It's Too Late by Yeu
Summary: Never EVER get into an argument you can't solve in time.
Categories: FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 485 Read: 1013 Published: July 29, 2012 Updated: July 29, 2012
Story Notes:
First and foremost, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE!!! And I might apply some grammar rules that weren't meant for English (happens when you speak multiple tongues.) This fic is quite light-hearted compared to my past one, in which I like to put characters through hell. My first LOTR fic, so feeback is appreciated.

1. Chapter 1 by Yeu

Chapter 1 by Yeu
"Do you think I really care about that?" he almost shouted. "I have been loyal to you throughout the whole quest, never during that time has my loyalty ever wavered! I would have taken blades and arrows that endangered my own existence for you and now you question my sincerity?"

To say that the elf was less than pleased would have been an understatement; the normally calm and pale face was flushed and twisted with anger. With a simple turn Legolas stormed out of the room, marched down the corridor and disappeared from his life.

Aragorn wasn't sure what really happened, as it all happened too fast for him to comprehend. The King wasn't even sure what topic they were discussing before the discussion turned into an argument and the argument turned into an eternal goodbye. The elven price was not one to anger easily and definitely not one to get mad over impractical events. By the time the man had recovered from the shock, the guards reported that the elf had already left the city at a full gallop. Aragorn had tried to pursue his secret lover, but it is not easy for a King to take trips the moment he wishes it, and by the time he finally reached Mirkwood, sad news awaited him.

His treasure had already left, for the seas.

The former ranger had tried to track down and follow the prince, but who can find an elf when he does not wish to be found? All the wind and trees whispered of one thing; the green leaf had floated west. With desperation Aragorn returned again to Mirkwood, hoping the prince had changed his mind and returned. One day turned into one week, one week turned into one month, and a month turned into a year. Legolas never returned, just like the fallen leaf would never return to the tree.

He searched the highest mountains and the deepest caves, retraced their adventures and hiked through the forest; he never saw the green leaf again. The ranger asked the great eagles who saw many things and none had seen a wondering leaf. At last, with all other options exhausted, he knew he had lost the treasure of his life.

With a great sadness did the king return once again to his city; many years had passed since his departure and many were amazed and joyous at his return. The years had not gone by without changes and the city held a few more surprises than it had when its King left.

Mainly, a new stone sat in the courtyard outside the King's window where none had sat before. On it, skillful hands of elf and man had carved into its surface:

To the leaf that was green with life,
Who turned yellow with misery,
And brown with death.
May you finally find the sun that would nourish you,
Rising over the east.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=2870