Quelled by Rutaari
Summary: It all ends here.(Sequel to Calling Your Name.)
Categories: FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas, FPS > Legolas/Aragorn Characters: Aragorn, Legolas
Type: None
Warning: Angst, Character Death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1539 Read: 2029 Published: July 19, 2011 Updated: July 19, 2011
Story Notes:
This is the sequel and the final segment of the Whispers, Silent Shouts, Echoes, and Calling Your Name series. Please read those first, otherwise this fic makes no sense at all. I'm sorry for how short it is. Please give me feedback on this and the whole series in general. I'm also sorry to those of you who waited so long so patiently for this to come out. This is the end of the series, it can not go on from here. Thanks for all your feedback and encouragement! Enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 by Rutaari

Chapter 1 by Rutaari
"Please don't go." Legolas pleaded, tears rolling down his face, his hand gripping tightly to that of his lover.

"It is my time." Aragorn said weakly. "You have known this day would come. Do not weep."

All Legolas could do was to stare down lovingly at his king. Aragorn was old now, having lived well past his hundredth year. What little elven blood flowed in his veins had prolonged his life and caused him to hardly age at all. His face was slightly wrinkled, and his hair was tainted silver, but otherwise he was that same, yet older, Aragorn. Until a few years ago, he had been as strong as when he had been a young man, and it was not until recently that his young nature had failed.

The man ran his hand down Legolas' face. "Please do not be so sad, my love." He whispered, too weak to speak loudly. "I know you will follow me eventually, but until then, find happiness elsewhere. Perhaps another-"

"No!" Legolas sobbed. "There could never be another."

Aragorn nodded. "Then find peace, Legolas." He said, and took a gasping breath. "Your home is calling you." And the king's head tilted to the side.

"Saes..." Legolas sobbed once more. "Amin melesse lle."

"Ve u Amin." Aragorn whispered, and his body went limp as death overtook him, as his mortal fate had deemed it would.

"Lau!" Legolas screamed, and gripped Aragorn's clothing. "Saes lau!" Behind him, the elf was hardly aware of the bustling about of bodies and whispers of the king's death. Someone came to pull Legolas away and put a cloak over Aragorn's body, but Legolas shoved their hands away. "No!" He yelled, his heart overcome with grief, yet at the same time filled with fury. "Leave him be! Leave us be!"

"Let them alone." Lord Elrond's voice said, as a tear rolled down his cheek. "He needs time to say goodbye."

Legolas bent over Aragorn's body, weeping and calling out incoherently. Everyone left the room, and Legolas still clung to his love's body, recalling what had happened since he had resided in Gondor, choosing love over his elven life.




Legolas and Aragorn had travelled to Mirkwood just after his brothers had informed him of their father's change of heart. Thranduil had taken Legolas into his arms and embraced him. "I am sorry, Legolas." He had said. "I did not mean to wrong my youngest son."

"It is pardoned, father." Legolas had responded, though his voice had not corresponded with his words, and Aragorn and Legolas' brothers had all exchanged glances.

True to his word, Aragorn insisted that Legolas visit Mirkwood every year of his life while he resided in Gondor. The elf happily agreed and both lovers would travel the journey together, and returned to Gondor hand in hand. Eventually, Legolas eased up to his father, and Thranduil never again struck his son, though he was truly tempted at times.

Aragorn was constantly busy with his kingly duties. Legolas would come home late at night from wandering in the woods or watching the stars from the roof of the palace, and find Aragorn sitting at the desk in their room, candles lit for lighting, and papers strewn about before him. Legolas would come in and lay his hands on Aragorn's shoulders and whisper in his ear.

"It is late, my love, this will wait until the morrow."

"No." Aragorn would argue. "I must finish these plans tonight."

So Legolas would leave the king to his duties and retire to bed, only to wake an hour later and find Aragorn asleep at the desk, and the elf would carry him to the bed and curl up beside the man.

As time passed, Aragorn slowly grew weaker. His hair began to fade, and lines started to appear on his face. Legolas still looked at him with the same loving eyes, but the king was always envious that his lover never changed. Still, Legolas remained by Aragorn's side, finding comfort in the gardens of Gondor until their yearly visit to Mirkwood.

When Aragorn had finally reached his dying days in the last few weeks, Legolas had sent for Elrond, the king's foster father. Elrond Half-Elven had appeared in no time at all, and had stayed by Legolas' side as the elf watched his husband slowly fade away before his very eyes. Now there was no denying it, no turning back. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, only heir to the throne of Gondor, and only remaining heir of Isildur, was gone.




"Legolas?" The elf could hear Elrond's voice, but simply continued to stare out the window of his room.

"Legolas, this is not good for you." Elrond said, feeling as though he were speaking to a wall. "Please, Legolas, won't you come down to dine?" Elrond received to response, so he turned to leave the prince to his thoughts.

"I am going home." The blond elf's voice interrupted the silence, and Elrond whirled to face the prince.

"Home? To Mirkwood?" He asked.

"Yes, to Mirkwood." Legolas said, tearing his eyes for the first time in days away from the familiar view of Gondor from the former king's chambers.

"I am glad to hear it." Elrond said sincerely. "Your father misses you. He is worried."

"I will leave Gondor early tomorrow." Legolas said, ignoring the older elf's comment about his father.

"I will see that the proper things are prepared for you." Elrond said, and left the room, closing the door quietly behind him as Legolas resumed his position staring out the window.




Legolas rode for days. His mount had been a gift from Aragorn, the only offspring of Hasufel, Legolas' beloved Rohan horse. Hasufel's colt was called Kolindo, which means "bearer", as he bore Legolas on his back at just a year old and never once put up a fight. The colt was the very image of his father, grey all over, with strong muscles and deep chest. The equine felt the sorrow in his master, and moved slower and was less agile than he normally was.

"I apologize, Kolindo." Legolas whispered to his horse. "I have been selfish of late, but that will stop soon. You will see. No more will Legolas be the innocent, young prince of Mirkwood. It will all change."

Legolas finally arrived in Mirkwood, and embraced his family as they took him in, all very apologetic for his loss. The young prince spent a few days with them, letting them believe him to be alright, and then crept out one morning from the palace, taking last glances at all of his family members.

"They will be alright." He whispered to himself, and wandered off into the woods.

Legolas walked for quite a long time. The sun rose, and spread dancing patterns of light across the forest floor, and creatures awoke, making sounds to let others know of their presence. The elf came through a grove of trees, and finally found what he had been looking for. The tree. An ancient mallorn tree, the place where Legolas had first laid eyes on his beloved. The elf took no hesitation in sitting under the tree, in between the giant roots which sprung from the earth. The elf leaned his head back against the tree, squeezing his eyes tightly shut.

"I can live like this no longer, Aragorn." He spoke into the breeze. "I have so many who love me, and yet the one whom I truly love is no longer here." Legolas remained silent for a moment, then opened his eyes and looked around him at the beautiful forest. "I am ready, my love." He whispered, "please take me with you."

A sharp pain suddenly grew in Legolas' chest, and he clamped his fists shut, trying to make the pain go away. Then there was nothing, he felt nothing. Memories flashed before his eyes. Memories of his family, of Aragorn, of his terrible life as a slave, and his last few, wonderful, years. A shuddering gasp was emitted from the prince's mouth, and then he lay still, not a single rise did his chest make, and the forest of Mirkwood mourned.




A bright light had surrounded Legolas, and the elf suddenly felt light and carefree. He was surrounded by white, and he did not know where to go.

"Legolas." A soft whisper was heard in his ears, and the elf took a step foreward. "Legolas." He heard again. The elf's sureness grew, and he took another step, and another. His pace quickened, and suddenly there was no white at all. He was standing on soft, grassy earth, and trees surrounded him. Mirkwood. This is how he remembered his home. And he was there. Leaning against a large tree was Aragorn, young and unchanged, and he smiled at Legolas.

"I have been waiting." The man said, standing up.

"Aragorn!" Legolas cried out, and like a child ran as fast as he could to Aragorn and flung his arms around the man in a tight embrace. "Don't ever leave me again, mellon." He whispered into Aragorn's ear.

Aragorn returned the elf's embrace, and kissed him lightly on the head. "I will not." He whispered. "I am yours forever, Legolas. I am yours to keep."
End Notes:
Didja like it? Didja didja didja? I know character death's suck, but this one was mandatory. Anyway, they went to a happier place. Hope you enjoyed it, even if it was short:)
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=2248