The End of An Era by Nakuru Akitzuki
Summary: Cold hearted Prince Legolas travels to Rivendell. Will his cold heart be melted?
Categories: FPS > Haldir/Elladan, FPS, FPS > Elrohir/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Elrohir, FPS > Elladan/Haldir Characters: Elanor, Elladan, Elrohir, Haldir of Lothlórien, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: AU
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1939 Read: 5063 Published: August 09, 2012 Updated: August 09, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by Nakuru Akitzuki

2. Chapter 2 by Nakuru Akitzuki

3. Chapter 3 by Nakuru Akitzuki

Chapter 1 by Nakuru Akitzuki
"It'd be easier to melt the ice around the heart of Legolas of Mirkwood."

A phrase commonly used to describe a task that seems impossible. Prince Legolas of Mirkwood was the youngest son of King Thranduil and renown all over Middle Earth for his cold heart, shrewd behavior, and blase attitude. Though he was fair to all the people of his land, many overlooked that fact. He was very handsome, even by Elven standards, and was the object of many suitors. All of whom he rejected. Let us now enter the realm of Mirkwood, and listen to what is happening.

"Father? What? Why? I don't understand." Legolas said. Thranduil sighed. "I am sending you to Imladris. I hope the happy atmosphere there will bring some sense to you. Or one of Elrond's sons will knock some into you! You can't just mope around here all day for the rest of you immortal life!"

Legolas looked down at the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but what happened to the little Legolas who was so hyper and played pranks on everyone? You Brother's agree, and so does Melefina, though she doesn't understand." "Fine then. Have someone pack my things while I go say good-bye to Mel." Legolas said as he stood and left.

"Brother? Why are you leaving me?" Melefina cried. "Oh come on Mel. Don't cry. I'll only be in Rivendell two years." Melefina, or Mel, was Legolas' little sister. "But I don't want you to go! No-one will be around to play with me!" Little Melefina Greenleaf was the only thing that got through the barriers Legolas had erected. "Mel, Please don't be sad. I'll be back before you know it. And then, I'll teach you how to pick the locks in the kitchen." Melefina smiled and nodded.

She pushed him out the door. "The sooner you leave, the sooner you come back!" She cried happily to him. Legolas gave her a very rare smile and went to the stable where everything was ready. "My son, Remus will accompany you to Rivendell. Lord Elrond will be expecting you. Legolas nodded. "Good-bye Father." He said before sitting down in the carriage that was there.




Elladan, Elrohir, Estel, and Arwen all looked at their father in surprise. "Legolas Greenleaf. Coming Here? How..." "Absurd!" Elladan hollered in, finishing Estel's sentence.

"I think it will be wonderful! I haven't seen Legolas since before his mother died." Arwen murmured softly.

"He has changed much, my daughter. You have heard that he has not been the same. Do not expect him to be the same Legolas you terrorized innocent elves with." Elrond said.

"I understand, Ada," she said.

Elladan and Elrohir looked at her in surprise. "You know Legolas, Sister?" The twins asked. "I did." "What was he like?" Estel asked his foster-sister. "He was very cute, though I guess he has matured a bit by now. He was very fun loving and we played pranks on every elf in both houses. Though...now I feel as if He was hurt deeply by his mother's death and has refused to come out of his shell."

"A prankster, eh?" Elrohir said happily. He caught his twin's eyes and the grinned maniacally.




Legolas sighed as he looked out at the scenery boredly. "Sigh. What a boring place." He turned to Remus. "Wake me when we get there." He said before falling asleep. Remus sighed. "The contempt in his eyes. This can't be good for an Elf." He muttered. A while later they arrived at The Last Homely House.
Chapter 2 by Nakuru Akitzuki
Remus shook Legolas awake. "We're here." He said. Legolas stretched and got out of the carriage. He came to Lord Elrond and his children and bowed. "Hello Lord Elrond. Thank you for letting me stay here."

"It is no trouble at all. These are my children, Elladan and Elrohir. My foster son Estel, and you already know my daughter Arwen." Legolas looked at her and gave an imperceptible smile.

"Hello, Arwen. I haven't seen you in ages. How have you been?"

"Wonderfully bored! I can't do anything. So how are you?"

"I am...Well. I must say I am as bored as you are, for nothing interests me anymore," Legolas said. "

Arwen smiled."I would show you around so that you can reacquaint yourself with things but I must go to Lothlorien."

"Farewell, Arwen Evenstar." Legolas said as she departed. "So, You will have the same room as when last you were here. Estel can show you the way. Dinner will be soon."

Legolas nodded. Estel and him set off. "Thank you for showing the me the way, Estel, but I am in no need of a guide through the Last Homely House. I was here many many times before you were born."

Estel shrugged. "Fine then."

Legolas opened the door and a bucket of water fell on his head. He was thoroughly drenched. He blinked and took the bucket off his head. He sat it on the floor and then changed clothes. He walked down the corridors and went to the dining hall when he was summoned. He sat down next to Elladan and Lord Elrond. "Tell me, Lord Elrond. Are your twin sons pranksters?" He asked. He saw Elladan pale and Elrohir's eyes widen slightly. They whispered to each other after Legolas gave them a knowing smirk.

"He KNOWS!" Elladan hissed. "I KNOW that! But..what is he going to do?" Elrohir replied. They missed Lord Elrond's reply. As he got up to leave, Legolas bent down near the twin's ears. "Of course you know, this means WAR." They paled as Legolas sauntered away.

"Boys. Behave yourselves." Elrond said. "But ADA! It's a WAR!" Elladan whined. Estel snorted.

"Yes, War that will disrupt all of Imladris." Elrond said Dryly.




The next morning, two screams could be heard. They both shouted the same thing. "LEGOLAS GREENLEAF!" In the Dining Hall, Legolas chuckled as he drank his tea. Elladan and Elrohir stormed in. Elladan had red hair and Elrohir had blue.

"Why, What happened to you two?" Legolas said. Estel was roaring with laughter and Elrond had to suppress chuckles. They sat down and began to drink their tea. Their identical faces scrunched up. Elrond's eyes widened and his attempt at smothering laughter failed. Their whole mouths were stained black. Legolas smirked. "Score, Lord Elrond?"

"Twins: 1. Legolas: 2." That sent Estel in another fit of laughter and made Elladan and Elrohir glare harder.

"Now, now boys. Be nice!"

"Oh, We are being nice, Lord Elrond. I have not yet begun to fight." Legolas said. He excused himself. As did the twins.

"Legolas Greenleaf. A word if you don't mind!" Elladan shouted.

"But I DO mind, and now I must get going so.."

Elrohir grabbed Legolas' wrist. "What's with the pranks? I heard that you were........"

"Cold? Stuck up? Emotionless? Yes, Yes, I know I am. But being back in Rivendell is just so...." Legolas sighed. "I can't explain it, but....I fell like I can forget my problems here. Hence, the return to pranks."

"You don't have to be so....GOOD at it though! We're supposed to be the best pranksters in Rivendell!"

Legolas smirked at the twins. "Then you'll have to fight me for it, Dearies." He said sarcastically.

They smiled. "A formal declaration of Prank war?" "We can't turn that down."

"None of Rivendell shall be safe." Glorfindel muttered as he passed by on his way to Lord Elrond's Study.
Chapter 3 by Nakuru Akitzuki
Estel had been watching the Prank War, or Rivendell War 2 as those who remembered Legolas' last visit to see Princess Arwen so FONDLY called it, for a while and had come to one conclusion. No one was safe. Poor Glorfindel, who would later be cut out of the Movies, was one of the most often victims.

But one day, Glorfindel, and every other elf in Rivendell, breathed a sigh of relief. Lord Thranduil was coming to Rivendell with Young Princess Melefina for a conference with Lord Elrond. Everyone knew that Legolas would be on his BEST behavior in front of his father. It was ever rumored that there was a truce between the Twins and Legolas. This of course, was denied and denied by the twins and not mentioned to Legolas.

Legolas stood straight as a pole next to Estel at the end of the line of people waiting to see The Royalty of Mirkwood. Melefina and Lord Thranduil rode up on horses followed by a host of Mirkwood elves. Remus, Melefina's favorite Elven Guard and the one who had accompanied Legolas to Rivendell, helped the little girl off the horse. Her Eyes went straight to Legolas and She grinned, waving madly. A slight twitch of his lips showed her that he was happy to see her, too.

Thranduil and Elrond immediately went off to Elrond's Study to discuss whatever they were going to discuss. Legolas Immediately slouched a little when no one was watching and Melefina ran up to him. "Brother!" She cried as she hugged him, threatening to break his ribs. "Hi Mel. I'll introduce you to everyone Ok? That's Estel, and those are Elrohir and Elladan. Arwen's in Lothlorien right now, and that's Glorfindel, WONDERFULLY good sport, Glorfindel is! Poor guy's been pelted with pranks. And that's Erestor."

Melefina curtsied to them all. "It's nice to meet you all. Leggy, where am I staying?"

Elrohir and Elladan looked at each other. "Leggy?" They asked, before breaking into fits of laughter. Estel smiled and shook his head at the twins. Glorfindel ignored it. "Come Princess Melefina, I'll show you to your room. I'm sure that...Leggy...can handle the twins when you aren't around to see the bloodshed."

Melefina looked puzzled but followed the blonde haired elf. Once Melefina was out of his sight, Legolas smirked at the twins and cracked his knuckles. The twins looked up and gulped. Though they were FAR from weak, an angry Legolas bent on killing them wasn't exactly a pretty idea.

"We're sorry Leggy!" Elrohir Cried. "We didn't mean it!" Elladan said. "DON'T HURT US!" They said together. Estel looked at them like they had grown second heads and walked off thinking of the oddities that followed the Mirkwood Prince.

Legolas sighed. "Fine. I won't hurt you. Now, Two rules. NEVER CALL ME LEGGY! And, Leave Melefina OUT of the pranks. Got it?" "Yes, Ma'am!" they cheered before running off. Legolas growled and ran after them, shouting "DON'T CALL ME MA'AM!"

In his study, Elrond sighed. Thranduil looked surprised. "Is that my son yelling, or am I hearing things?" He asked. "Oh no, that's your son, unless all of Rivendell in hearing things."




There was a rumor flying around all of Imladris the next day. There was going to be a HUGE party in the home of Elrond, and Most of the realm was invited, Plus many people from others. Even DWARVES and HOBBITS and HUMANS! And of course, Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn were bringing some people form Lothlorien.

"Brother, this will be so fun! I wonder who will take me to the party?" Melefina asked. Legolas grinned. "Aren't you a little young to worry about dating? Why don't you have Remus take you? I Actually trust him." Melefina grinned. "OK!" She ran off.

The party was, of course, not just a rumor, and was for some celebration which none were informed of. Which made Legolas think. 'Why would they have a party? Certainly not because of Father arriving. No...this is something different.' And then, a horrible Idea came into his mind. An idea that made him want to be sick, even though Elves don't get sick. "No...They WOULDN'T. Would they?"
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=3166