Something You Long For by Himeko Himura
Summary: The alliance between Men and Elves no longer exist. Elves have become but a legend to men and have hid from the eyes of mortals for a very long time. Aragorn is a young man on a quest to reclaim what is his when he gets captured in the golden woods of Lothlorien. There, he finds that the love of an elf, can conquer all.
Categories: FPS > Haldir/Celeborn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS > Haldir/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Haldir, FPS > Celeborn/Haldir Characters: Aragorn, Celeborn, Haldir of Lothlórien, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: AU
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1809 Read: 937 Published: August 08, 2012 Updated: August 08, 2012
Story Notes:
Yeah, well this fic came out of nowhere. I was just sitting at my desk, trying to figure out something to write where POOF, this came out. I have no idea where this story is going, only that it is. Kind of a weird story that just seemed to be dying to get on paper...

1. Chapter 1 by Himeko Himura

Chapter 1 by Himeko Himura
Aragorn leapt over the log, his breath coming in short gasps as he raced for his life. He ducked as another arrow shot past his head and embedded itself in the tree in front of him. He cringed inwardly. He knew that if they wanted him dead, he would have a dozen arrows jutting from his back before he could have taken another step. "Auta!" they shouted in Elvish. He kept running. He knew they would catch him anyway. It was only a matter of time.

After a few more evasive maneuvers, he was surprised when the arrows stopped coming and the shouts disappeared. He looked back to see how far they were away from him, and to his surprise they were no longer there. He slowed down to a brisk walk, all the time looking over his shoulder expecting to see the blond hair of the Lothlorien Elves. He took a deep breath. Good, there was still a chance he could get out of this forest alive.

"Don't take another step, mortal." Aragorn stopped dead, his eyes wide with surprise and horror. In front of him stood an elf with his bow notched and ready to shoot. Aragorn raised his hand tentatively. The rustle of leaves warned him of the presence of others, but he dare not move his head to look. "What are you doing here, Mortal? This is the realm of the Lady of the Golden Wood and it is no place for humans."

"I have not come in hostility, but only for passage." Aragorn replied, eyeing the sharp tip of the arrow aimed at his heart. His mind raced with plan of escape, but none of them accomplishable without having wooden sticks coming out of him in a hundred different places and angles.

"What is your name?" asked the Elf.

"Aragorn," replied Aragorn hesitantly. "Please, I come in peace."

The Elf raised an eyebrow. "Please?" the Elf said critically. "It has been many years since a man has said such words to an elf." He lowered his bow. "I shall take you to the Lady Galadriel. She will know what to do with you and if your intentions are as true as you claim." The elf motioned for the other elves to blindfold him. "We will blindfold you so that you will not know to where you go." Aragorn nodded in understanding and let them do so. They disarmed him and started to lead him through the trees. Many times he tripped, but the elves kept a steady hand on him to keep him from falling. A sudden incline of plane told him that he was going up, but when they finally took the cloth away from his eyes, he saw that he was indeed up, but he did not expect the height. Aragorn clamped his hand on the railing, his head swimming with sudden vertigo. The elves behind him urged him forward and after a minute of adjustment, he continued on his head slightly swimming.

Now past his initial fear, he took the time to look about him and Aragorn found that he had entered a realm of beauty that no other mortal could have behold. For if such a person existed, they would have shouted from the highest mountain of the magnificence that was Lothlorien.

"Beautiful..." he muttered to himself. The elves snickered, pleased with the mortal's reaction to their home. They led to an open room where an elf woman of radiant beauty stood with a mysterious smile on her face. A shudder ran throughout Aragorn's body as she gazed at him with penetrating eyes. It was as if she could read his mind and knew all of his most deepest and darkest secrets.

"Aragorn, son of Arathorn." Galadriel called to him as he stepped into her audience chambers high in the trees. "I have seen your arrival in my woods long before you were born. Welcome."

Aragorn bowed awkwardly, slightly intimidated by the power of her presence. "I am sorry for my intrusion, my lady, but I was in a rush and I didn't have time to go around--"

"Apologies are not needed, Aragorn." Galadriel waved her hand as to dismiss the topic. "I know the reason for your rush, but there is no need of it now. Come, take rest in this sacred forest of the Elves and join us for dinner."

"But, my lady--" Aragorn went to protest.

"Do you wish to anger me, Aragorn?" she asked, her eyes flashing. "I have offered you passage into my woods, and gave you my hospitality, and yet you refuse?"

"Of course not, my lady. I mean no disrespect." Aragorn said, humbled. "Good." Galadriel smiled. Turning to the Elf that had brought Aragorn to her in the first place, she said "Take Aragorn to the guest rooms and see that he is properly cared for."

"Yes, my lady," he bowed. Turning to Aragorn, he motioned for the man to follow him. Shrugging to himself, he followed. He felt uneasy in the presence of the elf, seeing as just minutes ago, he had threatened Aragorn's life.

"Now that you know my name," Aragorn said by way of conversation and also for his own peace of mind. "May I ask yours?"

"I am Haldir, captain of the guards of Lothlorien." He said without turning as he slowed to a stop and motioned to the door in front of him. "These are your rooms. There are proper clothes for you to wear on the bed and water is being drawn for your bath."

"Thank you." Aragorn said, grateful as he headed into the room. Haldir glanced at him sideways. "You are a weird one." he mumbled, leaving. Aragorn paid him no mind has he inspected his living quarters. It was spacious and homely and just as Haldir had said, clothes lay neatly folded at the edge of his bed. A knock at the door signaled the coming of his bath and he opened the door to let in the Elf with the water. He thanked her with a grateful smile, to which she blushed and bowed herself out of the room.

It was a while later when the man finally felt clean again and he put on the clothes that he was given to wear. They seemed to fit him exactly and he wondered how it was that they knew his size so well. It was as if it was made just for him. Aragorn sighed, and decided that maybe he shouldn't dwell on such things. The Elves had become a race hardly known to man except through songs and far away history, so thinking about such questions were going to end up bringing him nothing more than a head ache. Sighing, he plopped himself on the bed for a quick nap. It had been many days since his last restful sleep and he looked forward to having such a comfort.

The gentle pound on the door woke him from his doze and he answered it with a sniffled yawn. Haldir stood there, looking for the world someone that would rather not be there. "Come, Galadriel has summoned you to her table." he said in a gruff tone that was close to being insubordinate. Aragorn nodded, yawning once again and turning back inside to ready himself.

Haldir frowned as Aragorn came out five minutes later. " You took to long," he said irritably, leading Aragorn away.

As Aragorn entered the large dinning hall, he way that a long banquet table had been set and many elves sat around it, happily enjoying their drinks and appetizers. Haldir named each of the guests present for Aragorn's sake as they made their way to the head of the table. Aragorn was placed next to Galadriel and an empty seat to his right. Haldir took his own seat next to the empty one, a look of anxious anticipation on his face. Aragorn's curiosity got the better of him and he turned to Galadriel for an answer. She smiled her secret smile and motioned to the entranceway. With a confused expression on his face, he turned his head to look to where she pointed.

Aragorn inhaled sharply. In the doorway stood the most beautiful creature that Aragorn had ever seen. Golden hair framed a perfect face and eyes that shined with a bright blue flame flashed in the firelight. The creature smiled, and Aragorn felt himself melt. He let out a sigh as the beauty turned to look his way. Spotting Galadriel, the flaxen haired beauty came over to give his greetings to his kindred and Aragorn could not help but stare. Catching himself, he shook his head. This was an elf and he had no right to goggle. And besides that, the elf seemed to be male. As the golden haired elf made his way closer to him, Aragorn decided to throw gender out the window. He was too beautiful to not fall in love with.

The elven lady watched Aragorn with the corner of her eye as she gave her blessings to Legolas just as he had to her. "Aragorn," she began, turning to him with a knowing smile. "This is Legolas Greenleaf, the youngest prince of Mirkwood. Legolas, this is Aragorn, son of Arathorn of the Dunedain."

"A man?" Legolas questioned, looking at Aragorn with wide eyes. "Is it wise to let a man into the sacred woods of Lothlorien, my lady?" "Worry not, young one," she assured him. "He means no harm, and will not for the rest of his days."

"Of course, the wisdom of the Lady of the Wood is always the best," Legolas bowed. He glanced at Aragorn with wary eyes, but was distracted as he caught sight of another elf behind him.

"Haldir!" Legolas cried out in absolute joy. The other elf jumped from his seat, his suddenly anxiety gone, replaced by happy tears as the two elves hugged. "Oh, dearest Haldir! The Valar must have blessed me to allow me to see you once again!"

"You exaggerate, Legolas," Haldir said, blushing as they pulled out of the hug but not out of each other's arms. "It is me who is blessed to see you again. I have been waiting so very long for your return." The look in their eyes gave Aragorn the chills. It was a stare of absolute love and trust, something he had longed for a very long time. At that moment, he knew that even if it took all of his life he wanted that same look. And glancing at Legolas, he knew there was only one person he wanted it from.

Galadriel, somehow sensing his resolve, leaned over to whisper gently into his ear. "Legolas, dear Aragorn," she said, her breath tickling his ear. "is not only prince of Mirkwood; but the future husband of Haldir."
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=3141