves were going to sail for Valinor tomorrow. Elrond looked up and saw his lover's forlorn expression and his heart ached. Legolas was staying behind as were his sons, it was not their time to sail. His sons had been tempted to become mortal like their sister but they knew they could not. They would stay in Gondor with Legolas untill Aragorn and Arwen passed into the Halls of Waiting. Elrond smiled and thought back to the day at Helm's Deep.




Elrond opened his eyes and was greeted by Legolas's beautiful blue orbs.

"Amin mela lle Elrond." he had whispered before he kissed the half elf.

"Amin mela lle Legolas." he had murmured against the prince's lips.

"I will wait for you."

"And I shall wait for you in Valinor."

"Love me"

He could not ignore the soft request so he rolled over on top of the prince and showed him how much he loved him.




Legolas smiled and went back inside their rooms, a few mintues later Elrond came inside also. Elrond pulled the blonde into a fierce embrace as he knew that tonight would be the last night he would hold him in a long, long time. Legolas kissed Elrond desperatly as if he could fend off the coming morn.

"Love me" he whispered against his lovers lips.

And he was obliged.




Elrond and Galadriel met every ship that came to Valinor and time and time again they left together. They comforted one another in their times of darkness. He yearned for Legolas and she CeleCeleborn. Many thought that they were sleeping together but they never took that step. They swore to wait for their beloved elves and they did. Elrond was pleased to learn that Celebrain had healed and had fallen in love again with a mirkwood elf named Saelbeth. This time when the ship approached they saw four silver heads and one blonde. Legolas could hardly wait for the boat to dock because he craved the feeling of Elrond's arms around him. Legolas tore off the ship and threw himself at Elrond. Time had not dimmed their love. To Legolas Elrond was his savior. He had saed him long ago when he woke up in Imladris those many years ago. He had been saved by love.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=3278