The Cutest by Razzle
Summary: Humour. Arwen's POV, but don't let that put you off. Set before the fellowship leaves. Just random, and I apologise for the lack of filth.
Categories: FPS > Legolas/Aragorn, FPS, FPS > Aragorn/Legolas Characters: None
Type: Humor
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2025 Read: 1628 Published: December 23, 2009 Updated: December 23, 2009
Story Notes:
Ah, Louise. Fondest fan, foulfortune friend, and you canna getta better beta.

1. Chapter 1 by Razzle

Chapter 1 by Razzle
It's so sweet, the way they have their own little code. I think I've worked it out. When daddy or Boromir is being tiresome, Legolas raises an eyebrow. Estel smiles in acknowledgement, and they share the joke. Isn't that cute? I'm glad he has a friend who's likely to be around as long as he. It's sad that he's mostly going to outlive all his other friends. Legolas was joking about that at dinner last night, saying Aragorn would never outlast him. Strange, Legolas never usually jokes about death. Estel didn't seem bothered though, he just shrugged. Isn't that cute?

Ah. That's another one they have together. This one's a little more obscure. Legolas puts his forefinger in his mouth, and pouts around it as he pulls it out, his eyes fixed on Estel, obviously an indication that he wants to speak in private, as his friend twitches the corner of his mouth in recognition, and then neither of them are to be found for a time. Isn't that cute?

I'm sure they talk about me. Maybe Legolas is warning Estel to take care of me. He's sweet like that. Or maybe they're just gossiping. Elves love to gossip. They must be saying something about me, because Estel always looks so guilty when he's been off chatting with Legolas, where he's probably been letting slip all our secrets. He's very endearing when you catch him out nattering like an old woman. Isn't that cute?




Legolas is confusing, even for an elf. He never talks about relationships, at least never to me. I suppose he talks to Aragorn. I think he has a girl, though, at least someone he shares his bed with (those Mirkwood elves aren't known for their commitment). Although I think referring to her as 'my bitch' is probably a little disrespectful.

Given his relaxed attitude to his relations, I can't possibly explain the look on his face when I tried to set him up with one of my girl-friends. He looked positively horrified. Maybe he's shy of new women. Isn't that cute?




Estel has been wandering off more and more. Spending more time alone. He doesn't like it when I creep up on him. I think the enormity of the task ahead of him is weighing heavily on his mind. Isn't that cute?

Doesn't stop him thinking about other things, though. He's quite excitable when you catch him in the right mood. Snuck up on him the other day, just before that Boromir person started disrespecting the blade, and slipped my arms around his waist.

I only meant it as a comfort, but he got somewhat overexcited at the gesture. He turned me in his arms and kissed me, rather forcefully I must say. I've rarely felt him that passionate, he's usually so gentle with me. Almost too gentle; he seems to think I'll break. I rather enjoyed his enthusiasm, but when he opened his eyes, I suppose my shocked expression rather upset him. He broke off, mumbled an apology and took off like a startled deer. He was wiping his mouth rid of the taste of his uncontrolled desire, no doubt. Isn't that so cute?




Legolas was well off with Estel today. I was watching daddy's important 'no you can't come Arwen, not until you can sit still for an hour' meeting, from the balcony above. Legolas was throwing Estel evils all through the first few minutes, and that funny wrinkled hobbity creature had mentioned they'd been rowing. I thought it was about the ring, or the quest, but apparently Legolas had been reprimanding Aragorn for not being able to tell the difference, or something, so presumably Aragorn suggested Legolas wear the wrong tunic again. I never understood their need to check each other's clothing before they leave their chambers every morning, but I'm not a man, what do I know? Anyway, as a nice friendly ritual, it's sweet. More important considerations took over, though, when that Boromir person stuck his oar in. Legolas positively leapt to his friend's aid, so they must have put it behind them. Estel was clearly relieved; I could see it in his face from all the way up here. Mind you, Legolas didn't look happy when he told him to sit down. Interested, but not entirely happy. For all our flouncing, we elves are great admirers of force, and I have to say Estel was rather manly throughout. I nearly had to go and lie down. Quite funny when it all kicked off, though. I distinctly heard a familiar voice promise punishment for something. Honestly, these males and their battles of pride. They're like little boys. It's very cute, though.




Estel is off tomorrow, it seems. Not so sweet. I know he has to go. Hell, I can see that clearer than he can, but he seems reluctant to leave. I'm sure it's because he's going to miss me. I came to see him, and he was mumbling something about there being no privacy on a trip like this. He's always needed his personal space, that's why his trips always take so long. I told him he'd have to stick it out; it probably wouldn't take that long, and at least he'd have his best friend with him. He seemed to perk up at this, but still seemed forlorn. I reminded him if he needed to talk, Legolas had very sensitive ears, and there'd always be a chance to be alone at night, just volunteer to go on watch. He cheered up immensely at this, declaring that hobbits were really sound sleepers. Just like him, to think of the little ones' being able to find rest, with so many burdens on his mind already. Isn't that just so damn cute?




I followed Legolas tonight. I wanted to ask him to take care of my man, not that he needs reminding. He seems to care quite enough for his well-being without my encouragement. Legolas was making his way down through the woods, presumably to say goodbye to the beautiful trees, the peace therein which he is likely not to see again for some time. But I would curse these long skirts, and his long legs, for he is faster than me, and I lost him as he disappeared through a dense patch of trees. It is only now I find him again, and he has found my love. They're embracing; it's so sweet of him, to offer Estel the comfort he needs at having to leave me. I don't want to interrupt their bonding; it's not the kind of thing you need your fiancée to know about. No harm in watching, though.

I can't see all that much through this bush I'm hiding behind, but I think Estel might be getting a little over-emotional. His shoulders are moving as if he's sobbing, and he's holding Legolas tighter to him. Legolas really does have beautiful hair. I wish I could get mine to sit that straight, and I know Estel appreciates it. Sometimes I catch him absently playing with the ends of it, and right now his hands are buried in it. He's so tactile, my Estel. It's so cute.

Ah, Aragorn has one of his cramps. He gets it sometimes, high up in his thigh, sometimes I've found him working it out on his own, but it must be better when a friend does it. Legolas is obviously good at this, at least Estel seems to approve, and from the way he's groaning it must be a painful one. Legolas is releasing him now, and I don't think Estel's entirely happy about it. Legolas is such a tease, what's he playing at? Oh, he's leading him to the stream. I wonder if he and I might be kindred spirits. I was going to suggest Estel took a bath before he set out, and now here it seems his friend had the same idea. Legolas has always been fond of bathing, and constantly tries to encourage him into a greater level of cleanliness.

I never see Estel so at his ease as when he is with Legolas. He's not extroverted by nature, and he lacks the carefree regard to nudity of the elves, but perhaps he seems to have no such qualms in regard to his friend. They stripped themselves quite confidently, and are sliding into the water without any pretence at averting their eyes.

I know I should leave at this point, not move closer, daddy would have a fit if he knew I was watching naked men bathing. Maybe just a little closer.

They're embracing again. I never realised Estel was so insecure. He must be afraid to show me his weaknesses. That's so cute.

I wish I could see his face, but Legolas is still in the way. I can't see his hands either, but he must be massaging Estel's thigh again, given the ripples, and the way my love has gone back to moaning.

Aw, how sweet. Now they're washing each other. I swear, it doesn't matter how many gifts you give them, loofahs and the like, males will still use their hands over anything else.

Estel is leaning in very close to make sure he's got Legolas' chest clean. I don't know why he bothers, that creature has the most dirt-repellent skin I've ever known. Legolas can't understand it either. That must be why he keeps giggling. He has the most adorable laugh. It's so innocent, very endearing.

He seems to have grown tired of that. Now he's turning Estel around, so he can wash his back.

Estel really likes having his back scrubbed.

He really does.

It's so sweet, how much joy Legolas gleans from Aragorn's enjoyment of his ministrations. He seems to be singing, but lower than he tends to, and more like practising notes than an actual tune.

On reflection, I think perhaps Legolas is giving him a massage. Nobody's back needs that much washing. He has been holding a lot of tension in his shoulders. I hope he's not being overly rough with my love. He does seem to be moaning rather loudly, and humans aren't always as tough as we elves, maybe Legolas has forgotten that. But I think they're good moans, he seems happy enough. I wish he'd asked me, I'm sure I could have done that. He probably thought it wouldn't be proper, and that's rather cute too. They're both really into this whole massage thing. Legolas is stretching into the movement now, really putting his all into getting the tension out of Estel's poor back; there must be a knot he's having trouble with. Oh, apparently that did it.

Legolas' song finished on quite a crescendo. Not a traditional tune, but I could get used to his alternative style. Estel liked it too, from what I could hear. He said it was lovely.

Or something like that.

Maybe they can work on it together, when they have to go off on this trip. His rhythm went off a bit at the end.

I'm getting cold, and I really don't think I should interfere with their little bonding any more, I already feel like I've invaded. I think I'll go home. I'm sure I'll see them both before they leave tomorrow. It's so nice to know they'll look out for each other.

I'll pack Estel a bottle of massage oil, so he can return the favour.

Friendship is so cute.




He's so sad to leave me. I'm sure he doesn't to want to go. Legolas can tell, he keeps throwing sympathetic glances in his direction. I assume it's sympathy, but I always had trouble reading Legolas.

I can barely look Estel in the eye. I don't want him to go, even though I know he must. We'll be brave, we'll face the future, we'll soldier on, we'll be together someday, we'll...

That is so so so sweet. Right after they passed through the gate, Legolas dropped behind to hold Estel's hand. I have no doubt of the mission's success when such loyalties support it.

Aren't they just the cutest?

I might go plait my hair.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=1994