Run by Larien Elengasse
Summary: Erestor loves Glorfindel; Glorfindel runs.
Categories: FPS, FPS > Erestor/Glorfindel, FPS > Glorfindel/Erestor Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Type: None
Warning: None
Challenges: None
Series: Love in a Time of War
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 458 Read: 1698 Published: September 13, 2009 Updated: September 13, 2009
Story Notes:
This is the sequel to "The Dawning". Glorfindel and Erestor just won't leave me alone. Inspired by the music of Melissa Etheridge. First Person, Erestor's POV.

Beta: Alex

The Love in a Time of War series.

1. Chapter 1 by Larien Elengasse

Chapter 1 by Larien Elengasse
Go on, run. It is what you always do. In the ages I have known you, through war, through peace, it is the only thing about you that has ever remained the same. You have only ever been at peace in wartime. It is your purpose, you said: fighting, running, chasing, killing. Live life to its fullest, never show weakness, never show fear, never love. At least, that is what you would have me believe.

But I know what the others do not. I see who you are though you try to hide it. I see the fear and uncertainty; I see the love and kindness inside you. I know what you run from, and this has been my undoing.

It had to be you that broke down the walls I had so carefully constructed, you in all your fire and majesty, you with your strength and beauty and bright laughter.

Damn that wager! I curse the night I made it, I curse the night I opened the door and saw you there: golden, powerful, perfect. But we both know that is not really true. I may curse you, but I cannot help but love you, love you until my heart bursts, love you until I can only scream, cry, rail and drown. I have burned in your fire, and I have risen from the ashes of my former self – a free, beautiful bird soaring upon the waves of the wind. I will never be the same.

Glorfindel. Your name spills from my lips like a prayer. Indeed it is a prayer, a prayer I utter with breathless adoration, with hopeless devotion, and this prayer will drive me mad. I will not live without you; I will settle for no one but you, even if I have to follow you to Mandos' Halls.

I said the three words I was not supposed to say; I said the only thing that can strike fear in your heart. I love you. I whispered those words at first, when you were not listening, when you were sleeping, when you were riding out into the wilds to do your duty. Now I shout them to the mountaintops, my promise carried upon the wind. I will always love you.

Go on, run. It is what you always do. But know that there is nowhere you can run that I will not follow. Know that nothing you can do or say will stop the flood that has been released. Released by a kiss, by a touch of your hand upon my face. Do not fear me, my love. Run if you must, but I know you will return. And when you do, I will be here, shouting my love for you to the heavens.
This story archived at http://www.libraryofmoria.com/a/viewstory.php?sid=1933