The Morning After by wildemoose
Summary: Aragorn and Boromir did something dirty last night, and they're both feeling a little guilty.
Categories: FPS > Boromir/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Boromir Characters: Aragorn, Boromir
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 956 Read: 931 Published: August 03, 2012 Updated: August 03, 2012
Story Notes:
I'm a very recent convert to the world of LotR, and this is my first attempt at slash, so feedback would be amazing, especially if I've made any horrible mistakes deserving of laughter and scorn.

1. Chapter 1 by wildemoose

Chapter 1 by wildemoose
Arwen stood at her chamber window, gazing out over the eternally autumnal landscape of Rivendell. She wanted badly to speak to Aragorn, was on the point of going in search of him, when she heard a step behind her.

"Aragorn." He stopped in his tracks, wondering what had given him away.

"How did you know it was me?" She half-smiled into her mirror.

"After all the years we've known each other, can you really think that I do not know your step?" She turned around. "I had hoped to see you last night." A blush spread across his face before he could master himself, though she pretended not to notice. "What were you and Boromir doing, alone in his room till all hours?" The blush deepened, although his voice was firm.

"The journey ahead of us is a long one. We had many important matters to discuss." The silence was as loud as any sound he had ever known. Her sea-blue eyes seemed to pierce to his soul and read what was written there.

"Aragorn, there is no need to hide this."

"Arwen-"

"You know the ways of Elves are different from those of Men. We cast no shame on those who lie with other men, especially on a journey such as yours, where the road is long and difficult. Often one must rely on a... special friend for comfort." For the first time, he met her eyes with an equally steady gaze.

"I am pledged to you."

"And I to you. But we do not know when that pledge may be fulfilled. I would not deny you..." She paused, unsure of the proper phrase to use. "I would not deny you pleasure. Of any kind. Nor, I hope, would you deny me. Chastity befits neither Elves nor Men."

"And fidelity?"

"There has never been a promise of fidelity between us. Please believe me, Aragorn. I am truly happy for you." Aragorn did not speak. "Surely your morality does not forbid what has passed between you and Boromir?"

"Indeed, no. I was only worried... about what it might mean for us. We had not discussed such an event..." His voice trailed off as he thought of something she had said. "Arwen, you spoke of a special friend. Do you have one such friend, among the elf-maidens, perhaps?" She hesitated, the corners of her lips hinting at a smile.

"I do." Aragorn paused also.

"I am glad," he said finally. Arwen smiled, rose, and kissed him gently.

"All my thoughts go with you on your journey," she said. "Make each other happy. And then come back to me."

"I promise," Aragorn whispered.




Feeling much relieved in spirit, Aragorn left Arwen's chamber. As he did so, he noticed the shadow of a Man lurking at the end of the hallway. His heart gave a leap when he realized that it was Boromir. He crept up quietly behind him and touched him on the shoulder, making Boromir start and reach for his sword.

"No need for that, Boromir," he said with a smile. "It's me." He leaned in for a kiss, but the other Man pulled away hastily.

"You've been to see the Lady Arwen this morning."

"I have."

"Did you tell her? About us?"

"I did not have to. She already knew." Again, Boromir gave a little jump of surprise.

"Knew! How could she know?"

"You are not used to the ways of Elves, Boromir. They see and hear much that we think hidden from the world."

"But still, a sin such as ours-"

"You call it a sin?"

"Why, do you not?"

"To the Elves, it is no sin. Nor is it to me. Pleasure is pleasure. And love is love. The Elves understand this. Both should be taken wherever one finds them. As I explained to Arwen, my only guilt was what she might have thought of my betrayal. But she has given us her blessing, for the length of our quest. And so..." He reached for Boromir, felt the other man's body relax under the gentle pressure of his arms.

"I had thought that we might have compromised our mission. The ways of Gondor are... less lenient."

"Do not fear punishment." Boromir pushed Aragorn from him fiercely.

"I fear nothing! But Elvish wine makes a man do strange things. This must never pass between us again."

"What?"

"I am pledged to a maiden of Gondor."

"And I to the Lady Arwen. What of that?" Though he himself had felt full of shame ten minutes before, Arwen's words rang true for Aragorn as he repeated them to Boromir. "We have a long and difficult journey ahead of us. One must rely on someone for comfort. Arwen understands this." Aragorn stroked Boromir's face with his rough hand. "So will your maiden, if she be of any worth." Boromir allowed himself a smile.

"I doubt that."

"And what were you saying that we must never do again?" asked Aragorn, also smiling. "Was it this?" His lips found those of the other warrior, and he found that his kisses were as eagerly accepted and returned as they had been the night before. "Or this?" He let his hands caress Boromir's chest, slowly stroking lower and lower until they reached the opening of his breeches, already straining with excitement. Against his will, Boromir let out a low moan.

"Not here, for pity's sake!"

"Then you mean for us to do it somewhere else. Your resolve is weakening, man of Gondor. And I can see your... interest rising." Boromir gave a shamefaced glance at himself before meeting the Ranger's gaze.

"Perhaps... perhaps this would not be such a bad thing. After all, it is going to be a very long journey."
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=3009